(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

With Cain by her side, the Savage stood and waited. Who would step up? Who invested their time and energy into what she requested? Or would this simply be her going with her gut on who would be best suited for the position?

Time to find out.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett splits off around the same time that Vivian York does, exchanging pleasantries and touching base with his cousin before sauntering up to the Prince. There's a beat of hesitation as his Beast screeches and tries to drag his feet, and he forces eye contact with a defiant twitch of a smirk.

"That was good shit," he laughs, nodding back towards the gathering with a small eyebrow cock for the huddled Ventrue. He recalled Mable Wood sweating about Clan Meetings. "I take it that you are a leader that will not tolerate drama. How has your evening been otherwise, Prince Antinori? I finally had five to actually speak with Frau Seneschal York. I sadly did not manage to rope her into a race, however."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

As the weaker Beast approaches, Ale’s begins to snarl and lash out at its cage. Sinking its fangs into the soft flesh of the other Savage was what it wanted. But we don’t all get what we want, and Ale pushes it back.

An eyebrow arches, “It’s bound to happen when so many of us are in the same room.” She says with a shrug. “As far as drama? I don’t enjoy it, but if it gets out of hand I’ll shut it down. Though sometimes one can learn a great deal from it. But I also know it’s how things go.” So you take it as long as you can, then end it when it got to be too much.

“My apologies for making you wait this evening. Seems everyone has something to say about something.” There was a small hint of a smirk as she spoke. “Eventful, but not unpleasant. So I can’t complain, and you?” was he going to make a bid for Keeper?

“No race huh? Perhaps another night she’ll be more willing.”
    Hard to tell with the Daeva. “Were you still interested in putting your name in for Keeper?” asks the Savage.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett snorts at the mafia queen of Sacramento's comment, "Ah yes, apologize," he grins at the Hell Hound that no doubt was waiting for any shift in the air that tasted like danger, radiating pure disgust for the gathering that had no heart beat to listen to. "I do not come off as that delicate, do I?" he laughs. The tone was purposefully to play into the banter—two monsters where one wanted to kill the other, playing at human friends.

"You know have the same attitude. I do not voice controversial opinions simply to get a rise out of Kindred. That would be suicidal," he cocks his head, "This has been educational. However, I am surprised by your question, which means I entirely misread our meeting." He watches her, trying to detect the sarcasm.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-21 22:34:47 Garrett Prosper rolls 4 to she playing with me? (Wits+Subterfuge) (10 Again) 6, 10, 2, 2, 7 1 success

"Prince Antinori, I am not going to waste your time pretending that I invested in city works or the police due to the direction that our conversation had took. I have simply been using my current assets," he wasn't about to advertise to the Court where his influence was, "for the protection of your Domain. If you do not find this a waste of your time, I can keep talking. I still want it, obviously. Hell, I have been playing at it watching this Court like a chess board." A small shrug. He would not have approached her if it was not looming that others either didn't have confidence or didn't have what she had asked.

Getting between Moretti and the Prince was one of the services he had promised for her discretion. She had seen him influence the room if she had been paying attention.

5. Likes Killian liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque was listening carefully as he approached the two in conversation. It seemed that Garrett might have approached the opportunity in a similar manner. Very clever.

He smiled and nodded to the both of them in turn, "Prince Antinori, Mister Prosper."

Not wanting to be rude, he waited for there to be a close in conversation before exchanging some pleasantries.

Looking first at Garrett, "I do have to say your suit is sharp. The choice of lapel really makes the whole outfit." Turning his eyes back to the Prince, "And at great risk of piling on to the symphony of compliments you've already received tonight, I find myself quite in agreement on your stunning attire. I don't imagine there are many others in this world with the strength of will to don such a dress, let alone own it as eloquently as you have."

Glancing back to Garrett before resting his gaze on Alessandra, "Like Mister Prosper, I didn't want to waste your time but I did want to follow up on our conversation. The overlapping influence we discussed is still the same, but to offer an update I recently filed the last documents and paperwork to ensure my new identity in the Kine world would be unimpeachable to even the most rigorous of investigations. It seemed prudent to solidify an insulation from the Kindred world first considering the nature of the areas of influence you desire in addition to the other I mentioned. All of that should be in public record within a few days."

"As challenging as it was to get an identity that established in such a short time, I'm now poised to pursue either plan we discussed. Whether that satisfies your requirements is, of course, up to you."
    , he offers a smile before quietly waiting for her thoughts.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, “Delicate? Of course not.” She had a feeling he was far from it. “But that’s not to say I don’t find it rude to keep someone waiting when they clearly wished to speak with you.” She might be Prince, but she still had manners.

“Surprised? There was nothing to misread. You made your offer at our meeting, and when I refused it, I wasn’t sure if you were still interested.”
    Simple. There was no sarcasm in what she said. She was not in a sarcastic mood.

So he didn’t invest in what she wanted. But he seemed confident enough to still want the position.

“It’s not a waste of my time. There is no guarantee that anyone was able to secure what I requested.”
    Though she would prefer someone did. “And current assets you say.” An interesting way of wording things. “Well, you have an, unique, way of working a room.” She replies, letting him elaborate more if he wanted. “Aside from your current assets, are you able and willing to secure what I had requested?” if no one else came forward, she wanted to know what he was willing to do.

Without the presence of a Beast, her own was almost unsure of what to do. It sniffed and paced, but found nothing.

“Mr Jacque, good evening.” Greeted the Savage.

“Grazie.”
    While it was daring, she didn’t think it required strength of will to wear. Just being careful how she walked.

Ah, so someone had been paying attention and got a new identity. Sounded like he pulled out all the stops to get it. A Kindred who wasn’t afraid to go after what he wanted.

“So your foot is still in the door, but you shifted your focus to the new identity.”
    She was just clarifying what she heard. “Are you confident in your ability to fully secure what I had requested?”

It wasn’t clear if either of them had impressed her with what they said.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Of course, Frau Prince Antonori. I would not imply you are anything less than polite," Garrett laughs. He gives a shallow nod from her direct logic about their meeting. It was easy to forget sometimes he was dealing with one of his cousins, and the tricky bullshit he was wired to sift through was unnecessary. He considers her blunt question, humming to himself as he fiddles with his phone and nods to her.

"Willing and able," he agrees, "As you recall, the situation hinged on the fact that I was unwilling to invest, to have someone with a more established network within the city just to walk up and claim over me. It it was a simple matter of numbers where time was stacked against me, and I was not about to gamble when developing other skills would benefit this Domain. I am a statistician, Prince," he flashes a razor grin as he hears the Ventrue conversation, and then subsequent footsteps crossing the Court. Even if he did not secure a title, he was amused by his bet that approaching the Prince would be like kicking the anthill of everyone else that was waiting on information for a counter-argument. "Did you ever have time to look into Nietzsche in your busy schedule? We could probably do something fun for once, next time."

At the greeting and compliment, he takes a step to properly engage and open up the conversation, "Evening again, Herr Jack!" he brightened at the Lord's presence, unsure of who to expect when no Beast was sensed. At the line about strength of will in accordance to the Prince's higher choice of hemline, he gives a humoured shake of the head. Braver man than he.

Prosper chuckles a bit as he looks over the man's shoulder to the Harpy and Garcia; Boyle being twenty yards from the quiet and polite drama. "You know, Herr Garcia is actually pleasant once you know how to actually talk to him without insulting him," he snickers. The high ranking Lance was ready to explode, and knowing the man's history, he would be checking over his shoulder in Jacque's shoes.

A
    Arturo Garcia

”We have managed to have some very illuminating conversations, haven’t we Mr. Prosper?”

His beast curved away from the powerful monster that was the Prince, and ignored the smaller beast that was Garrett. The Serpent in his chest was focused on the one he could sense nothing from.

Arturo approached the three, as if summoned by the Gangrel. The young looking Savage was absolutely fearsome, but that was a matter for another evening.

”Your Majesty,”

The Lord bowed his head in courtesy,

”I just require a moment, but feel this is something which may have a bearing on your decision.”

The Lance turned to the unaligned, and the smile he offered the Prince disappeared.

”Whip Jack, for the attempt to levy prestation in my name, amongst the many other insults, I challenge you to the rite of Monomacy.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He nodded, "Yes, it was necessary to do that before I stepped through the door any further. It would be impossible to establish another identity in the midst of some overzealous politician or gumshoe checking into my history and as Sheriff Moretti so wisely warned everyone- it would greatly risk bringing the wrong kind of attention our way."

Pressing his lips into a grin before answering her last question, "Oh, very much so." He'd been accused of many things in his lifetime but of having a lack of confidence was never one of them. "It is no simple feat to establish an identity to that level in public record with how little time I had to do it. I can assure you that the further pursuit of what you desire will be fulfilled with equal effort."

He nods with a smirk to Garrett, "Of no doubt. This evening has been a bit of an anomaly between us."

Then his eyes narrowed as Garcia's beast approached. Making a bid for keeper now? He wasn't sure anything he did could surprise him at this point. Until it did. He takes a moment to work through the shock of the challenge before collecting himself to a response, "That... is a significant waste of time for something so trivial it can be resolved in a conversation on another night, as I proposed. I proposed later, so that we could be open with each other when it was appropriate to do so instead of poking and prodding during Her Majesty's Court like fools. Gentile behavior is something the Elysium Laws demand of each of us, and as such I have declined and will continue to decline any further engagement with you until whatever..." he gestures a hand lengthwise to Arturo, "...this is you are doing has worked through your system." Did he come hungry to court?

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Willing and able. Which meant to her, he didn’t currently have what she asked for.

“You’ll have to let me know what skills these are. It’s no secret you’re skilled with politics, simply by the way you’ve been able to work the room.”
    But being Keeper would require more than that.

“I’ve picked up some of his work, and while I have the intentions to read it, my nights have been too busy as of late. But once I’m able to, I’ll let you know and look forward to a nice evening discussing it.”

His words about Arturo being nice once you got to know him were pretty much ignored. Her first impression was not the best of the Lance.

She feels the weaker presence of another beast and looks to see Arturo approach. And the urge to remove his head from his body was strong.

Was he going for Keeper as well? If so, that would all different kinds of amusing.

“Nothing you say has any sway in my decisions.”

But no.

He dared interrupt her conversation to challenge Jacque to Monomacy.

Her smile drops, dark eyes narrow and she moves to stand in front of the Lance. Cain shadowing her movement, sensing the shift in her mood. His body tense, ready for the word to tear the Lance’s throat out.

“You dare interrupt official Court business for this bullshit?” the anger in her voice evident, “First you insult me by wanting a Boon or title to assist the Domain in a security issue, then you spend the whole evening poking and causing problems within your whole family. Not to mention attempting to undermine your own Priscus by drawing attention to something that appears to have been settled at a family meeting. You are either power hungry, or very stupid, and now this?” the hatred burning in her eyes, “No, I will not grant Monomacy. Consider your Acknowledgement revoked and your new home the Barrens until such a time you can make amends to the Lords for the embarrassment and shame you have brought upon them.” There was a pause, “You can leave.” She watches him, “Now.”

Her attention was then turned back to Jacque and what he had to say.

Sounded like he understood the importance of a new identity and ran with it. Which was smart.

“Having established my own, I know the hoops and troubles one can come across.” Her time frame had been a small one. For a reason.

After Jacque addresses Arturo, Ales lips form a hard line, “Seems I should keep some rulers around the room for these dick measuring contests.” There was a bit of humor, but not much. She was still unimpressed and fuming.

“But, lets get back to what is important and worth our time.”
    Because the Lance clearly weren’t.

“Seems you both took the requests I made and put your own twists on them. While some might dismiss you both, I find it interesting. Each with your own idea on Domain security and what skills and Allies help with it.”

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread