THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett Prosper tapped in one last note before setting aside the tablet. He sat cross-legged on the patio furniture overlooking the softly lit pool in the back of the Chapter House, soaking in the new heat. The cognac was a quarter gone, whether from recent indulgence or he had some left over from the last meeting; the Savage was a walking distillery.

Elettra Vitale
    wanted to meet with him, and now that she had sworn her oath and had some time to move in and acclimate to the constant presence of the other predators, he had made a point to set aside a time block in his schedule. He was dressed casually in a v-neck shirt and jeans, though likely the brand was over-priced. A quick text was fired off to remind her, and he distractedly begins picking away at his paperwork.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra is wearing a pair of dark wash jeans, a plain black tank top, and a pair of simple sandals. She is a bit more relaxed here at the Chapter house now that she's made herself at home. Although, she's not sure she'll ever get over how glamorous the house is. It is nothing like anything she's ever lived in before. Receiving Garrets text just as she was heading downstairs, she hopes she hasn't kept him waiting.

She walks outside to the pool area where Garrett sits waiting. Elettra smiles politely and gives a nod as she approaches and takes a seat in a chair near him. "Hello Herr Prosper, how are things tonight?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Savage's eyes automatically narrow at the presence of a challenging Beast. Taking advantage of the current discrepancy in rank was tempting, and he gives himself a small shake to focus on matters evolved beyond instinct.

"Garrett is fine. The standard of culture here was set to be casual, which suits us Savages," he chuckles, offering her a drink. "Supplicant of Terror is a formal address during ceremony. I am not really invested in calling you Slave for the duration of this mentor-ship outside of that circumstance. If you ever do find yourself in another Chapter House, their standards might be different? But you kind of hit the jackpot."

Once she's settled, he clears his paperwork to the side in a neat stack. "You asked for me in this instance. Did you have anything specific in mind before I start rambling?"

E
    Elettra Vitale

Nodding, "Well then Garrett it is. I've never been huge on formalities but do it when it is necessary, obviously." Elettra accepts the drink that is offered to her. "I will remember that. Unlike some people, the term Slave does not offend me, as I know it is only a temporary title. I accept it as part of my experience." Smiling, "That is good to know."

"No, I didn't have anything specific in mind. Just anxious to start my studies, thank you for meeting with me so soon."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett chuckles at the note of her reluctance for pomp, "Well, you will fit right in here. The fact that you know how to put on a mask has already seen you become Priscus out of just the assertion of confidence. That shit with Elle was super entertaining. How have you been, anyway? I have spoken with you for probably the grand total of a couple of hours." Once she either buys into the conversation or dismisses, he makes sure to still address her request, leaving the drink, for once,

"We have spoken on the guiding tenants already. I am not sure how much the Grand Wyrm has told you about the history? I am also not sure if you wish to know more about the paths in our politics, having two of our number taking an Oath of the Sworn sooner than later," his attention drifts to the yard,

"And then there is the obvious reason you joined in the first place: the Coils of the Dragon."

E
    Elettra Vitale

Chucking with Garrett, "That is good to hear. Thank you? I am glad someone got some entertainment from Elle's and my exchange. She definitely is quite the...character." Shrugging and a sigh, "I, myself am well. Although a little frustrated with my family and their ability to get into trouble in this domain. But, I am sure I will be able to get them rained in sooner or later. And how are you?"

"The Grand Wyrm didn't touch much on this history or the politics. I am eager to learn all I can about both. I would like to be able to put in an educated two sense in at our next meeting if something of importance were to come up."

Smiling, "And yes, the Coils. That is what I am looking forward to most of all. However, am ready and understanding that it may take longer than I'd hope for. But, I am okay with that. I'd rather wait until I am ready and not rush into it just because I am eager for the results."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Oh, trust me, I know the feeling," he smirks. It was rare for him to lose his cool this consistently in public. Did that make three outbursts now? He cocks his head at her question, "Myself? Interesting..." he eyes some of the stacked paperwork, "I am starting to note some inconsistencies in what I thought I was able to do previously. On the other hand, I have also experienced life again in a way I did not anticipate? I know it would not mean much to you, but give it about fifty years."

He was a little surprised at her eagerness for a history lesson; most just wanted the damn science magic. "Let's see...the Ordo Dracul has been functioning as an organized covenant for just over two hundred years. There is a lot of differing opinions depending on the Rite and Chapter, but the sum and total is that we hold Vlad Dracul as our..." he mutters something in his native tongue, trying to think of a word, "guru? I suppose? While some take a practical approach as a simple founder, you will find other Dragons attach a spiritual reverence to his presence. Honestly, some Neonates make it a goal to harvest historical proof of his mechanisms as if he were Jesus of Nazareth: there is an extreme amount of esteem rewarded to such findings." He shrugs, clearly not his own preference. Elettra, however, was Mekhet.

"The cool shit starts with the claim that Dracula rose without a Sire, claiming the curse direct from God. He took esoteric knowledge from both the Lancea et Sanctum and the Circle of the Crone, looking to enact miracles upon the self rather than the world." Prosper pauses, getting his own drink. It was up to Elettra whether she took things literally or more of a representation that the Ordo Dracul focused on conquering one's own spirit over worldly gains.

"There is...a lot of heated debate on the science," a subtle warning to speaking theory to the wrong scholar, "but we all get on board with the fact that Dracula Embraced three childer: the Brides, so to speak. These were the Kindred that founded the Sworn, which are the focused governing arms of our order. There's a large gap in history between this founding and legitimate organization. So, we recognize that as our own dark age."

He takes another drink, serious as he looks at something distant. "The reason I explain this is for you to recognize that the Coils exist on countless failed experiments. No one waved a wand and figured it out. A lot of these Kindred died so that we can benefit from the fruits of their research, and it is our sacred duty to make sure such progress continues. Lisette held our shit together." He hooks his leg under him, shifting as he focuses back on her.

"This is also why you do not jump to perform the first stupid experimental idea that pops in your head. It is not somehow more reliable than our ancient practices. Keep an eye on hubris, but also welcome change, ja? We get lucky, sometimes, but if it cannot be recreated then it does not serve the Great Work as a whole."

E
    Elettra Vitale

Chuckling at Garrett a little. It was quite nice seeing this side of him. "Inconsistencies? How so, if you don't mind me asking?" Nodding, "It is reassuring though that after all these years that life is still keeping you on your toes. I often worry about the longevity of our lives would become quite boring in time."

Leaning in a bit as he talks about the Ordo's history as if to help take it all in more, "That is quite interesting. I can see how people could go either way with how they view Vlad Dracul. I, myself, am not a religious type person. I find organized religion to be quite horse shit. But, I do not judge others for their beliefs as long as it doesn't affect me. What is your approach on how you view him?"

"Is there any ideas as to why God would put such a curse on Dracula? I do like the idea of using the miracles to improve ones self. Not in a totally selfish way but, if we improve ourselves then we will be that much more effective in being a better influence on the world around us."

"Debates can be a good thing if done right. But, often peoples egos and stubbornness get in the way of it actually being productive. It's good to challenge ones beliefs that way because it'll either help strengthen them or help to show flaws it in." Shrugging, "However, I don't go seeking debates."

Noticing the change in Garrett's body language, Elettra knows something important was coming, "I appreciate you making me more aware of the sacrifices that were made in order for us to hopefully succeed. To this day there are Dragons that try to come up with ways to improve upon the experiments or try to come up with new ones? It is an ever changing process?" Pausing for a moment, "I apologize if I am asking too many questions."

"That is understandable and makes complete sense. Is there a proper way to go about it if I were to one day come up with an idea for experiment?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Inconsistencies like...my firing not being as accurate, or knowing how to do things I do not remember learning," he blinks slowly, "Remembering names and not faces, or vice versa. Small differences, nothing to be alarmed about," he lied with a shrug of the shoulder, rolling off the statement. "Boredom comes with stagnation. You joined a Covenant where that can be seen as a sin, so, that helps. I enjoy forcing spontaneity and taking risk when I feel the comfort of pattern creeping in," he chuckled, aware he was dressing up the action of doing stupid shit for the sake of seeing how that would change things for him. "Kindred often become terrified at the idea of death? The fact that you are more concerned about eternity will allow you to take the greater risks for the reward. Like...feeling the run rise again," he smirks.

Elettra's question on his position of their founder took a little longer to answer. "So...to be honest, I would not consider myself a true academic," he taps a knuckle to his temple, "I study the same as the rest of us, and I would not consider myself unintelligent, but I take in information in relation to how relevant its application can be for my Requiem. Was Darcula without Clan? Probably. From what I know he accomplished things far beyond the capacity of one who inherited the Curse. Tracing back the birth of Kindred existence will get you a hundred different answers, so I err on the side of the data we have, and that is the fact that God is tied to most of it. I do not think Kindred can be entirely explained with science. I can literally project whatever makes up my conscious self into the living vessel of an animal. My Vitae does not take part in this transaction, and somehow I experience...life? In a way? Still getting used to it." And bloody addicting.

"I am rambling. I think Vlad Dracul deserves a level of reverence for what the legacy has provided me. We hold onto figures of legend and retell stories to make sense of our existence whether alive or dead, and that holds purpose in itself." He smiles at her comment about religion, "Different eras. Access to information has changed the face in how humanity connects with their soul and the feeling of community and purpose. I just find myself with more questions. I like to think I have control over myself, at least."

Asking about why God would curse Dracula earned a loud laugh. "He was kind of an asshole? Brutal in politics. I recommend a history book for that," he says, waving off the bouts of chuckling. "I do not know, Elettra. There is that whole thing about everything being set to a grand plan and ineffability of fate. I am not a priest. Why do you think the creator of the universe would curse a single man to be immortal when there was already vampires running around to do it for Them? Maybe the Ordo is part of a cosmic joke as we rail against God's plan. I am a little too insignificant to really care."

He waves off her statement on debates, "Oh? If you think they are wrong and you have the knowledge to back them, torch their ass. You are right that we do not progress if everyone just agrees with what is comfortable. Struggle births compromise by forcing new ideas. Just, you know, some Kindred are more dangerous than others and require the proper method of approach."

At her question, he nods, "We fancy ourselves scientists instead of a monastic order," he shrugs with low commitment, "And science requires an applied method to explore new avenues. The fact that this organization employs such a rigid ranking system is more for mentorship, since we can all get ourselves killed pointlessly without proper experience reflecting on our choices. New blood is important, however, or we would never be inspired to look at different angles. I obtained my first Change with...methods I would not have anyone repeat. Bit of a vanity project on my Sire's part," he frowns slightly as he looks beyond her, "Lina is pretty good about encouraging our own journeys and checking in. Some Chapter Houses might squirrel away discoveries jealously for prestige. You might have a Dragon kill you to claim your research is theirs. I would not worry about coming up with your own experiment until your first Change."

He sighs, draining another glass.

"You...cannot really put it into perspective until it happens."

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra listens to Garrett speak, "Ah, I get what you're saying. Is it a possibility these things are more related to your changes than to how long you've lived?" Nodding, "That is one of the reasons why I joined the covenant. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't become too stagnant in life. I was never afraid of dying, even as human. I knew life was short and death is inevitable. I was okay with a short life span. Now that that's changed for me, I find it a bit scary. Not that I want to die any time soon or anything like that. I just want to make the most of the added time I have now."

She is very interested in his stance on their founder, "That is quite interesting. Especially the whole projecting yourself into an living animal. It still fascinates me the things that us Kindred are capable of doing."

Nodding, "I agree with you there, I tend to end up with more questions than I find the answers for and would like to think I have control over myself. Control my own destiny so to speak."

Hmmm…sounds like Prosper has a few things in common with Dracula. Both kind of an asshole and both brutal in politics. Elettra smiles at that thought but doesn’t share it.

"I have no clue why God would curse him. I guess it would depend on how Dracula feels about the whole situation. If God, being all knowing, knew how Dracula would feel about being cursed would affect the reasoning behind it. If He knew Dracula would hate being turned, then it was a punishment of some sort. If He knew that Dracula would enjoy it, then it was a reward for something." She shrugs.

Smirking, "Oh yeah, I have definitely come not realize you sometimes have to tread carefully around some Kindred verses others."

Elettra appreciates his advice on waiting to come up with her own experiments, "I will hold off on worrying about that for now. I wouldn’t want to blindly go into my own experiment before I had any experience with the ones that have been around for a long time."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread