Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He shakes his head, "No, please do not misunderstand. I'm not asking you to share any of the Dragon's secrets. My main reluctance had been not being able to break that barrier between the tangible and the mystery. It felt more of a leap of faith than I found myself comfortable with. I was more or less curious what helped you overcome that feeling as a fellow scientist."

"I can't say you made the wrong choice." He looks off to the side, "I was careful but it was still excruciatingly difficult."

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

A little embarrassed, "No, I didn't think you were trying to get secrets per se. I just didn't know what all can be spoken about openly." Thinking for a moment, "I don't know, it might just be stupidity on my part. However, the other covenants I had previously talked to seemed either sugar coat things or just bullshit me. Whereas, when I met with the Grand Wyrm she was very straight forward with me about some of the things and what to expect. That coupled with my scientific curiosity, I was able to take that leap."

With a sympathetic look, "I couldn't even imagine."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque smiled at the explanation, "That does not seem stupid at all, Priscus Vitale. You have to listen to your intuitions, especially about something as important as joining a covenant. Just because we had different experiences does not mean one of us has to be wrong."

He chuckles, "Plus, you have the advantage of true sight, do you not?" He taps the corner of his eye, "That is something I truly envy of your blood. As a lawyer I have to pay attention to many things to see deceit but you, you can cut right through all of that rather quickly. If you're ever willing to teach the basics of it I would be a most eager student."

"Perish the thought," he mutters as he glances at his phone for the time. "What do you do for fun in Sacramento? Or are you not afforded such a luxury as personal time?"

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra smiles with appreciation, "Well, thank you that is a good point."

Nodding, "Yes, I do. It's not always cut and dry but, it certainly does help! Teaching someone my clan's disciplines is not something I take lightly. Being that we just met, I haven't developed that level of trust yet. However, that doesn't mean in the future I wouldn't be willing to teach you. Just not yet. If I do, it will cost you a boon."

Noticing Jacque check the time, "Is there somewhere else you need to be?" Shrugging, "I am a boring soul, I am afraid. I like to read, listen to music, or just go to a local dive bar and people watch. How about yourself?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I would expect no less, of course. I merely wanted to share my curiosity of the subject. A boon is quite agreeable." Jacque chuckles, "I've never been much of a fighter, so having an assortment of tools of the mind can lend itself well to survival."

He shakes his head, "No, I just expected to have an update by now from Priscus Mable and Mister Exlibrist. I apologize if it came off as disinterest in the conversation. I assure you I'm anything but." He was still worried. A reconnaissance shouldn't be that difficult after all. He laughs, "I'm either in a library or doing trivia at a pub. I suppose I too am a boring soul."

Adjusting in his seat, "So regarding this mission, there were a few options on the table. The lobby is undergoing construction which may provide an entry point or at least an in for someone not of the usual coming and goings. Otherwise, we had considered Priscus Mable delivering the corpse of Mister Exlibrist as a John Doe to infiltrate. With her ability to morph into a small bat it wouldn't be challenging for her to ride along somewhere if needed, but that leaves the only issue being an exit." Flitting his hand outward, "Currently, I asked them to look around the perimeter as well as from the sky to get a lay of the land. I also requested that they pay attention to how people converse with each other with the comings and goings as well as how the bodies arrive and depart. The more comfortable and usual we feel, the easier we can convince any security that we're just another face in the crowd."

He smiles at Elettra, "Do you have any ideas? A disguise might also lend itself well for someone like myself who can't simply vanish from sight."

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

Smiling, "Well, that's good to hear." Giggling, "I hadn't ever been much of a fighter, but I worked with Dirt Nap and Atticus on a case and we got into it with the suspects. I held my own quite well, even helped save Dirt Nap. Ever since then I have wanted to work on fighting more."

Understanding, "Oh yes, I sure hope everything is alright with those two! I didn't take it as disinterest at all, I just know we all get busy at times and didn't want to be keeping you from something more pressing." Smiling, "I enjoy trivia every once in a while, it's a shame I am not that good at it."

Leaning in as Elettra listens to Jacque, "Let me think on an exit plan. As far as the task you sent them on, it sounds like something that wouldn't take that long to do. Hopefully they didn't get any unwanted attention. Have you tried sending them a message yet?"

Returning his smile with a mischievous one of her own, "I think a nice french maids outfit would do the trick!" Chuckling at the image in her mind, "Sorry, that is a tough one. It being an M.E.'s office I am sure the security is much more secure than that of a hospitals. Maybe a janitors outfit would work well. People tend to not pay much attention to janitors. So, it could make it easy to blend in to the background."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He nods, "Experience tends to be the best motivator when it comes to identifying the areas we need to improve in ourselves."

He chuckles at the obvious joke, "I'm certain that would draw a significant amount of unwanted attention." Facetiously waving a hand in the air to shoo away the imagery in his head, "Janitor could be an idea. I was hoping that the recon might also give us a few options for other individuals or staff who come and go throughout the evening. Familiarity could make this significantly easier."

"Well, let's see how they're doing."
    Jacque dials a number and holds the phone up to his ear.

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

Nodding, "It sure does!"

Giggling still at her joke and at Jacque's reaction, "Indeed it would!" Nodding once more, "I sure hope it's going alright with them. It seems like it's taking much longer than necessary." She worries about her friend and Shadow. They seem to sometimes get themselves into sticky situations.

"Good idea." Elettra waits quietly hoping he hears some good news.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The phone held up to his head, the person he was calling obviously had picked up, "Just checking in. How's it going?" After a few moments his expression twisted, turning rather serious with his brows furrowed, "Same place as earlier. See you soon."

He hangs up the phone and looks to Elettra, "Something is wrong, but they're on the way back now." He sits, quietly brooding as he tries to work out and anticipate what could have gone wrong with a simple reconnaissance.

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

Nodding, "Well, that's quite concerning. What could possibly go wrong when you're just supposed to take a look around and see what obstacles we could have during the actual mission?" Although, it's not that surprising, if there's trouble to find Adam tends to find it these days.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread