Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

A firm nod from the Summer King,

”I appreciate that, some people find respect to be an alien concept.”

He did indeed find Fawkes to be a good person, willing to pull his weight and offer such gestures. It was his willingness to pay rent that made Rich care so much less if he did. It spoke a lot to the character of a person, and it twisted the Summer King’s wrist something fierce.

”You could say that, and for the record I will take pot over tobacco. I have a stash in the house if you ever run out. I don’t bust it out often but I’ll take that over a pack of New Ports which just leave a bad taste in my mouth.”

The ogre reached out and revealed his master plan, pulling a six pack out of the pool and popping a couple of cans outs of the plastic rings. He offered one to the elemental before tossing the remaining four cans back into the pool and popping the tab on his own drink.

”Now, cheers to getting the first drug talk out of the way, and promising we won’t hit any of the hard drugs, hah.”

He offered his can up to smack against the elementals. He was an Ogre who loved his beer to say the least.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

"Why's that?" Fawkes asks, watching the plane trail through the clouds, "Nicotine is a stimulant. Weed messes with your head a bit, depending on the strain. The good high makes you useless. Moral issue? The Cannabis industry will try and market to youth just as aggressively as Tobacco pushed vapes to re-brand themselves."

He takes the can automatically but doesn't pop it. He flicks the edge of the cold aluminum in a repetitive motion as he thinks.

"As far as I understand it, we can get sick from toxicity. I have seen Lost overdose. We get drunk, we get stoned. But," he taps a tooth, "We don't suffer any physical degeneration. Maybe it ties into our aging? By logic my fingers and teeth should be stained, and my gum-line have nasty swelling. Lost don't answer to logic. I know rough alcoholics that still look like they just stumbled out of prom night."

A
    Arturo Garcia

Wrong Account

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”Tobacco was always gross, and growing up where I was grass was just as readily available and cost about the same. Kept the community chill, and took the edge off. Anything harder than that just crushed us. And you probably aren’t wrong, but call me nostalgic.”

Rich leaned back with his drink, pulling it up to enjoy it on the warm day.

”Back to the Summer clause. It isn’t going to be soft. From what I have gleaned there may be some who are afraid of a Freehold Oath because of bad experiences in past homes. I predict this will result in a weaker Oath, something easier to digest for the unwilling.”

The Monarchs all seemed nice, Rhodes seemed to be the only one with a significant edge to him - which was far from a bad thing.

”If we can get a Oath it is a step in the right direction. We will close the loopholes a little tighter. I am not about to let some dumb and angry fools get played and make us pay the price. Your thoughts?

He gave the elemental time to give his input, he valued Fawkes input even if he was offsetting at times.

”To go alongside it, I am going to have officer pledges. Stringent ones to match their rank. When we have everything sorted I will be offering you one. You have a lot to offer a Freehold.”

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

Fawkes continues to tap the can, eventually developing it into some obscure beat, "You know, from what I have seen, I think it's just blatant inexperience. I've had no issues getting others to agree with a Pledge. I think it's just the annoying process of getting everyone on the same page," he sniffs, steadying his hand.

"Louder voices make it faster. But it sure pisses off the Fairest and Cole to feel spoken over," that earned a bark of a laugh, sounding more like cough.

"Thoughts on the Summer Oath? We're so small here. Which is weird. Lay out a basic standard of expectation that all those of the Spear knew they were getting into. As you said, the Lost can always put their own spins on their Pledge, as is our right." That wasn't necessarily true, but clearly the Elemental was taking full advantage of the lack of built-in structures. He had a feeling with his average commitment and inherent expectation that came from his Seeming what Richard wanted,

"You want me to be the Constable?" His tone is too flat to initially determine whether he was excited about the idea or simply resigned.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”Pledges are one thing, a real Freehold oath makes them itchy. Loud may work too, but you aren’t wrong about it spooking people. It will only get me so far in trying to establish something. Our Oath will be strong, like I said - making up for any holes in the Freehold.”

He listened to what the elemental spoke about it. He was smart, and he didn’t know if people gave him the credit for it. He gave a small laugh at the notion of constable being his title.

”I was thinking something more like Suntongue, or similar. You have proven effective at maneuvering the different personalities in the city and forging alliances, and changing tones when it mattered. No one else we have in the ranks I think can pull it off like you. I can see you being able to help me pump the breaks when necessary.”

He stopped and took a longer drink from the cool can, finishing it off and setting it beside his seat.

”I want you to serve the Court with a level head, keep things clear for us. Circe has her own talents too - I am planning to reach out to her about the venue I mentioned when we were with Seraphina, set up some sort of Armory for us to prep ourselves for the Hedge or otherwise.”

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

The suggestion causes the Elemental to cease his fidgeting. He turns his head slowly to give a level look at the volcanic philanthropist,

"Sir, I am a sandstorm melted into walking edges. Abrasive is one term I would use. You want me to be the Court's diplomat?" he takes a moment to puff away at his cigarette, blinking to himself as he thinks.

"The Armory is a great idea. Circe's been taking the idea and running with it. Sometimes a nudge. Clearly have her passions engaged." He flicks a spark of ash,

"Um. You've used that term a few times. Is there a concern you have with my behaviour that makes you think I have something wrong with my head?" Richard had invited him to live in his guest house for a reason. Might as well play dumb.

Beep Boop.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

(Kith Blessing)Glamour 1 Spent

”Sometimes I repeat myself I guess. I try to keep things low key and a little fun. I would rather share my success. But you can only do so much when you get flashbacks to be nothing but a glorified gatekeeper who tossed a few riddles to keep yourself amused.”

Rich leaned back in his seat and looked at Fawkes.

”Now lets be real. Sacramento is small, and as such there is a limited pool of talent as a resource. There are only so many people who are good at so many things. I find myself lucky, and I have you. I see a world of potential, and a big upside for the Court and a Freehold.”

Shifting in his chair the Summer King leaned forward.

”I will not tolerate this flip flopping if I am to make you an officer of our Court. You snapped at me in front of the Spring Aristocrat about the lack of a Freehold oath, and then you act like you did at the Spring Coronation. No harm, no foul this time. I don’t want to risk another time.”

The tone had shifted, and the Summer King was no fool.

”I have been around the block, the question I have is whether you are wanting to be forthcoming. The thousand yard stare was the first give away - I remember it from the first Gulf War and everything after. So, I want to know if there is anything you believe would hinder your performance as diplomat of the Summer Court.”

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-26 02:23:56 Richard Price rolls 12 to Have Fawkes open up about potential problems (Man + Per + Mantle - Rigid Mask) (10 Again) 2, 1, 1, 4, 1, 3, 7, 9, 1, 10, 6, 8, 7 3 successes

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-26 02:36:21 Fawkes rolls 4 to wall off (Resolve + Composure) (10 Again) 3, 2, 3, 5 failure

I don't snap. Fawkes nips the sass before it escapes his lips; he was speaking to a veteran of the Spear that's done nothing but help him without question.

The Ogre wasn't putting on the reigns, and it was normal for someone who cares to pry at this point. He had to remind himself, repeatedly, that his own were allowed to ask questions. Rich wasn't John playing at Big Brother. The General wanted to know if the mannequin would crack under pressure.

"With the glass? I didn't know what the Queen did with those Hobbes. She wasn't keeping control of her party. I stopped when she shook her head," he said, excuse tumbling out with his natural deflections. No he hadn't. He had held on.

Stop.

"I was asking a question. I hadn't heard until now something was being done. I was freaked out after-" he cut himself off.

Stop.

"I stare because my mind doesn't stop. It's just what we do. You've seen how much I get done." He runs a hand through his hair, not looking at the man as his gaze flicks around the yard.

Sto-

"I kill people for a living. That might put a damper on our image."

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-26 15:20:00 Richard Price rolls 3 to Determine Fawkes' truthfulness (Wits + Emp) (10 Again) 7, 3, 1 failure

He was opening up, that was a start and explaining the process. From everything Richard has managed to sniff out he knew that if things were as bad as they could be then this wasn’t a band-aid fix. The elemental wasn’t just going to offer himself up and promise to get better without being a flat faced liar about it.

The Summer Ogre nodded and followed along with what the elemental was saying. Then the bomb struck, an immediate sense of what the fuck hit the Monarch as he had the urge to stand up and let loose with some cussing, and give him the whatfore. It struck a chord with the Ogre.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-26 15:27:28 Richard Price rolls 6 to Keep a calm face (Com + Soc) (1s Subtract) 9, 6, 5, 10, 9, 2 3 successes

He managed to keep it together...For the moment.

”Jesus Christ Fawkes, why the hell are you doing that? Why didn’t you tell me?”

Why would he have told Rich? That made no sense, and deep down the Ogre knew it but wanted to try things were different after all these years he had faced situations like this. Rich’s mind was going a mile a minute...But he remained calm...Seated too…

”Is it the money, please tell me it was for something stupid like the money.”

He should be asking who but he didn’t want to know.

”And that shit is stopping right here and now. If its money, you are working for me now.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread