Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1904) Ellis and Vivian

THREADID
    V
    Vivian York

The man was sharp dressed, which was probably the best indication before even meeting him that he was Invictus. Yet, it was also a stereo type, there were many who were sharped dressed as her eyes glanced at Jacque whilst moving away from the entrance, but keeping her ears perked for news or more doings of Court.

"Mister Meadows, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am the Librettist of Sacramento."

"If you please, tell me a little about yourself. What your Clan may be, where you're from, what brought you here. If you intend to stay, you know, the lot." Vivian sometimes felt she was on auto-pilot, but she tried not to be. They were the usual questions, but they were also necessary.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

And just like that, it was over. Was Banishment appropriate for the infraction? Ellis didn't know, and he was glad that he wasn't involved in the whole sordid mess. But he could feel himself growing more conservative in reaction to the event, more inclined to play things safe and not place a foot wrong.

"As you wish. I have an affidavit of blood outlining my kinship with Clan Daeva, should you wish to examine it." He gestures to himself, presumably to an inside pocket. Considering the air in Elysium at that moment, he wasn't going to pull something out from inside his coat without permission. "I have a similar affidavit with regards to my association with the First Estate, if need be."

"Until very recently, I was a resident of Los Angeles." He chooses his words and tone carefully, seeking to appear forthright and solemn, but not boring or like he was hiding something. "My Sire found me in a poor situation not of my own making and brought me over. He introduced me to the Lady Harding, who managed my induction and training with the First Estate. Once I was released into the general population," he gives a shrug. "It became apparent that Los Angeles would no longer be a good fit for me in the long term. Lady Harding chose to focus on another protégé and I arranged the details of my transportation with Dame Beldad."

"I would like to make my residence an extended one, if it please you. If not," he says delicately, "I would be most appreciative of a grace period to allow me to feed and make the necessary arrangements for travel."

V
    Vivian York

Vivian had put her finger up a moment, to pause while she listened to the exchange between the two Ventrue that became more heated than was probably intended. She couldn't hear all, but she did her Ale revoking an acknowledgement and someone storming out. No wait, someone else followed.

Really, can't we have one bloody court where everyone isn't acting like an petulant imbecile?

"My apologies for the distraction." She looked again through the Court before continuing. She would like to say that it was a rare thing, but the last two gatherings said otherwise.

Waving her hand. "Oh no, I don't need written confirmation of such matters. I do understand the importance of it though, particularly regarding the Invictus. But currently, those are not necessary. However, one never knows when they will be important."

It seems more and more people were hailing from not far and particularly California. It was intriguing to her, yet, not unheard of to want to be cautious in relocating. After hearing what happened, it seemed that he was cast aside for another. "It is a true shame that your Sire didn't spend more time with you. Yet, it isn't the first time I've heard of such things."

"Our Judex is Duchess Twist." Making a motion to the diminutive woman. "She is also of Clan Daeva and one I truly admire. She owns the Ballo Della Notte Theatre as well."

"Please stay for as long as you like. However, first there is the matter of the Laws of the Domain." Vivian produced a small scroll on litmus paper, easily dissolved or put to fire. "Please read through and let me know if you have questions."

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is no trouble, Madame Seneschal." Ellis says, quick to assure Vivian that he isn't put out by her need to keep an eye on the proceedings. "After all, if tonight is meant to determine who should be named Keeper, such a disruption only underscores the need for the position to be filled."

He nods without rancor at her dismissal of the need for his affidavit. Better to have them and not need them, he felt, than need them and not have them. "Thank you for your understanding. While the time we spent together was only too brief, I can not find it within me to hold it too harshly against him. After all, he did Embrace me. Immortality is not too bad of a consolation."

"Dame Beldad was kind enough to provide a description of yourself, Her Grace and the Madame Prince before my move." He admits, taking the scroll and unrolling it to examine it's contents. "I look forward to paying my respects to Her Grace one of these nights. I am given to understand that the First Estate here is honored to host an Au Pair?"

The Traditions, etc etc. He had two weeks to present himself, no not really, he'd never have been able to survive two weeks without feeding. Though he guessed he could have feed outside the Domain if he wanted to drag his feet and slum it with livestock. Presentation, of course, and don't sass the Prince. Personal Domain? If he had his way he'd never need to worry about a blood hunt being called. Right of Destruction is straightforward enough. What counts as 'treason' is defined in clear and simple enough terms. Expected etiquette is lighter than a feather compared to the First Estate. It is forbidden to feed on, etc... well he could live with that. More than reasonable expectations of learning about announcements. Nothing here was unreasonable, he felt. "The Prince's Laws seem more than reasonable, if this is what is expected of me in exchange for my residence. I am willing to swear an Oath to that effect, though I would appreciate some clarity on what it takes for a Haven to be considered one's Personal Domain. Does it need to be registered? Are there any other limitations on size or suitability that I would need to be aware of that would otherwise assumed to be known?"

5. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

It wasn't often that someone came along that had similar thoughts of Embracing, and that it wasn't really that bad. Granted, it took her five years to figure that out at first.

Vivian raised a brow pleasantly. She was starting to become famous in other cities. She wasn't sure how to take that, and how far it would travel to say Canada, the place she was avoiding. "That's excellent to hear. I've only been a member of the First Estate a little over a year. I have been in the city a bit longer than that." Vivian had lost count of how many years she'd been in Sacramento.

"To have a residence larger than an apartment, this will require Tenancy in a Regency. You could also ask the Prince for it directly as well. I would wait a few months, become established and perhaps talk to Her Majesty a little before asking this from her." Vivian's brow rose, as if giving a slight hint at this was probably the preferred method.

"Yet, until that time has come, you are hereby formally granted Acknowledgement in the Domain of Sacramento. You are allowed to Feed in the common grounds for now. The Rack is any Vampire owned business within each Regency, which you will need express permission to do so. I will record your Oath with the Harpy as well." Making a mental note to relay to Rebecca Simmons later.

There was the announcement. Vivian sighed, it would not have been her choice to name Mable the Keeper. Yet, as quickly as it was given out, it could be taken away.

Sorry to keep you waiting!

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

It is absolutely no trouble!

Any complement he could think of in response to her time in the First Estate seemed empty and condescending in light of his youth, newness to the Domain and the strength of the Seneschal's blood. Instead, Ellis simply nods his agreement. "Of course. The Madame Prince's time is undeniably valuable. It would be foolish to go begging for favor without a clear example of one's worth to the Domain to show why you are worthy of such an investment." His eyes flick away from Vivian for a moment, before returning. "Not to mention degrading in the extreme."

He bows when Vivian accepts his oath. "You have my most eager gratitude Madame Seneschal. While I would never presume to ursurp any more of your time than absolutely necessary, if you would be kind enough to direct my attention to the Reeve and the Harpy so I might introduce myself to them in good time, I would consider it a small favor. I understand that the night grows long and there are likely many things that call for your attention in what time there is left, otherwise I would fish for a personal introduction as a blatant excuse to spend time with someone as delightful as yourself."

V
    Vivian York

Waving a finger she smiled. "Now, bare in mind that the Prince is busy, but makes time for those who value her time. Those that want to be engaging and respectful usually have more success." Hopefully if this new Daeva had intentions to be arrogant, they would be curbed. Although, she really didn't think that would be the case.

The Daeva shook her head. "No, I wouldn't need a repayment of course. It is my pleasure to let you know who the Harpy and Reeve are." Vivian pointed to Rebecca Sims and then Lina Moretti. "The Harpy is the one with short blonde or white hair. The Sheriff is the one with the longer hair."

His compliments didn't go unnoticed and she beamed. "Why thank you Mister Meadows, you are too kind. The night is winding down soon and you will probably have to speak to the Reeve and Harpy another evening." Which was sad Ellis wasn't here earlier.

"With that in mind, I would like to know a little about you. Tell me, what do you enjoy doing for entertainment? If you were to have a perfect evening out, what would it be?"

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis accepts Vivian's mock admonishment with one hand over his heart and doing his damnedest to ignore the flashes thrown up into his mind by the curse at even the false hint of her displeasure. "Of course Madame Seneschal. I assure you, whenever I meet the Madame Prince your advice will be at the forefront of my mind and I will be on my best behavior."

He follows the direction of Vivian's gestures to the women across the room, committing the face of both the Harpy and the Reeve (their presence bringing to mind the image of sharp hooks and blood and dead meat) to memory. "Of course. It will be my priority to pay my respects to them at the next gathering."

"I was an aspiring actor before my Embrace, which is Hollywood for 'I was a waiter with ambition'. I obviously can't pursue that now, of course, but I enjoy theater. A perfect evening out would be a good show, followed by a party where people jockey for my attention and approval and otherwise flatter me. But the cherry on top would come the next night, when I learn that I was a topic of mystery and fascination at the after-party that I didn't attend." Ellis grins, in a charmingly self-deprecating fashion. "I'm still young and a little vain, but there's a certain necessary mystique in being part of a exclusive society like ours. Even if they don't know it exists."

"And you Madame Seneschal?" Ellis continues. "May I be so bold as to inquire what would make an evening perfectly suited to your tastes?"

V
    Vivian York

At least he had a clear understanding of how things should work, as anyone who was in the Invictus should.

Now it was time for the more interesting things. Vivian wished she could have an intriguing past like he did, but alas it was not so. "You and the Judex will also get along splendidly. As I mentioned, she owns the theatre and I think that may be a particularly wonderful spot for you to indulge in theatre." His perfect night brought a huge grin to his face. Just like a Daeva, but in a positive manner. "That would be wonderful, the topic of the mystery man. To hear later what fascinating tales aspired would also be the icing on the cake, wouldn't it?"

Rolling her shoulder, and lost in thought a moment. "A perfect evening for me, would be driving a highly revered classic car on an open road with the music of my choosing cranked up. Engine revving, coursing through my body and ending it with a good fuck and a cigar." Her eyes were a little wild at the thought, but she smirked and awaiting for the reaction from Ellis.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis laughed brightly, a genuine smile on his face. He had heard more shocking admissions, if she was expecting him to blush or feign bewilderment at the very notion that a Daeva enjoys sex, he would have to disappoint her. "You are a woman of action Madame Seneschal, and I can only approve, though you certainly don't need my approval for anything. That sounds like a most bewitching evening indeed. Do you have a particular vehicle in mind for your perfect evening, or is it more based on the nightly whim?"

Ellis simply took it for granted that she had a a gaggle of fit young things that she could call on at need to... light her cigar. As needed.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.