Ended
Watch

(1401) Meeting of the Ordo Dracul

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    A
    Atticus James

Atticus took a pull off the bottle. He was not at all surprised that Lina would not rely on him to watch over her. She was probably a little pissed that he called her out, again, he didn't care.

"I'll be quick. The Ordo Dracul of Sacramento needs to continue to show it's position within the Organization of the Ordo Dracul. To recruit other dragons from outside our domain, and gather more resources. With this, I nominate Lina Moretti to join the ranks of the Sworn of Mysteries. Sacramento needs representation within that organization, and I can think of no one better at this time."

Atticus took another swig off the bottle and handed it back to Ze German, and then sits back down.

S
    Steven

Just a note: The Dragons have some extra time in this meeting as it was locked down for several days.

L
    Lina Moretti

The Grand Wyrm nodded solemnly to Atticus James's nomination. The fact that the Scribe was putting her forward was much appreciated, though the occasion was as serious as it could get. She replied, "Scribe James, it's a great honor to be nominated. It's not appropriate for me to campaign or any such nonsense, so I won't. The basics of this, for Slave Vitale: the Sworn of the Mysteries guide and shape our organization's policy and law, finding the way forward for the Covenant in these complicated nights. If I am not the person you wish to see doing this, then that is your choice to make. This doesn't happen without unanimous support. The Sable requires it. From the most veteran Dragon to the newest," she said, nodding even to Elettra Vitale, "You have a vote. Any single vote against this nomination ends it. The floor is yours."

Her face turned serious, and she fell silent, allowing the group to deliberate or ask questions or do whatever it was they wished to do. Mystery-Sworn did not campaign. That wasn't how it was done - and a turning point such as this was a significant test of her leadership. The turning

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

The Bruja maintained his silence as the rest of the Dragons spoke before resting his gaze on Lina as Atticus put forth his nomination. Then he listened to the Grand Wyrm herself explain it to their unblooded Slave, showcasing herself as a clear leader who understood her responsibilities. If Elettra was to give her vote, she needed to be informed on what it all meant after all.

"I am of the same mind of Scribe James on this issue. Don't see a reason to block you, Grand Wyrm. Your efforts for the Ordo up to this point have been pretty clear,"
    he said plainly, "I approve of this nomination."

That was that. Moretti had secured two votes. Where would the rest of the Ordo fall?

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra listens to Atticus's nomination, she wasn't really sure what it meant until the Grand Wyrm explained it to her.

"Obviously I have not seen all of what you've done within the Ordo. I have however, seen your work within the Domain as the Sheriff. With that knowledge, I feel confident in saying yes to you joining the ranks in the Sworn of Mysteries."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper says nothing, taking a long moment to consider the nomination of the woman he had only spoken with a handful of times.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap speaks up, "I absolutely support the nomination." he says.

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti's face remained impassive, calm, relaxed. Each got a nod of thanks in turn. Things were going roughly as she had expected they would. A strong nomination from James; the loyalty of Dirt Nap; the newness of Vitale; the directness of Madcap...

...and the thoughtfulness of Garrett Prosper, one who was not so quick to leap without looking. She shifted slightly in her chair and leaned back into it a little, her toned left leg coming up to hook one ankle over her right knee just so. Her eyebrows raised questioningly in a silent welcome for the German's inquiries.

After all, he was no neonate.

A
    Atticus James

Atticus shifts his gaze to Garrett. "Prosper. You got something to say, or just leaving things in suspense for the fun of it?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Didn't want to jump Stray

Garrett raises on eyebrow at the other Gangrel. "For the sake of sounding contrarian? Whatever," he blinks at Lina,

"I understand you founded this Chapter House with only one other Dragon, and built the foundation for the members to flourish with your Regency and position as Sheriff as a powerful ally to the local Prince. I also understand that you place the Great Work above all else," Prosper remembered their only personal conversation. The Daeva was a battering ram.

"I would not belittle your accomplishments. Becoming Sworn of Mysteries means that you set the destiny of this entire Covenant," his eyes narrow as they sweep across the others. The statement was more for Elettra and Madcap that had known the Grand Wyrm for a blink. Aside from Atticus, from what he understood none of these Dragons knew shit about Moretti other than the fact that she was ambitious and competent. Not a single question.

"You, more than any of us, will be maneuvering on a grand scale for the Danse, and be involving yourself in the political machinations of the Prince, the Primogen, and the other Covenants. So," he takes a drink, "if all of you are so confident about one of the Sable among us, right after panicking about what happened at Court—get used to it, because you just rolled over for it without question. This is going to literally be the expectation of the Grand Wyrm moving forward," he laughs.

"Lina,"
    he tilted his head, "have you ever tried not being such a bitch sometimes?"

He drops the word casually. Gauging. She knew what he was and where he came from.

13. Likes Ruach, Domino liked this post
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.