Ended
Watch

On the Rock

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Arturo Garcia

Arturo had chosen a small bar of all places to host this meeting of the Lance. The small Spanish bar was likely not up to code, but there was a nice room in the back with a heavy door that was good for quiet meetings. The table had a bottle of tequila, some lime wedges, and a bowl of salt.

The Lord was dressed casually, his sports coat on the back of the chair he was sat at, sleeves of his white collared shirt rolled up as he unwound from a day. He had already cracked the drink and had his first shot. He doubted Adam would join him in the festivities, but it was the business that really mattered.

A
    Arturo Garcia

A
    Adam Exlibrist

OOC: Could be awesome if this Spanish Bar is the same Latino Club located in the RL Barrens, Ortega's West Night Club

Adam entered the Latin Cantina. His Spanish was none existent but should things progress well here, would become one of the next languages Adam picked up.

Hoping he would be understood Adam inquired, "Senior Garcia, poor favor?" With a smile someone pointed Adam to the back room Arturo had mentioned. As Adam approaches the door Adam's beast stirs prompting him to adjust his tie, tightening the noose to a point that would choke a living man.

Entering the room, Adam secures the door behind him. "Brother Garcia, blessings upon you."

A
    Arturo Garcia

Arturo looked up quickly as the door was opened, and he saw Adam enter. The Lord immediately stood, and moved forward to offer his hand in a firm shake, should Adam accept it. He motioned to the table with the drink on it, and went to join his fellow Lance.

”Thank you for taking the time to meet with me, Mr. Exlibrist. With less eyes and ears upon us, I think it is time to have a serious talk about the future of our covenant within the Domain, don’t you think so? With all the recent events that have transpired I am ready to begin pushing our interests as we had discussed in the previous months court.”

“Before we get too far, however, I wanted to check in with you about what you feel the most important pursuits would be for the Church. Of course, you can have a drink if you like, it would be rude to not offer.”

Between asking for Adams thoughts he motioned to the drink he had set out, unsure if the Kindred would partake.

Sorry for tardiness, time ran away on me and I had to go catch it! And I am down for using the venue you suggested, may even make it a regular hang out for Arturo after reading about it!

A
    Arturo Garcia

Book keeping!!

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam secured the door. Seeing Arturo rise, he bowed. "Brother Garcia, praise be unto you." Rising, Adam takes Garcia's hand and clasps it firmly. "It is indeed overdue our speaking of Covenant matters. Let us sit."

Taking the offered seat. Adam declines the drink. "No thank you."

"Pressing upon our matters is the issue of a physical church. The House of Moore has been vacated per the Regent's request." Adam raises a finger. "But now, she is no longer Regent and that puts us in a position to petition the Prince to reoccupy it. Perhaps even for someone," pointing at Arturo, "to take the reigns of the regency. A power play could be seen by the Sultana as a way to keep the Sheriff and her dragons under watch."

"Alternative locations include the ruins of the All Hallows Church, the Nave of the Necropolis, or a location I have surveyed out in the Barrens."

"Once we have a church secured, we can move forward with hosting mass and begin the process of formally recruiting new members of the Covenant. I don't see much need for the appointment of a Bishop as it is just the two of us. But surely as we grow that would be a position we will need to address. A Bishop without a flock is not much of a Bishop. But should it please you, if one must be appointed at this time, I do feel it should be you." Adam did not seek the attention the Bishopric drew, it took away from his studies.

"These in my mind are the most pressing of our time. However, I welcome your thoughts, as perhaps you see something I do not." With an open hand, Adam gestures toward Arturo to respond.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Their situatons were very different, and reasons for coming to Sacramento could not be further apart, but here they were united nearly verbatim on what matters were most important and which roles should be fulfilled by who - particularly the title of Bishop.

”You have great sense of the situation. Having a presence is the biggest hindrance to the Lance at this moment. The only covenant we find ourselves ahead of at the moment is The Movement, and that is not saying much.

“The Moore House? Is it ready for re-occupation, or is there more to it? I am planning on setting up a meeting with those who may know more about the situation regarding the previous Lance presence in the city, but do not wish to retread your work.”

“As for title, I was going to bring up the matter of Bishop, and how it could benefit us. Allowing for a public point of contact, and stop any hen pecking between the two of us and any which may later join. I was going to suggest myself in the first place, while I lend more matters of the layfolk in your hands. It would be taxing to both have to deal with the matters of this Domain, and ensure the infrastructure was put smoothly into place. For once this isn’t simply a matter of pomp and circumstance but rather playing to our strengths.”

Adam was proving he had a ready grasp on the situation and a keen mind. Arturo would not shy from the title he had intended to take via heated discussion if necessary, but it seemed the two Lance’s had enough of the same goal to make things easy.

”If we do not believe we can recover anything from the properties held previously we should quickly shift to determine how big and how safe we want it to be - not to mention the amenities we may want to include.”

It was good to set a budget well before shopping had started.

He also left the point of regency off the table for the moment, the Prince seemed to be too much of a thug to entertain real politics at the risk of confusing herself.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"The Moore House is a great asset to be had. It is ready to be revived. The facility is turn key ready, including a secret nave and vault."

Adam shifted in his seat. "If you care for the honor, it is yours." Adam was in no hurry to be in charge.

"I have claimed the one relic of value from the House of Moore. the only item that the previous tenants deemed worth locking in the vault. The Holy Ledger of the Sacramento Lance. A listing of every member, every meeting, every ritual. There are pages missing, so the record is incomplete. I am currently studying it in an effort to uncover its secrets."

A
    Arturo Garcia

With title in hand it made the next series of moves considerably easier. He wanted to address the concerns Adam had had with the Lance in the domain as fast as he could - even if time was something different to the Kindred. Since Moore house seemed primed to be taken over that would serve the basis to expand. It was fortuitous considering the regency was now open, and but them less behind the 8-ball so to speak.

”If there is anything that I can due to aid in unlocking these notes let me know. I will also ensure we get the rights to hold mass as soon as possible. That being said, I feel as though you have voice that would serve us well. I figure speaking to our teachings would also help show the people of the domain where you come from, and perhaps clear the air.”

A mass for the Kindred of Sacramento would serve to show the Domain that the Lance was back and accepting new members, so long as they were not clearly snakes.

Arturo took the moment to prepare another shot of tequila for himself, letting the other Lance get his thoughts in on the matter.

”On the subject of mass, with the actual church in ruins, perhaps this new place you scouted could serve as a suitable venue for our services?”

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"I doubt the venue I am exploring will be suitable. It is deep within the Barrens among the ruins of a lost river. Mission Sacramento de Asis if it does exist along the old Siskiyou Trail, it would require a large investment before it would be ready to host the sort of masses we hope to have. All I have to go on is rumors and fragments of the writings of Lt. Gabriel Moraga on his expedition into the Sacramento Valley."

Adam was uncertain if the place existed but was confident that if it did, he had located its whereabouts. A lost and forgotten Spanish Mission, abandoned shortly after its founding, possibly from the very flooding that plagued early settlement of the area. Or, something other worldly all together.

"It would be prudent to look at a more existent venue brother."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.