Ended
Watch

(1904) The Peerage

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Arturo Garcia

Arturo waited patiently to see if either Thomas Boyle or Jacque would join him. He wanted to make sure a few facts about the Lords were set straight this evening, and it would have been rude to exclude any of the gathered Ventrue thus far.

T
    Thomas Boyle

The Acolyte Ventrue follows Arturo Garcia's steps and looks around the Elysium area to see if Jacque intends to do the same. There's a look of curious expectation on his face.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque was looking unnaturally confident as he followed the two aside. I wonder what this is about.

"Looking sharp, gentlemen." with a grin he patiently waited to hear what Arturo had to say.

Blood Hunt:

A
    Arturo Garcia

”They will never be able to say that the Lord’s didn’t dress for the occasion, but that brings me to first question I have for the night, which would be for you, Whip.”

He let his eyes settle on the Lord with the new title, as this was more in his wheelhouse than it was the business of Thomas or Arturo.

”Formal court is no in session, have you called role of the clan? Will everyone be here tonight?”

It was a simple question, which seemed to be coming from a genuine place. While Arturo had contested for Whip, the decision had long since been made about who was going to be taking the role. However when he had received no follow up from within the clan he was curious if steps were taken to ensure the Peerage would be there in full force - For both reasons of status and of strength.

It was at this point he noticed the entrance of Priscus Rebecca Simmons and returned her nod before carrying on.

”Secondly, and this is the reason I have asked for both of you is to know if we are to stand for anything or do otherwise.”

The rumors were out there, Keeper was on the table. He was not sure how far either of the men had taken his suggestion that either of them would be tailored for the position, but he wasn’t about to press around prying ears. The important part was will the Clan of Kings be supporting anyone specifically, opposing anyone specifically, or sitting back and clapping.

”We all know the one thing that cannot change in these nights, and I want to stand together.”

If he held actual animosity, he would say so. Instead he worked out immediate negative humors in his own way so that rationale thought prevailed.

For now, the Whip had his clan here, Arturo was ready to serve the greater purpose of the blood, and if Thomas was earnest in his speeches at the meeting he was not one to leave out of the loop. He valued his fellow Peers and wanted a game plan.

If there was one.

T
    Thomas Boyle

To Jacque's grin a much more detached nod is offered. Not because he has something against the new Whip - Thomas simply isn't one for wide smiles. He waits until the obfuscated Lord gives his answer - the contents of which are predictable, given that he has received no reminder - and then addresses Arturo's concerns.

"First of all, I want to make it clear that I've made no moves towards the position, so unless the Prince literally pulls a name out of a hat you don't need to worry about me" He smirks "I'd therefore be happy to cheer on for either of you, but as far as those in attendance outside of the Clan go... I don't think there's a candidate we should support. Specifically, I think the Dragon is well-fed already" It wasn't the most subtle or complex of veils, but it served the purpose.

Still, his cousins might have other ideas.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque arches an eyebrow at the inquiry directed at him, "Mister Garcia, you and the rest of the family have demonstrated at least the basic mental capacity to read the formal notice yourselves and remember the Prince's laws. Be assured that the strength of the Lords is well represented. Where I do not intend to serve as a secretary, I will deal with anyone who lapses in meeting expectations."

"The Domain is certainly abuzz with the prospect of an appointment this evening. My expectation would be to be supportive to each other, within reason. Some of our cousins, after all, have not quite proven themselves capable of avoiding embarrassment." He looks around at the different gatherings, "I would be surprised if there was some grand public debate, but it is the Prince's prerogative if that is what she desires."

Looking back to Thomas and Arturo he adds, "I outlined to her in great detail a strategy in private. It is up to her on whether she agrees it would be the best course of action. As much as your support would be and is appreciated, I do not believe it is in good taste to vocalize it considering the approach I took is unknown and the time for sharing has past us." Jacque had played a slightly different angle, building his argument up over months instead of a single night.

To Mister Boyle's remark, he offered a nod, "Do either of you know who all have expressed interest?"

Blood Hunt:

A
    Arturo Garcia

Jack had an answer, and it even came with the appropriate sharpness one could expect for a Lord. However, it would do them no good if there was a reason for the Ventrue to stand and they were missing any of their number. It seemed worth the effort to engage in the chase if it meant winning the night. Reaction was just how some people played their cards.

”I don’t predict grandstanding either, but some well placed din can sow make the room sway. As for other candidates…No one that I have seen show a considerable interest, just the same ones we have all seen publicly declare.”

Jack had an interesting way of framing the situation.

”Should a public opinion be sought, I am sure the Peerage stands together. With that considered, I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page rather than be the victim of unfortunate surprises. Unless either of you gentlemen have something to bring to attention that is all the official business I needed to address - to which I thank both of you for joining me in.”

“On the subject of Dragons, has anyone seen Wilhelm lately? Or has he made him scarce following the meeting. The same can be said of the Carthian. Both were spirited in their own ways, a shame to lose them if they chose only to pass through.”

Did the other Lords have opinions they wished to share on those not in attendance? If anything it served as a look into how they rationalized their thus far minor interactions.

T
    Thomas Boyle

Nice deflection, Whip Jack.

A strategy? 'Going behind your backs', you mean. Thomas looks curiously at the obfuscated Lord "Interesting. What was the argument, if you don't mind me asking?" This could be interesting "As far as candidates go... out of those in attendance, I can only think of mister Prosper. The others are either in possession of other, higher positions, or lack the qualities needed in a Keeper" Gangrels, aristocracy and exiled Bishops. None of them exactly fits the job description.

"I haven't seen either Wilhelm or Graham since the meeting. A shame to lose them both, but even in my short time here I've seen people stay barely long enough to say hello at their first Court meeting" The constant ebb and flow of the population is a fact of life in Sacramento by night. For all the Acolyte knows, anyone of those here can be three states away by next week.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's eyes drifted to the side, falling upon the Prince and Rebecca. An expression of curiosity first appeared, followed shortly by a flash of surprise that left as quickly as it appeared.

His eyes then rested back on Arturo, eerily cold, "Spirited is one way to put it. It sometimes takes some time and experience to reign in a self-destructive sense of pride. I certainly hope to see those who faltered with such brash reflexes adjust appropriately and succeed." If paying attention to one's surroundings, one might be able to surmise that Jacque may not have been referring to just Graham.

"Another time perhaps," He abhorred repeating himself. "The time for sharing is past. I do not wish to invite eavesdroppers to mimic elements of my suggestions."

He nods in agreement with the sentiments about losing two Lords as fast as they came. He had hopes for the Carthian, curiosities with the Dragon.

His eyes shift briefly again to another conversation before returning to Arturo, "It seems like you've done some learning yourself over the last few months. The Mister Garcia that I recognize understands that reward and recognition come from action and not simply a verbal claim." His eyes narrow on the Lord as he continues, "The Mister Garcia that I recognize would also understand that an appropriate way to resolve this doubt that you potentially do not understand prestation would be to offer a Minor boon to Her Majesty and a Trivial one to any Priscus who had to suffer an embarrassment during Formal Court due to such a faux pas."

An uncomfortable pause ensues as his eyes remain locked on Arturo's, "Shall I inform Her Majesty of my reassurances?" This little gathering reeked of posturing, and the Whip was no longer entertaining the challenge.

Blood Hunt:

A
    Arturo Garcia

His ears were one fire...One...Two...and Three. How much fun was that, regardless it seemed like there was someone who wanted to put some words in his mouth, so there was that matter to attend too.

[color=#ff4500]”Have any of you traveled? I spent some time in Colombia with the Church, they were tied very tightly to the movement. Comparing the passion you see there, it makes America seem melancholy. Eventually, however, things that get bottled up will find a way out. Hence why you were always careful where you were parked when you were there.”[/color=ff4500]

His experience with the Movement was was interesting, especially when coming from a different part of the world than some of the other Kindred in the Domain.

”An interesting thought, Mr. Jack. I believe the lesson to be learned is that nothing offered is nothing earned, a solid principle if one was seeking to earn investment - much like how a bank would operate. I also will offer the same dues that were paid when scandal was avoided - and that is to brush the issue aside casually.”

“Regardless I will take a few moments to address any concerns. I would not want anything to get lost in translation. I also think that unless I am mishearing there may be more to do if speeches are to be believed.”

“Mr. Boyle, if we don’t get the chance to talk again this evening I hope it finds you well. We should take the time to meet outside of such a formal environment. Mr. Jack, I am sure you will busy, so keep up the good work. And best of luck with your private strategy.”

Arturo gave Jack a little wink, a sign of well wishes in his battle for appointment, possibly.

Arturo leaves the scene - strolling across the floor to join the Prince and Harpy HERE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.