Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable shows up. Alone. Shaking her head, "That was rough." She sits down on the ground as the whole ordeal washes over her.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque arches an eyebrow as she chooses to sit on the ground instead of any of the available chairs. "What... happened?", he asked still confounded by how anything could have gone wrong with the goal he gave. Noticing the absence of Adam he adds, "And where is Mister Exlibrist?"

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra wanted to speak up, worried for Mr. Exlibrist. But, Jacque already asked the questions needing answered. So she just sits back and waits for the answers.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable closed her eyes running the scene through..."I flew around surveillance of the exterior. Checked out parking lots, setup of cameras outside etc. There is a gate system... Most of outside windows are mirrored and you can't see in. I then switched to my regular self and decided to try and get inside to do some recon. My boss had asked me to stop by at some point to volunteer for their emergency services since I am the only night person they have. So I thought I could get in using that. But I need to make an appointment with the head coroner. Adam was going to ghost in behind me. That didn't work. He came out of the shadows. Things went bad fast. He didn't fix it so he wouldn't be blurry on camera. Freaked the guards out. I pretended I didn't know him and was afraid. He then started trying to get shot in the head... I believe so I could get him into the building... He started pretending he was a terrorist. Then his head exploded.

Torpored him...I'm pretty sure. I got out of there after giving my statement. I am quite sure I will be questioned later. I am known to them and to the police. but that is fine. My story for getting i was the truth, just not the whole truth."
    Mable just sat there with her eyes still closed. what a mess.

"I was going to walk away and call my boss to arrange something for me. It could have been fine."
    Last edited by Steven; May 14th, 2019 at 10:24 PM.  Reason for Edit: Steven Added "after giving my statement"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He frowned and shook his head, looking to Elettra, "This is exactly the kind of reckless improvisation I was worried about, but I didn't believe there would be an opportunity for him to do so when the objectives were look and listen."

Looking to Mable and trying to remain as neutral and empathetic as possible, "It really wasn't necessary to infiltrate the building yet, we simply needed to know the general lay of the land and how the security at the entrances and exits operated. Were you able to gather any of that information?"

He pulls out his phone again and pauses before muttering, "We're going to need to loop in the Sheriff on this. This is itching too close to a breach for comfort."

Blood Hunt:

S
    Steven

I am going to hand-wave a little something, because I hand-waved Mable out of the other scene. Mable did meet with the police before coming here and gave her statement. She does know that Adam was *pronounced dead* at the scene.

E
    Elettra Vitale

As Mable described what happened with the mission and Adam being torpored, Elettra's face flashed different emotions. Disappointment, frustration, anger, and even sadness. Even if she didn't really care for him that much sometimes, because frankly he could be a dumbass, he was still part of her family. And a loss of a family member, especially when they are already so small in numbers here is a big loss for Elettra.

Almost robotic like from shock of the news, "I was afraid of that as well Jacque."

Elettra takes a few moments to compose of herself.

Then suddenly, almost as if sudden realization dawns on her. Her friend wasn't acting like herself, "Mable, are you ok?"

Turning her attention back to Jack, "Getting ahold of the Sheriff as soon as possible would be best in my opinion."

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I got information. I can get more. My boss can make sure I get into the building and figure out the cameras." Mable answered Jack.

Mable looked at the ground. "I tried to get him to back off. I had a plan to get in on another day. He just... he just kept pushing and didn't take precautions. I tried my best to get him to back off and leave. I had to protect myself and my identity. I had to protect the masquerade. He proved that I can't protect everything and everyone." This last part was a whisper. She looked up at Elettra. "I am so sorry, I tried. I failed."

"I need to let the Prince know. Should I text her now or wait for the Sheriff?"
    Mable tried to pull herself together she had a job to do.

"I can draw a rough sketch of the layout."
    Her voice was flat.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He looked between Elettra and Mable. He was sure she was experiencing some issues considering the protector she felt she was and what just happened, but Jacque had no words of empathy to offer the situation, only a calculating gaze to see if there were any signs that Mable may be omitting part of the story.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-15 16:56:49 Jacque rolls 6 to detect lies/deception (WIT+SUB) (10 Again) 5, 5, 2, 5, 1, 10, 4 1 success

"No, it won't be something that can be explained over text anyway. We'll follow the hierarchy and notify the Sheriff who will inform the Prince as necessary." he started thumbing through his contacts before looking back to Mable, "I'm assuming since you're here that the police cleared you from any relationship with Mister Exlibrist?"

After receiving the response he wandered off to allow them space while he made the call.

I didn't know how much liberty should be taken with the statement, or if Mable would have any cause to feel like she was under investigation or potentially surveillance Steven

Blood Hunt:

L
    Lina Moretti

Ask, and you shall receive. Jacque's communication reached the Sheriff, and Moretti came, wearing a black pantsuit that suggested that she had been out and about. She was clipping her knife onto her belt as she close, a sign that she had not been exactly expecting a sudden message that required an urgent response.

"Herald," Moretti said simply, then she looked back and forth at Elettra and Mable. "Prisci."

Eyebrows raised.

"What's going on?"

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread