Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The older Crescent nods. "Urshal is often a favoured hunting form. Strong. Fast. My preference, too, as long as we're not this side in the city."

Emily looks appalled. "You would be lucky to dream of me, Nate! Dream me... would rock... your worl-hahahahaha!" the Ithaeur breaks down into a fit of laughter. It takes several minutes for her to compose herself. "Oh, god.... hehehe... I'm sorry Nate... I saw you avoid looking when I got changed and I just couldn't resist teasing you. You would be amazed how few folks know the Rite of Dedication, but Dad nearly beat my old teacher into making me learn it. Shouldn't be thinking about me that way anyway, or any wolf. They never cover the Oath where you cone from?" She says with a snigger. "Relax, Nate. Not gonna jump you. Even if there weren't freakish spirit consequences, you're just not my type. My approach is all about confidence and living every day."

She bristles slightly and focuses on the cigarette. "Nope. No Funeral Rites. You can keep it. But, uh.... remind me what he silver scar is again?"

The Iron Master finishes rolling, mutters some words and her hard wreaths in flames, lighting her cigarette.

lazy fightlighter
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-23 16:00:47 Emily rolls 4 to Call Fire: Sta+Surv+Pur (10 Again) 1, 2, 1, 10, 3 1 success
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

2. Likes Stray liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

It seemed that, in his flustered state, he'd twisted over the correct rite.

"The um.. Silver scar rite is used to rehabilitate Pure. But that's not something I know- I was talking about the Spirit Brand Rite... It's about ah.. Marking renown? It's a simple one- tasks recognized become scratched onto the person's skin, and glow silver. Not actual silver- just looks like it?"

Having cleared up the ordeal, Nathaniel gave a sigh of relief- and stared as she manipulated fire
    "Oooh you've chosen a fire focus? I'll probably alternate between Water and Wind- awesome ritual effects, ya know?"

Flaming hands were all well and good, but water and wind would serve him better.

4. Likes Stray liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily nods. "Ohhhh.... Then never mind. With no-one else around I had to learn Spirit Branding myself to keep my renown up."

Poor kid. Better not mess with his head too much.

The Iron Master chuckles and takes a drag on her cigarette. "I have Fire and Water. Mostly... I'm just kinda lazy and can't be fucked finding lighters all the time." She shrugs indifferently.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nods, not at all used to the smell of cigarettes, wrinkling his nose but not making any fuss about it.
    "I might be able to teach you more practical stuff then?"

He'd turned his head slightly away so as to avoid directly smelling the stuff

"or uh... I dunno. I suppose you could teach me rituals?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily tries to smile. "I mean, that's sweet, Nate, but I've been looking after myself and fighting Shadow creatures since you were in high school."

She looks across her like of fetish material. "Okay... how about some Banishings? Humans or Spirits, I can help you clear the room. Or Shadow Conveyance. Or a Scarlet Messenger- you were super interested in that."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nods, forgetting that werewolves didn't always look like their age. Young as she looked, it was probable that she'd lived twice as long as he... But he wasn't going to risk his hide asking that.

"scarlet messenger is useful, that's for sure- um... I can't drive. And I usually go wolfy if I need to travel fast. Banishing spirits would be useful- and with two of us on the rite I don't think even jackalopes could stop us."

His diplomatic approach rarely required banishment, but he knew it wouldn't stay that way- especially now that he was in a pack.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily stands, holds the smoke in her mouth and opens a window - her smoking was clearly bugging the kid. "Sometimes it's good for clearing out people. Haven't needed to clear spirits out much." After his beating, Nate's confidence at being able to handle any spirit makes her smile. He was wrong, of course, but there was no need to kick his ego to shreds. He was bouncing back. That was important.

"Scarlet messenger is a blood rite. That was what I meant about Old school. I learned a lot if rites in a primal form - my teacher was a Hunter, So, silver, blood, nature kinda thing. It's a nice, quiet one though. Won't show you here. Hard to clean up." She shrugs.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nodded. He didn't think they'd be confronting many humans... Then again, he'd been wrong about a lot of things.

"Ah... I understand. Just draw it out for me? Or I can take notes? Not sure how you teach."

Nathaniel's old teacher just went through the motions, practical demonstrations. But every person had their own methods.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily drains the last of the bourbon from the bottle and eyes it suspiciously. "Um... while drinking, I guess. Oh well."

She leans back. "Well, I tend to make a chalk circle, burn some herbs - usual things. Not essential, but it sets the scene. Then begin the actual ritual. Slice your left arm, west to East, and let thirty-three drops of blood fall into the circle. When the last drop falls, growl into the pool. That's pretty much it - The blood forms a pseudo-spirit that carries one sentence to someone you know the name of, and brings their reply back to you. Neat, huh?" the Iron Master says proudly.

"Never got taught that one. I had to piece it together from Windrider's notes. He was the Ithaeur of the Steel claws - the pack I was in before everyone, um, disappeared. Taught me all the spirit basics, how to do rituals, the works." She takes a pull on her cigarette. "That's his journal there. the leather one, not the other one - that's mine. He knew a lot, but couldn't write for shit." She chuckles at the memory.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nodded and took gentle notes throughout, even drawing rough sketches of the ritual circle.

"Does it have to be shed blood, or can you store it up?"

He'd have to learn this one- it seemed to have it's uses. At the mention of the journal Nathaniel looked
    "did he have any riddles or secrets, or is it basically just a horribly-written textbook?" The pup was always up for a riddle.

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last