Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
As Heavy as a Mountain

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

The night had come. Garrett Prosper and Derek Mitnick found their way to the Sheriff's office beneath the Nox Elysium, ostensibly to discuss future opportunities. Lina's office door was open, and Fall Out Boy quietly played within, its angsty male singer crooning about songs knowing what people did in the dark.

Lina Moretti's office was strange. Two walls were covered in blackboards, one of which involved notes about a corporation known as Echelon, and one of which was marked up in shorthand about a criminal enterprise related to Hunters. The rest were covered in shorthands that would take time to decipher, but recent dates were on it. An astute individual might realize that these too were notes about investigations - just notes for Lina, as opposed to notes for public consumption. She had a rolling whiteboard stand that she could move a board onto tucked neatly into a corner by a filing cabinet and a simple oak desk with a computer on it. Wires were neatly tucked, a black clip keeping them all together so they weren't in the way. It was Work Lina, personified.

All that - next to the other half of the office, which was obviously a space for hosting in a more relaxed way. Detective movie posters from the noir era were on the wall. There was a worn black leatherette couch, a side table, and a foosball table. Still tidy, but it was definitely not the same as the other half.

Moretti was seated in her desk chair, looking at a map of the Domain with a frown on her face. She didn't look angry, more like she was concentrating. Some sort of strategizing was going on behind those lively brown eyes, and judging by the whiteboard that had been put up on the rolling stand, it might have had something to do with the Echelon issue.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett arrives precisely at the time requested, giving a single knuckle rap against the open door for the sake of formality. The office space wasn't anything new to behold, and living in the shared maison with Moretti meant at this point the Beast only prickled at the clash of a more assertive predator.

He drops the leather bag of equipment next to the chair before taking a seat. "Evening, Fürst."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Arriving at the scheduled time, Derek is not far behind the Savage sycophant. Seeing the man's silhouette and feeling the familiar rival Beast, Derek suppresses his own. The task isn't difficult as the Taint of the stronger Beast beyond sends it sniveling into his throat that gulps at the sensation.

"Good evening, Sheriff Moretti," the voice carries just above the musical angst as he walks tentatively into the office, hovering in the open space between the doorway and the desk. He carries his laptop bag but no other fancy gadgets.

"We were hoping, in addition to the opportunities you mentioned, to give our report on our progress with Echelon. The person of interest and account number we acquired, if that's alright?"

Likely it may have sway on these opportunities Lina has in mind.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Gentlemen," the Sheriff greeted them once they entered. Garrett Prosper's Beast was growing to be familiar, but they were not so well acquainted that it would be anything other than jarring when he showed up, like the monster in her Blood had suddenly come to direct, focused attention. Snapping it down with the rote exercises she did to control the Beast, she gestured to the chairs before her desk.

Mitnick's opening brought a smile to her face.

"Getting shit done. Good job, both of you. Yes. Tell me what you've found. Let's do that first."

A strong opener for the pair, to be sure. She reached into the desk drawer and produced a black dry-erase marker. The Echelon whiteboard was getting an update.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper glances back as Menzies hovers in the doorway, smirking slightly. He was good to work with, but had the presence of a wet paper bag. No irritants from the Curse goad anything more malicious as the Shadow's Beast is quiet.

At the other man cutting to the chase and Moretti eagerly popping the lid off a pen, he scratches under his eye,

"Account number and name that Mr. Mitnick had previously obtained was confirmed to be linked through Merchant's National Bank. Mitnick narrowed it down to an A. Geissen whom involved his assets with some charity and union work. Enigmatic individual whose only physical descriptors were: large and pale." He tilts his head at Derek in case he had left anything out.

"Arnoud Geissen has a reputation for shutting down any business through his connections in banking, and has exceptional influence in city hall, if my contact wasn't flanderizing it. He is a bit of a legend for forcing transactions to kow tow to his interests, and suddenly disappeared. I will be receiving more details later," he shrugs a shoulder,

"This is nothing concrete and might end up a bit of a red herring, but I do not know if the word "Wachovia" means anything to you. Apparently an individual got into some bad business and killed himself. Colourful story, but because of our line of work...he could have just been a criminal; he could be some ghoul bent on vengeance; or a Kindred with the ability to command such actions. It would explain how the organization has access to medical information of our kind to develop a toxin."

He waits for Lina to finish whatever notes she chooses to make, "Aside from my conspiracy theories, was there anything else?" he asks Menzies.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Mr. Prosper is correct," answers Derek, taking a couple steps closer to the desk. "We were unable to access the account without taking additional risks. A password is needed. But we can be almost certain that its through Merchants National."

He tilts his head toward Garrett, not quite facing him. "Since we are speculating, breaking through the bank security to access the account number may give us some leverage against Echelon. But I imagine it will be quite difficult to brute force the encryption. We could continue following leads to locate Arnoud Geissen himself perhaps. Due to his reputation that may be difficult too."

L
    Lina Moretti

"Large and pale... and mysterious..." Moretti murmured, writing ARNOUD GEISSEN upon the board. "Tons of influence, enigmatic, and connected to an organization that apparently can make vampire-killing poisons. Nice lead." Could it be that they had found their vampire? Or was this just another servant? With a frown, she shook her head about the Wachovia thing, but she wrote the word down. Something to look into. Her offhand came up in response to Mitnick's suggestions.

"I've got a lead that could potentially give us that password. I asked the Prince to secure their lawyer, de Antonia, in connection with a different case involving some Mexican gangsters running guns that are connected to Hunters. The Italian Mob has him nice and safe and on their payroll, now. Turns out de Antonia was counsel for both Echelon and the leader of the Mexican gang. I'll tag the Harpy in to ask the lawyer some questions with me... because if someone at Echelon would know the boss's financial passwords, it might be the lawyer. Way easier than hacking a bank, if he knows it. As for Geissen, we're going to have to keep running the leads down."

She slipped her offhand into her pocket, stepping back a minute to look at her board in totality.

"What's this Wachovia thing about? And why aren't you two Deputies yet?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Oh boy. Giving It another torture pet.

Prosper kept his expression neutral. "Have not looked yet. We can now though- sorry, what?" he cuts himself at her question. "That is your wheelhouse, Sheriff," he chuckles.

Oh boy, responsibility!

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek is silent as he looks between Garrett and Lina, uncertain how to respond. He had conversed with Lina somewhat about the possibility of his appointment, but they were all so involved in investigations that there hadn’t been a real formal discussion.

[COLOR=“#cc9999”]”Indeed, that is your call. Speaking for myself, if you think I am capable, I am willing to accept that responsibility.”

“To that point, I should apologize for not responding to your correspondence some time ago, regarding your other invitation. There was some confusion for my part, in regards to fulfilling discussed expectations. Though we can discuss that another time if you wish.”[/COLOR]

Perhaps it isn’t appropriate to bring that up now, but Garrett being a member of the Ordo made Derek more willing to broach the topic.

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti grinned at the whiteboard, showing it only when she looked back over her shoulder for a moment to answer them.

"Mitnick, you've got all the time in the world when it comes to entering a Covenant. You can ask Prosper here about Dragon stuff, too, or Madcap, or any of us, really. The ball is in your Court to do whatever research you want and petition me for membership if you so choose."

She winked at Garrett. They were going to be best friends!

"Gentlemen, the fact of the matter is, I have a Crone hitter as my one resource to ensure security with. Krieg has his place, to be sure. But we need to diversify. You're both talented, and you both are thinkers. I need people who have skill sets more varied than just their claws or guns, who I can trust to get out in the field and do things smart. That's the skill set that Deputy Sheriffs have to have. I'm a private eye, gents. I believe in solving things with my head."

She gestured at both of them with the whiteboard marker before returning her attention to the evidence.

"You're already doing the job, here and now. Might as well get the recognition and upsides for it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.