Ended
Watch

A Promised Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Alastor

It had taken a little time, but as promised, Alastor called Galatea to the sparring area at the Adamantine Arrow wing of the Circle of Creation. Dressed in his armored vest, a fitted white t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants, the First Talon warmed up his body with pushups, situps, squats, and burpees, letting his heart rate get up and moving even as he limbered up for what he expected would be a challenging fight. His gear was set aside, waiting for her to arrive.
    Typhuzuzu13

G
    Galatea

Galatea was half-expecting to be chewed out, considering that the last time she was here the place ended up in....Er.... Less pristine condition. But she was also feeling giddy, ready to test out her new dances against their leader.

And so the Orphan walked in, wearing her slightly oversized and stretchable clothes and carrying a backpack with a biology textbook and a journal full of notes.

"Hey Alastor- thanks for setting up the time. I've gotten stronger since last we met, and I can't wait to see how it shows." The Thyrsus grinned and started to stretch herself "Do you mind if I utilize Life weaponry in this fight? It seemed appropriate to ask beforehand- true it's not as deadly as some of the mundane things, but then again I don't usually have to worry much about damage."

Galatea chuckled and scratched the back of her head, finishing up the stretches "I will of course heal you if I end up going too far. Not that I'm underestimating your abilities- just that I've done more than I meant to in the past. Hazard of my fighting style."

A
    Alastor

Alastor did not stop his warm-up. He didn't have the luxury of the Life Arcana to ready himself quickly, and pulled muscles still hurt in the morning. But he did flash her a smile as he came up from a sit-up. "Good to hear. Thanks for coming by." He huffed a couple times as he finished his set. "You can use whatever you want. I appreciate that you'll heal me - I definitely would prefer that over natural healing."

He certainly didn't intend to hold back, either. The Adamantine Arrow trained hard, live-fire style.

"Where did you come from before Sacramento, Galatea?"

Apparently, it wasn't all going to hurt.

G
    Galatea

Galatea finished her stretches, picking up her journal to find inspiration, looking over the notes of her dances as she answered the question

"Somewhere in the mid-west. I always liked marine life, but naturally there aren't many marine biology degree programs in a landlocked zone- left the first chance I got. Never would've guessed I was a mage."

She pulled out her mirror and spoke the lines
    "Proteus, grant me the strength of the Ocean's Web!"
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-23 23:28:36 Galatea rolls 1 to Paradox roll; Rote(-1), Arcana ***(-1), path tool (-1), no accumulated (10 Again, Chance) 9 failure
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-23 23:28:13 Galatea rolls 10 to Transform Self (Athletics+Stamina+Life) (10 Again) 6, 3, 3, 6, 10, 7, 9, 5, 3, 6, 5 2 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-23 23:28:13 Galatea rolls 10 to Transform Self (Athletics+Stamina+Life) (10 Again) 6, 3, 3, 6, 10, 7, 9, 5, 3, 6, 5 2 successes

Her skin hardened and her face morphed to fit the shark's maw- she hadn't expected something as spectacular as her chimeric shift prior. She admires herself in the mirror and grins at her trainer

"I took your orders to heart- life shield. I've also managed to use Life to enhance my physical talents... I won't hold back."
    She probably wasn't as intimidating when she wasn't looming over him, but the shark-toothed grin was perhaps unnerving.

Defense: 4
    Armor: 4B/2L
    Natural Weapon: Shark Teeth (Lethal +2 bite)
    Monthly Ritual: Enhanced Brawl (+2 dots)

A
    Alastor

The First Talon found his shotgun, found his chain, and selected the freakish weapon, putting his shotgun on the sling over his shoulder. His combat knife was slipped into an ankle holster. He gave a little smile at the super vague answer -- or perhaps it wasn't vague at all. Perhaps where she had come from wasn't anywhere near as important to her as what she wanted to be, what Awakening had let her strive to become.

"Good. Preparation is everything. Let's see how it worked out."

The chain began to whirl, and the Mastigos began to circle...

Initiative 16

Initiative
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-23 23:47:49 Alastor rolls 1 die for initiative 9

G
    Galatea

Galatea gave a grin, got in her stance, and let out a combat roar... providing the Arrow leader a good indication of what a shark roaring might sound like

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-23 23:51:17 Galatea rolls 1 die for initiative 9

Her stance was predatory, body curled slightly, as if waiting for the strike.

Initiative 16

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

init tiebreaker, rolled a 1
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-24 00:14:53 Alastor rolls 1 to Initiative Tiebreaker (10 Again) 1 failure

G
    Galatea

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-24 00:18:10 Galatea rolls 1 die for initiative 10

He seemed to be taking his sweet time.... Fine. She'd make the first strike.

"RRRRRAAAAGGHHH!!"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-24 00:21:15 Galatea rolls 12 to CHARGE! (Strength 3 + Enhanced Brawling 5 + All Out) (10 Again) 1, 4, 1, 1, 7, 3, 5, 1, 3, 10, 2, 10, 1, 2 2 successes

She charged, ramming her body and putting her full weight into the head Arrow. She wouldn't use her teeth yet- not unless it felt necessary. There was a difference between holding back and actively trying to kill someone; besides, she couldn't always rely on them.

A
    Alastor

A rushed attack, easily avoided, one he wouldn't punish. Not yet. He'd use magic strategically, first.

The walls seemed to bend toward him as he called down vulgar magic, and a grunt of pain coughed out of the First Talon as a brutal claw of the Abyss tore through his weaving and he took the backlash rather than unleash Bedlam upon them. How could this be? He had his Tool, his Mana --

-- now wasn't the time to contemplate it. A second, perfect copy of Alastor formed next to the first, and both circled the shark...

Alastor takes 2 Bashing from the soaked Paradox and is at 2B. -1 Mana to reduce 'dox. He avoids the attack with Defense and casts a 2 round Co-Location. A reflexive action is used to select which one he is in this turn. If Galatea has a way to determine the real one, awesome - but if not, and she attacks, do you want to roll evens/odds? Evens you get Alastor, odds you don't? Or is there another way you'd propose?

2 sux 'dox on a chance die wtffff, one two-round extra Alastor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-24 00:28:45 Alastor rolls 4 to Co-Location (Gnosis + Space - 2 'dox - 2 for duration) (10 Again) 6, 9, 3, 3 1 success
    2019-04-24 00:26:32 Alastor rolls 1 to 'dox (2 - 1 for DMT - 1 for Mana) (10 Again, Chance) 10, 10, 1 2 successes

G
    Galatea

She struck, but it didn't seem to make an impact. Then she felt the crackling energy, expecting pain...

What she got was another Alastor. Was this mindgames? No, should could have resisted that. Was he capable of cloning himself? Galatea shook her head- no time to think about it. She charged at one of the things, roaring...
      Sucks to be the Clone
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-24 00:40:53 Galatea rolls 1 to Even Alastor, Odds Clone (10 Again) 5 failure

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-24 00:41:32 Galatea rolls 12 to Primal Punch! (Strength 3 + Enhanced Brawling 5 + All Out) (10 Again) 6, 2, 7, 7, 8, 5, 8, 7, 10, 7, 6, 9, 6 4 successes

And passing right through it. Illusions? She turned to the other one, the REAL Alastor, expecting the worst

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.