Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque sat in one of the meetings rooms of the Nox, slowly thumbing through the pages of a book. He had been there for hours, one part enjoying the quiet and one part steeling himself for the meeting to come. He was surprised that Twist had him dictate the meeting place and with no haven or permanent location of his own and a desire to talk about details of the Invictus he had little choice other than the Elysium. He was thankful that he could at least spend the time rooting himself in the atmosphere before her arrival.

As time drew closer, he became less focused on the words on the pages and more enveloped with considering the many paths the conversation may go. He had already attempted to discuss the Invictus with one of the covenant's other members which was soundly derailed by... other distractions. His only small advantage this evening was that he had never met this well respected Daeva on any official capacity. He had seen her mingling in court and could sense a strong allure but the safety of distance kept him cautiously curious given her reputation within the Domain. Distance would not be a safety afforded to Jacque tonight.

Anticipating punctuality, he closes his book with a cloth strip marking the page. He stands and brushes a hand across his vest to straighten any wrinkles out before she arrived.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist glanced over the text from Ale one more time before thumbing it away and tucking the phone away. Stepping up toward the entrance to the Nox, she brushed away any potential travel dust from her outfit as she considered the location.

In the end she decided it was a safe location.

Moving in through the Kine of the place and toward Elysium proper she breezed past the coat rack, her eyes scanning for who she was to meet.

With no official court in session, it wasn't hard to find him. Though the lack of his Beast's presence didn't help.

Smiling pleasantly in greeting, she approached. Good evening, I hope it finds you well?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He returned the smile with his own and bowed his head, "Alder Twist, it does! It is hard to complain about such quiet nights." He found himself thankful that her Beast was hidden like his own.

Thinking briefly back to how she signed her letter, "I hope the same to you as well." He pauses before adding, "I am assuming that Alder is the most appropriate of your titles to address you by. If I am incorrect please do not hesitate to correct me."

Looking back to the meeting room, "I was also not sure if you had an office of your own here that you preferred. If this one suffices then please, after you." He motions to the chairs.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Quiet eves can be enjoyable, especially when it allows for ease of conversation," she agreed. Not that she wasn't equally comfortable in a club where the music was so loud that you could feel it buzzing in your chest, but yes, this was better tonight.

A smile and a wave away of his concern, "This will be fine." She had had an office here once. Many years ago. One she had been quite content with relinquishing. Moving to a seat, she settles into a pose that seemed too natural, too easy to be a pose. And yet, somehow it was. Her features highlighted even in the dim light.

As he presumably took his own seat, she made no effort to hide her watching him. Her dark eyes appraising his attractive features, his attire. A small smile only faintly hinted in the slight tilt of the corner of her lips. Or perhaps that was the pose again.

"Alder is plenty appropriate. I carry more than one title between being a member of the Invictus and a citizen of Sacramento. There are ... rules to dictate when each should be used, but I try not to bore or burden those who aren't necessarily bound by my covenant's rules." An eyebrow lifted slightly and she leaned forward, "Unless it is something that sparks interest?"

The double meaning was there for him should he wish to read it.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He smiled as she seated herself, her delicate appearance moving with a purposeful and deliberate intent. After she sat, Jacque claimed his own seat across from her, sliding his chair under him and sitting in one fluid motion.

"I am always interested in learning," he nods gesturing a hand to her, "Where you may be merciful, others may not be as kind and all good habits are rooted in practice."

Folding his hands over each other on the table, "I mentioned in my letter that I had some questions about the Invictus. To elaborate further, I am unaligned to any covenant. Since arriving in Her Majesty's court three months ago I've spent a great deal of time trying to learn more of each one that is represented here in Sacramento. I may be a little forward or even blunt with my questions but I assure you that I fully appreciate that there is a limit to what an outsider can know."

He shifts his posture and his hands become animated, accentuating his key points subconsciously, "Especially with faith-based covenants, there are often rumors and misconceptions that are spread based on outward appearances or perceptions. Also, with the members of the other covenants I've interacted with one can usually have a reasonably accurate idea which one they are aligned to, if any. The Dragons have a certain aura of pride about them, the Crone and Lance have strong spiritual overtones but the Invictus simply... is. The strength of its membership is indisputable as the very foundation of the Domain but one would be hard pressed to identify a member of the First Estate unless they revealed it intentionally during conversation."

He turns a corner of his lips into a grin, "It is almost as if the idea of 'If you've got it, why flaunt it' is embraced. It is very intriguing."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"A smart way to approach the future." Stagnation would only lead to true death after all. A soft chuckle at his granting her the title of merciful. She supposed in this matter she may be, but there were plenty who were and weren't ash who would argue the point.

"Another wise move," she commented wryly. "As far as being blunt, I am not ashamed to say that I am often called the same." She was working on her finesse though.

A smile flickered, "I had not thought of it that way, but yes, I suppose you have a point." She pauses to think, "The covenants you mention they ... help to shape an individual. There philosophies and beliefs become part of those who walk that path. Or do so enough that it becomes stereotype."

"The Invictus have core beliefs, but they are more ..." she paused, searching for the right words in English. "They are more goal driven perhaps. The saying about the ends justifying the means in some ways. One does not need to act Invictus to be Invictus."

She leaned back, "I think that while with just a glance or even a small conversation, you may not know that a Kindred is Invictus, if you were however told later that someone was ... you would have no problem accepting such." She paused and then chuckled, self correcting, "If they were a good Invictus that is."

There were exceptions of course, there were always exceptions. But that was for later.

A smile, this one colored with satisfaction and amusement. "I suppose so ... I personally rather enjoy flaunting. But that could be elements of my clan showing."

7. Bump Killian "Bump" this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's eyes gleamed with pride at the Daeva's compliments, "Thank you. So what do the rules dictate for one of many titles? I caught on very early that most of the First Estate are not comfortable using first names, preferring to address me as Mister Jack, but that is mostly my limit of knowledge with your etiquette."

He nods in agreement, "That is a good way to put it." He arches an eyebrow with curiosity, "And what goals do the Invictus have? Are they ever fluid and changing or are they intended to be a constant as a core belief?"

"Then you may be pleased to know I have not met a bad Invictus." He grins, "As you said, it was neither surprising or particularly expected."

He chuckles at the animation in her smile, "I am certain that is so." The Daevas had been the only thing to navigate around his prudent nature and he had yet to understand if it was by their skill or his weakness that they were successful.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist laughs, "That is not surprising," she comments through her chuckle. And then settling she answers more directly, "The reason for that is fairly simple. Among the Invictus, addressing an individual by their first name implies that the relationship they share is," and a smile tugs at her lips, her eyes sparkling, "intimate."

"Usually I am introduced along the lines of Her Grace Alder Twist, Duchess of Sacramento, Judex and Hound." Even with it being her title, worn for years rather than months now, it was a mouthful. And like him, the fact that she bore but a single name was sometimes a tricky situation for those she interacted with.

Spreading her hands palm up her response was simple. "Both." Smiling, knowing the answer wasn't really one she continued. "The Invictus aim high. That is their goal. How you achieve it ... well, that depends on you. So while yes, our core belief is the same, the method of achieving them is flexible."

And Sacramento was proof of it. The Invictus prized power. And so they had it. An Invictus Prince for years now. Seneschal, Harpy, and Hound as well. A covenant that until recently had faced little opposition is sheer number strength. And as far as individual strength, well ... pity the fool who tried any of her Covenant.

But had they achieved that the same way? Not in the slightest. The paths each Invictus had walked were different, but all leading to the same thing.

"I am glad to hear such. I hate bringing up bad reports in our meetings."

A single shoulder lifted in a shrug, her concern about her clan elements showing clearly a non issue. The smile she wore showing that she may even be proud of it.

10. Bump Killian "Bump" this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque shifts in his chair as she delivered the last word. It wasn't the word that affected him so much as the way the Succubus delivered it, leaving it lingering in his ear and provocatively clouding his thought. He musters a nod, "I see, so that is what she meant."

Clearing his thought from distractions came Twist's sixteen syllable title, to which Jacque gave an ever so brief look of astonishment. "I recognize Hound as the respective domain title and Judex as the leader of the Invictus by how Prince Antinori spoke of you." He takes a moment to consider his next words, "If it is not considered rude, I am curious what feats you accomplished to earn such a respectable title. You have a reputation that precedes you, but most of what I could muster was simply a healthy fear of ever getting on your 'bad side'." He gestures his right hand outwardly with a chuckle, "It almost seems the fear outlived the actions that inspired it."

He grins, anticipating his next question to not receive a direct answer, "That certainly is a good way to avoid inhibiting a diverse pool of talents. What are the Invictus aiming for in Sacramento now that they control it so unequivocally?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small smile flickers, her eyes sparkling at the his reaction. Sacramento was full of pretty people and overflowing with pretty Kindred. Sometimes it was nice to know she wasn’t yet lost in the crowd.

As he issued his next question, she worked to keep her face neutral. She wasn’t ... accustomed to being asked to explain or defend her titles. They were hers by right if history and power. But he didn’t know that. He couldn’t know that. Not that she had any issues with the city fearing her bad side. It was a good trait to have as a Hound.

”I arrived in Sacramento after the fall of Tobias Straiphen. I stayed in that chaos and under Freddrick made a name for myself. I have held the positions of Seneschal and Daeva Priscus. I am one of the few Kindred to have survived the Lost Nights. My theater has been known as an Elysium. I serve as Hound to the third Kindred to claim the title of Prince since my arrival.” Her words as she spoke were filled with a quiet confidence, a recitation of facts that while she was proud of, did not brag about. She was not the only one to have such a history, to have valid claim to the same titles she did, but they were not here now. Much as she wished they were.

Leaning forward, her eyes sparkling conspiratorial, her smile flashed teeth, ”Or perhaps you were asking how many I have killed?” Letting the question hang for a second, she chuckled and leaned back away. The dangerous edge of her smile slipping away.

”Have you ever owned property Mister Jacque? Unless it is maintained, before you know it- the place falls down around you,” she stated simply. The Invictus held power yes. And held it with strength. But it was not permanent unless they worked at it permanently. Outside threats and inside threats were never in short supply.

13. Likes Killian liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread