Ended
Watch

No Interruptions at last

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    E
    Elettra Vitale

"Evening Sheriff. I will let Jacque and Mable explain the situation since they are more aware of the details." She steps back a bit, obviously still a bit shaken from the news.

S
    Steven

Jacque The only way to know for sure if Mable is not under investigation is to utilize contacts, allies or status. Either that or do something nefarious. It is reasonable to think that she is not under major concern as she was allowed to walk away like she was and not taken in for questioning.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable held up a finger as she ran for her office. Once there she threw up coffee and a donut. Once her stomach was empty she came back out. "Sorry, seems they feed traumatized people coffee and donuts."

"Sheriff, sorry we had to disturb you this evening. You look wonderful, by the way. Ok, business. Adam Exlibris is now sitting in the morgue. He was shot in the head." Mable paced a little, she wanted to be as accurate as possible.

"We were doing surveillance of the coroners building. I had gotten a great aerial view of the place. I tried to look in the windows to get a count of guards and camera views but they were mirrored. I had decided to go inside to look. I made myself visible to the cameras. My boss had asked me a few days ago to go introduce myself as an offer for night time mutual aid, so I tried using that ploy. It failed. I wanted to test the guard a bit so I asked to use the restroom. He said No. Then Exlibris popped into view and tried to convince the guard to let me in. I heard the other guard say that Adam was blurry. I tried to get him to leave.
    "

Mable pressed two fingers to her forehead. "I kicked him in the balls like I was taught to do when I was young. Stranger danger- kick them. He didn't go. He went all terrorist acting. The guard sent me to a safer corner of the fence. Then from no where, Adam's head exploded."

"I was questioned, made sure I was okay, then released."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Just to fill you in on what led up to this, the Chief Medical Examiner has exercised privilege over the autopsy report for the late Jeffrey Cummings. This privilege has effectively prevented the police from investigating this incident as a homicide as evident in the reports." His hands fluidly flit along with the sentences, but his face looks focused in trying to remain even with emotion, "The Coroner appeared to be elected on the up and up from what I can tell, so the only way we'll get to the bottom of this is by accessing the sealed files on the computer or network in the office. I sent Keeper Wood and Mister Exlibrist to recon the building to get a gauge on the security setup, staff movements and listen to interactions with the security staff as well as to observe how new corpses are delivered and removed from the facility to identify any weak points to which we could breach later."

Gesturing to Elettra, "While they were to watch and listen, I met with Miss Vitale and Mister Mitnick to secure a method of compromising the computer network to gain access to the files we need. Miss Vitale was instrumental in determining the setup of the medical networks so that Mister Mitnick could provide the best tools to reach the goal. I then asked Miss Vitale to join us because I was concerned that Mister Exlibrist might endanger others with a reckless improvisation at the smallest sign of something not going to plan. Regretfully, my concerns were validated, but I did not foresee a simple reconnaissance encountering any issues that would provoke that response from the Shadow."

Gesturing to Lina, "And then I notified you immediately, since the area might be a little hot right now and we now have the added issue of Mister Exlibrist's body."

Blood Hunt:

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti raised an eyebrow as Mable ran off, glancing to Jacque and Elettra with a shrug as she waited. Once the Gangrel was back and told her narrative, though, the Sheriff's eyebrows popped up. "Jesus Christ..." How? What...? Was the Lance man daft? Was Mable daft for trying to enter a place like that at night when a simple call or bribe could have done the job? She looked to Jacque, to Elettra, then back, like she maybe thought she was being punked. The story was so... weird.

But then Jacque spoke up, and it became readily apparent that she was not being punked at all. The dude reeked of credibility, and he was very seriously speaking to the matter. She had initially wondered where the lawyer had been in all this, but given that he had a bat and a cloaker assigned to him, his decision to have them run recon while he did other useful stuff made sense to her.

Her lips parted. She looked to the Keeper and sighed.

"Why try to enter..." She held up a hand. "No. You know what? This wasn't your fault." She might have tried the same trick herself. Hell, she probably had at one point on the job. "Okay. We have an emergency on the First due to Mr. Exlibrist's actions. He's in that morgue, and we need him released right fucking quick."

She didn't know of anybody who had the medical pull required to get that done, and sending in Elettra Vitale on her actual medical credentials didn't make sense. That could just blow her identity and make it all worse.

"We're going to need some serious pull in that morgue to do this cleanly... which means unless you guys know someone who has serious medical pull now..."

She paused, pacing back and forth a moment before an idea came to her.

"...you two ever heard of the Man in Black?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable felt like a failure for not keeping Adam safe. Lina made her feel a little better in her understanding that Adam was a loose canon.

"I still have a legit way to get in the building to scope out the interior security if you would like."

Man in black? "Like the movie?" Mable asked.

"I have a question...who shot Adam? I saw the wound. He was shot from behind. I didn't see anyone."

E
    Elettra Vitale

"Mable, this isn't your fault. Mr. Exlibrist had the habit of talking or taking action first and think later. This is on him."

"I'm sorry, I am afraid I have no pull in the morgue." Shaking her head, "No, I haven't heard of the Man in Black."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking his head while reinforcing what has already been said, "We can't always anticipate or control how some people will act Mable, but we can protect the First."

Shrugging his shoulders he responded in a deadpan tone, "What kind of uncultured heathens haven't heard of Johnny Cash?" He imagined it wasn't quite what she was referring to, but it was a rare opportunity for him to be the one to bring humor into a conversation.

Blood Hunt:

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina chuckled at Jacque's quip in spite of herself, but then her face took on a serious look. "We don't talk about where the bar called the Man in Black is. If you can't get its location, then you aren't connected enough. But for those who are connected... it's the kind of place where serious influence brokers go to trade favors and make friends. If we're going to find the kind of connections we need, then we're going to need people at the Man in Black."

She pointed gently at Mable.

"Keeper Wood, if you're as connected as the Prince believes you are with the cops, then you're going to be able to solve this issue. Ask your guys where the Man in Black is. Go there. You get one guest, so bring Jack with you as your representative while you be cool and connected. You two find someone with the influence we need in the medical examiner's office... and trade them a favor to be named later from your cop friends in exchange for help getting the body. Make sense?"

She flashed the pair a smile. This would be a fine test of Jack's fieldwork.

"Call me if you need help. I have access and can be there if needed, but I am going to work the damage control angle and see if we've already got exposure. I also need to talk to the Prince and let her know what's happening."

- FYI

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Let me make a call." Mable walked away for a moment to call her friend in dispatch. This was the friend who usually gave her advice on which bars were good that night.

"Hi Katie. Got a quick question... Have you ever heard of a bar called Man in Black? I heard the name last night but couldn't find it on the interwebs. Not even a facebook page. Now I'm super curious."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-18 08:42:26 mable wood rolls 10 to Man+Per+Allies=7+will (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 1, 5, 5, 3, 3, 5, 8, 1, 2 1 success

Can she try a different contact if this one didn't know anything?

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread