(1904) Vivian & Co.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap scratches his neck in contemplate, nails grating against rough scruff.

"Been bikes for me for decades now," Madcap admits, but he had a feeling he was a simpler creature than the youthful Supplicant before him, "Got some interest in a few muscle cars, I guess. Might be kinda common, but I love a good Chevelle or Impala. 1970 preferably. If I ever got reason to hide my face a bit, we'll see. Don't think I'd ever get a yacht, but the sea has its appeal I guess. If it weren't for the Blood. it'd be one hell of a way to live."

Then the suggestion of Derek Mitnick to aid in his little problem.

"I suppose he'd be wanting Prestation, eh?" he said, "Thing about making connections in the Kine is all they want is money. They're predictable. Thing about Boons is they ain't as simple as a few bills. This Mitnick trustworthy? You vouching for him?"

Madcap knew the greater Court could hear him. The plain truth of it was he didn't care.

As Garrett speaks of the pair's mutual interest in that sweet, sweet nectar that was alcohol, Madcap laughed, the exclamation tainted with the same coldness as the chuckle earlier.

"Sometimes in order to see things clearly, you gotta make sure you can't see straight." the Bruja joked. It was an old lesson from his father. Sometimes it seemed like the truth, other times less so. Madcap was building a liking for his gregarious cousin. It showed. They'd have to discuss more even if he, like Vivian, seemed like he was from a plainly different level of society than the Bruja.

And Vivian, too. What a woman.

Not a single ounce of disgust or distrust. Just pleasant smiles and well placed words. She seemed genuine in her words, as well, building the bridges of similarity in their mindsets even more clearly. Madcap was impressed, even pleasantly surprised. As with his burgeoning camaraderie with Garrett, that much was plain to see.

Now it was time to see if she was just being pleasant like the Lords for the sake of court.

"We'll have to exchange details, Seneschal," he said, the smile still on his face, "I'll let you know when I'm planning another ride. Might be a bit. Want to make sure I got things in place. Getting pulled over could ruin the evening."

The offer was made.

"And I don't think speaking plainly makes you a bitch," he says, "If anything, I think it would make you fast friends with a lot of us Savages."

The compliment was earnest. Most Gangrel Madcap had met couldn't give a fuck about niceties and fancy words. They wanted to know what was real.

V
    Vivian York

She was utterly fascinated that a Gangrel rose above his lot in life. Garrett went over and above just to not become a stereotype. For this, she had high regard for him. “You know, not always to people or Kindred think like you. Some repeat the same thing over and over for comfort when in turn, they are easing themselves into the long sleep. You are a marvel, Mr. Prosper.” She said it was utmost sincerity. There may come a day when she needs his assistance, or the Domain and he would probably be the most trusted.

There was some discussion about Prestation, but, she thought it may be Clan related. Vivian didn’t want to add any commentary. She may be the Seneschal, but some things weren’t necessary to chime on.

Flipping out her phone, she was ready to exchange. “My number is [number] if you text me, I’ll put you in my phone, as Harley Man.” She said with a wry smile. “Yes, do let me know when you plan an adventure. I wouldn’t mind going out a bit and seeing all the damage that was done in the fires, if you’d be interested in a stranger scenic route?”

“Well, I’m glad you don’t think so. I don’t often glorify my words. But if I do, you can be sure that reading the subtext of that means more than the general words themselves.” The Daeva could swear like a sailor, but she didn’t in Court. Yet, if she tried hard to insult someone and had to use more than bloody wanker, it meant business.

Her eyes gazed upon a man with a navy suit and pink shirt. She had an idea of what clan, but to be sure she should investigate. “Gentlemen, it appears that someone new has arrived and a little lost. I should check on him in case he is truly lost.” Looking to each of them separately as she spoke their names. “Mr. Prosper, Mr. Madcap, it was a pleasure conversing with you tonight. If we don’t speak again later, I look forward to another evening of discussing, from both of you.”

Thanks guys, duty calls!

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Not yet," Prosper answers Madcap's question, "I was just direction your attention to save you some time for screening." He knew Lina spoke with him extensively on matters of Domain security. The Savage wouldn't be surprised if he would be a Deputy soon.

"It was a pleasure, Frau Seneschal York," he says as the woman leaves, satisfied with the own impression he left. He cocks an eyebrow at Alessandra finally taking the reigns in the position she wanted filled,

"That should be interesting. For me, anyway," he looked back to Madcap, "We will talk more later, yes?"

Garrett crosses to this thread

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap smirked at Vivian's words as she gave her contact information.

"I'm sure we can arrange that," he says as the Seneschal suggests a destination for their ride, "Pro Tip? Eat ahead of time. Being hungry on the highway can be a bitch, but I get the feeling you know that."

The Seneschal spoke like a traveler, but whether that was from her life before or her current state Madcap didn't know.

Garrett's confirmation that he didn't fully trust Mitnick was answered merely with a nod. Madcap was appreciative of Prosper saving him the legwork and his cousin's honest wariness was impressive.

"A pleasure, Seneschal," he offers as the woman departs. He'd watch her go for a bit before Prosper again returned his attention back to their conversation by announcing his own intent to depart.

Madcap shrugged.

"Suit yourself," he says, "I'll be around. Figure I should be around to see who's selected anyway."

Then Madcap was alone and soon he, too, felt compelled to return to the greater gathering. However, he did not do so until he sent a Text to Vivian York with two simple words: Harley Man. The details were exchanged. In time, they would come to plan something. Maybe.

Madcap returns to the main thread! Good scene!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.