THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Macap's description of other locations holds Garrett's interest as he slowly detaches from his anger. He grins at Vivian's mention of driving, "Do either of you like racing?"

Prosper chuckles quietly as Jacque darts to try and throw a blanket over things. As the Grand Wyrm involves herself, his smile becomes strained again. He would need to have more than a few conversations—recognizing patterns on a scale of months as opposed to within the immediate was not something that the younger were used to considering. Tact was actively being gelded as natural temperaments clouded judgement. Was it the Beast? He had a hard time remembering the difference of instinct. Something to work on, though Court was providing a pool for his statistics.

He watches with interest as Elettra Vitale handles the Obvious Fledgling exactly as she should rather than trying to enforce decorum over a street rat that would have likely ended up with being spat on. He's impressed.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap's eyebrows raise as Jacque suddenly departs. The Bruja may not have liked bureaucracy or the social games of the Kindred, but that didn't mean he didn't understand them. Jacque had offered to leave his details for Elettra with the Kine who ran things here. He had not offered the same to Madcap. Thus, it seemed the Lord's comment of wanting to speak again were disingenuous. Nonetheless, the Bruja gave him a nod as he departed. Jacque hadn't given him a reason to be a complete dick, so he'd play nice

Still he watches as Jacque moves to Lina Moretti and Rebecca Simmons with faint interest. However, when the ambitious little Blue-Blood chooses to attempt to once again feed the flame, his efforts are for naught. Jacque's attempt to throw him under the bus are noted, but Madcap didn't care what he thought. The reality was the reasoning behind his and Jacque's statements in the disruption were not the same. Jacque wanted to defend his Priscus and Madcap offered a warning to help the Harpy consider her Soul. Madcap didn't expect the man to understand. He lacked the education of the Coils required to do so.

Another nod was offered to Elettra Vitale as she, too, departed hastily.

He then looked to Prosper, clearly amused. One moment the Mekhet and the Ventrue were here and the next... gone.

"Must have been something you said," he teased, a rare sense of humor in his tone. He was even smiling. Fully.

However, as Vivian spoke, she seemed to call more of his attention. Maybe it was the accent or the similarities that were beginning to be shared between the two, but, regardless, Madcap seemed invested at least. Almost friendly even.

"I hear ya, nothing ruins a trip down the backroads than getting stuck behind some shitdick who doesn't know what they're doing,"
    he offers, agreeing with the Seneschal, "And, yeah, open roads is where its at. Was a time that was the norm, y'know? People took hit the road looking for a journey. The damn interstate system ruined that though. Still... the old roads are still out there. I make as much time for them as I can."

"Racing? I was into it in my younger days, but back then it was just as much about endurance as it was speed. These days it seems like everyone wants to get their hands on crotch rocket that's liable to flip if they turn too tight on anything that isn't pavement. That ain't racing... that's a handicap,"
    Madcap says, answering Garrett's query, "That and my current rig is more of a cruiser than a racer. Might get another bike soon though, just gotta get a few other things in line first."

3. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

The Daeva was having to pay attention to many things tonight. It would be wonderful if she could just focus on those who were in front of her. Yet, she was probably not alone in this for tonight. She saw both Garrett's and MadCap's eyes flit back and forth. It didn't bother in the slightest, as she was doing the same.

Vivian smirked with a twinkle in her eye. "Indeed, I like racing. Haven't done it in quite some time. There was a street race I found out about not long after I moved to Sacramento. I went to ogle over the cars. Some of the cars really don't get my attention, even if they're faster than the others. Those that are the muscle cars, engines rumbling and a clear command for the road; that's what turns my crank."

Once she said that, she wondered if it came off like a proposal. It wasn't her intention, but alas, she wasn't about to correct herself. She was clearly distracted listening and watching. Another discussion with the Ventrue clan, and someone vying the attention toward themselves. The Domain Whispers would be very interesting this time around.

"Mr. Prosper, do you enjoy racing? Watching, driving, the Fast and the Furious movies, or anything of the lot?"

But MadCap's seemed to be more than just a mild voyeur. "What do you drive currently? Color me intrigued." She smiled with very interested eyes.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper's fingers tapped idly as the other two spoke, mind unable to slow down. He blinked as Madcap grinned at him, nearly missing the quip.

"My suit is not that ugly," he chuckles, "I have been known to make people chafe, though. Cannot imagine why." The Brujah's musing on his current ride had him curious. Listening to other people's passions was something he had turned into a career, though in this case he understood offering the man a hand in obtaining his assets would take away from the prize. "Just saving up, or do you build your own custom model?"

At Vivian York's question, the Savage snorts, "Sometimes when I feel like being stupid. I am terrible at it, but the stories are worth it." He had no clue what movie she was talking about, and if there was an opportunity for an off-colour joke he wasn't from a time where he would voice it. Garrett keeps a side-eye on Alessandra Antinori, not wishing to ghost on the pair and simply waiting for a natural end to the conversation. It wasn't like the Prince had a proper opening to talk business anyway.

He wasn't particularly good at treating Elysium as afternoon tea. He wasn't particularly good at treating any interaction as casual unless he was three sheets to the wind.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap listened as Vivian spoke about her love for cars and, apparently, a past which included racing them. The Bruja's interest was plain to see.

It was clear to anyone that looked at them that Madcap and Vivian occupied different worlds. She bore an elegance that he could not and their difference in tone easily indicated that one exuded grace and the other was something rougher. Frankly, the Seneschal was like velvet and Madcap was road-worn denim. Yet even then, the pair seemed to have some camaraderie in the form of oil and steel. That reality made the Savage smile. The Seneschal wasn't a stiff which, admittedly, was not something Madcap expected.

For that reason, while the Seneschal herself appeared preoccupied with what was around them, Madcap was not. Sure, he had heard Alessandra when she extended the olive branch. He had heard her indicate the chance to regain feeding rights in Florin. Whether it was simply a ploy to gain better ears in the order or a peace offering to one of the city's dominant factions, the Bruja wasn't sure. Either way, it seemed wrong to try and prostrate before her so soon after her declaration. They would talk, but it wouldn't be tonight. Therefore, the matter didn't require his attention.

Then a chuckle at Vivian's question to Garrett and the young-looking Savage's response. Madcap was passively familiar with the series the Seneschal was discussing at least. The idea of Garrett revving up a good ol' American muscle car kept the smile on his face.

"I don't know, Garrett,"
    he says, "I think you could pull off a Charger. It seems like you got enough balls for it."

Both it seemed had an interest in his ride and both would easily see the subtly swelling pride in the man's features as they inquired.

"I ride a 1985 Harley Davidson Wide Glide right now," he says, "Back in the day I had an Indian too. Was an old surplus from the war... I ride American made. So I can't really roll with Harley-Davidson once I decide to trade up. Some of their components come from overseas now."

Taking a moment, Madcap realizes the statement may be taken out of context.

"Ain't got anything against all imports," he says, "Probably used to be the case, but old habits die hard. Some of them are shit, but I like some of the stuff BMW turns out. It's just kinda a tradition now at this point. Bloodline doesn't ride anything else. As far as custom, I don't think that's what I want right now. It'd be nice, but I'll settle with a new bike with a few options. Just saving up for it and I need to pull some more credentials to be among the kine a little easier. Once that's done, I'll probably go back to Indian."

A hand scratches at his chin, his face staring off in obvious contemplation.

"As far as what I want? I'm not 100% yet. Probably a bobber or Indian's FTR 1200. It's got a racer style and does near as well on dirt and gravel as it does on the road," he says as his eyes find the pair of Kindred before him once again, "The way a racer should be. Was considering another cruiser, but I'm setting up sticks for the long haul. And our condition means I don't have to carry much shit with me these days."

Noting the occasionally wandering eyes of his companions, Madcap chuckles. He's rambling again, but it was really their fault for bringing up his interests.

"Now, y'all didn't come here to talk bikes with me did ya?"
    he asks, "If you guys got someone you need to see, you can go ahead. Ain't gonna hurt my feelings. I'm a big boy."

7. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Snickering, she added. "Most racing stories start with some sort of story. Those are the best kind. I've done some stupid things with a vehicle now and again. But you're right, it makes for great stories."

Vivian boldly yet playfully disagreed with the Gangrel's car recommendation. "Oh no no. Mr. Prosper doesn't seem like he would drive something common. I think a Stingray would suit him much better." He may have been embraced young, but the young Savage exuded character.

While Madcap spoke of bikes, she could relate. She had the same rush of energy speaking about cars. "I've sat on a Harley, but never rode on one. I've only drove a motorbike, which is nothing like the American version of motorcycles. What I drove was solely for transportation purposes in Europe, not for enjoyment. There are many cars that are like that in Europe. Years ago, they were never as plush as American made vehicles. It's a pity as to what they're missing."

When MadCap mentioned not keeping them there, she responded with a smile. "I enjoy speaking to everyone. Finding out passions and interests, or just listening, Mr. MadCap. I'm here for anyone who needs me, to ask or answer questions. If I were to constantly reflect on our nature, or chat politics, that would make me one bitchy Daeva and no one needs to see that." Vivian shrugged her shoulder and waved a hand to the side. "I presume some people think I'm silly for this, but so be it."

If either of the Gangrels judged her for it, she wouldn't be upset. There were enough of those things going on in Court right now anyway.

"So, Mr. Prosper, what are you passionate about? Unless you care not to share."
    He seemed like a very amicable chap, and as much as she wanted to get to know him, he may pass.

"I should add that the same stands for me, if any of us need to be another place or called another direction please do not let me keep you either."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Eh, well, if you had your eye on something you do not have to wait. Unless working towards the funds is part of the experience for you," Garrett says about Madcap's statement on saving up. He makes sure the suggestion is fleeting lest it sounds like a handout, looking more excited at the prospect of his cousin reaching his goals faster than anything else.

Garrett listened with interest at both their suggestions on his vehicle. There were implications on how both viewed him that was favourable in different ways, and he gave a small smile at Vivian's Stingray. A Seneschal that wished to stay away from politics? Either she was the perfect match for Alessandra's temperament, or she simply used the same methods he did for reading Kindred.

"I am going to be honest? I have ADHD when it comes to these sort of things. I think the longest I have owned a model was a year," he chuckles. "I like tinkering, and once I have it figured out I move on. I get bored with familiarity, so unfortunately nostalgia is not a feeling I have ever experienced." He rocks on his heels at Vivian's question. Ditching a conversation he was enjoying was a rejection of his nature—it wasn't all testing Kindred boundaries. "Weirdly enough? Technological advancements and Statistics. I have put a lot into studying both with practical application so I can maintain the knowledge. There is also hedonism," he laughs.

"I think I asked you the same question last time. If you know where a novel experience is you should hit me up. You seem to know your fun," his attention flicks to Madcap, grinning, "Firing that one to you too. Aside from bikes and scaring the meek."

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap smiles.

"Seems our Seneschal thinks highly of you, Mr. Prosper," he says as Vivian suggests Garrett's place his in the seat of a stingray. The Bruja grants his cousin a wink as his smile pulls into a true grin, "Perhaps I should be paying more attention, hmm?"

Then he turned his attention to the vixen herself, the grin remaining. "Far be it from me to offer," he says, "but if you ever need a ride, you just let me know, eh? It's an experience to be sure... though part of me wonders if the newer ones can live up to the legacy, y'know?"

The grin and confidence in his tone show Madcap is being truthful. The man wasn't a subtle Beast.

Then came Garrett's (not so) subtle offer to pay for Madcap's new bike. To that, the Bruja chuckled his almost sinister chuckle.

"Oh, cousin, I know better than to place myself in another's debt, be they Blood or not,"
    the Savage says, "Besides the issue ain't entirely related to funds, though that's part of it. The issue is identity."

Madcap needed to pave the way to a new public identity. Then he would take care of the rest. The rest wouldn't take nearly as much time. Then, Vivian drew his attention again.

"Seneschal, I've met a lot of Kindred over the years," he said, "I'm usually pretty good at pinging them early. The last thing I'd call you is a bitch."

It may not have been a full compliment, but it was the best the Bruja could manage. The woman was lovely, even if Madcap wouldn't fully admit it. She was hot too, so there's that.

Madcap would listen to Garrett answer the Seneschal's question, putting on an expression of vague interest. The German hadn't provided the answers he was entirely expecting after all.

"Firing what at me? My interests?"
    he asked as Garrett put him on the spot, "I ain't a complicated monster, Prosper. I like my bikes, my booze, and my hunts as much as the next Kindred. As for scaring the meek... our place in the world ain't met for them. The Curse is a test. If they can't rise to the occasion, that's on them."

V
    Vivian York

His response seemed fitting, surprisingly enough. The younger Gangrel's need for switching gears, as it was, was definitely something of the younger generation. Time wasn't given to things anymore, or patience for that matter, not like when she was young. "I understand what you mean, Mr. Prosper. Maybe one day you may find something you never want to give up, or you may never do that. Still, there's a lot to be said for someone that can adapt quickly." Which was more than she could say for some.

He was perspicaciously adept to technology and math would make him very useful for as long as he chose to keep at it. "That is quite wonderful to hear, often some of us going give a rip about what makes things tick. You must be able to adapt to changing advancements very quickly." She smirked, knowing he didn't mean what she originally thought about the word he chose. "I presume your hedonism plays into this as well?"

When Madcap offered a ride on the motorcycle, she gave a pleased smile. "I appreciate the offer, and that would be wonderful. You'll have to let me know what to wear, I don't want to lose an article of clothing or whatnot."

The bitch thing seemed to stick. "Perhaps I'm losing my touch." She laughed loudly, but not boisterous. "I've been known to let my mouth run at times, but usually, in my opinion, it's well deserved."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett's eyebrows rose slowly at Madcap's...unique...laugh, mouth tugging into its own smirk.

"Shit! You got me. It starts with bikes, and then escalates into yachts. If you are needing a new identity, though, Mitnick might be connected to that sort of thing."
    The Mekhet was shady in his impressive activity with the computer, having worked with him more than once. "Spicing things with alcohol always makes for a better experience," he laughs. A man after his own heart.

He looks back to Vivian, "Hm. Well there are a few things. Hard to keep track after so long, however," he gives a small shrug, "There is not really anything complicated about my habits. I just believe one should enjoy themselves when there is enough misery to contemplate. I would not be a very good Dragon if I allowed myself to stagnate. Adaptation has always been a part of my existence, though at least technology has only gotten easier with time, frees up my own timetable." He grins at her last statement, "I will stay on my toes, Frau Seneschal York."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.