Ended
Watch

(1401) Meeting of the Ordo Dracul

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra just sitsback watching and listening to all this back and forth about Gangrel politics.She's almost tempted just to go to the kitchen and make a bag a popcorn. What ashow, that's for damn sure. Was it wise to talk about their dirty laundry in frontof someone who is not a Gangrel? Probably not. Luckily, she is one of themwithin the Ordo so this all will stay here. It is reassuring that the Shadowsaren't the only ones that are a bit of a shit show right now.

"With all dorespect, but as Priscus to another clan, I would suggest not to air out all ofthis in mixed company." Taking a pause, "I am new to the covenant,and in all the time you've been going back and forth nothing productive isbeing done for the Ordo. Shall we get back on topic now?"

Sorry for taking so long to post, I wasn't trying to slow everyone down. I was waiting for those who were before me to post first and then my personal life got busy.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Nap, you're about to be a Scribe. You gotta use your head, man. Do what I do. Keep it simple. You hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. You hear Prosper making a play for Priscus, he probably *is*. And good for him. Your Clan's politics, in particular, can significantly affect our Order. Half the fucking Covenant could be screwed with badly by a Priscus who wasn't friendly to our interests. But that's your Family's issue to deal with. I'll trust y'all to take care of it."

Lina looked to Atticus next, letting the other Scribe do his thing with the Gangrel before his question came to her. It was a valid question, and she sure as hell wasn't one to tone police.

"To be honest, I'm not sure how that happened - given that I paid in Prestation and service for the Regency... but let's set that aside for a second. Politics is why we got slapped. I called out a security threat, which was a Harpy actively and openly reveling in torture in open Court. A Harpy decides what is socially acceptable, and her comments unchecked would lead people to believe the Court found that to be okay. Each time a Kindred rapidly approaches their Beast, they become a risk to the First. The Harpy made it seem okay publicly. I deterred publicly, because I'm Sheriff and also, torturing people for fun is fucked. I'd imagine the Prince wasn't big on having to slap her Covenantmate in public."

The Grand Wyrm folded her hands on her lap.

"As for what she meant when she thought I was throwing fire on a situation, there was a point wherein I commented to her about what I understood to be Mable Wood attempting to leverage information out of Dragons about their Discipline instructions using her title as Priscus that she isn't due - which I've now seen twice. First, I overheard Nap asking her about teaching and learning Disciplines generally. He gave an example of Protean, but made it clear that was an example and that he was talking about Disciplines in general. She told him that she'd want to know who he was teaching and what he was getting in return. The following month, I heard her ask Madcap to tell her if he teaches his Clan disciplines, plural. To be clear, aside from Protean, she doesn't get to ask that shit. Period. Anyway. Whatever Nap told the Prince, I guess she concluded I was being deceitful about that."

She shrugged.

"I did what needed to be done so we didn't live among monsters who ran the risk of breaching the First and bringing Hunters down on our head. Shit at Court right now isn't making a lot of sense, and we need to stick together, act as one, and keep our eye on the prize: the Great Work. I'm asking you to trust me here. I've brought us this far, haven't I?" **

Atticus James was an unsworn Scribe, same as her. If he wished to ask a question about their direction, that was his right. The best she could do is be straight with him.

Madcap's explosion was... well. This was a meeting to hash shit out and square it away. She didn't mind an explosion, so long as it went somewhere good.
    "You're fine, Supplicant. This is a place to hash shit out. Consider it hashed. No need to pay me Prestation for it."

-1 WP. Lina's Persuasion roll is a supporting roll to persuade the OD to trust her on this one**.

4 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-21 16:03:13 Lina Moretti rolls 13 to Manipulation + Persuasion + Striking Looks + OD Status (10 Again, WillPower) 7, 10, 6, 4, 8, 4, 10, 1, 6, 2, 1, 4, 1, 8, 6 4 successes

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods thoughtfully, listening intently to Lina Moretti's words. "Yes, Ma'am, Grand Wyrm. I see that, now." he says, seemingly receiving her advice as an enlightenment and a command.

He listens to Atticus Jame's pointed question and the Grand Wyrm's candid answer with a slight nod, taking it in.

He listens to Priscus and Slave Elettra Vitale too.

Then he says, "Well. One development I want to bring up, is connected just to my personal Study, but I want to bring it up first, 'cause I guess it could look like something else. Namely, I believe I will have the first Coil of Blood done when I wake up next, but I can see now that for the next one, I'm too soft and comfortable here. I believe for me to be best ready for the next Coil of Blood, I am going to have to rough it. I was planning on moving to sleeping in the waste, the Barrens, and living off the animal life there too, having to hunt, not using my herd." he says with determination.

He looks around. "Me being so bad at understanding the political side of things, I wanted to check that my moving to the Barrens for my own reasons, to prepare for my next Change wouldn't be a bad impression for the Order or just bad timing to do it now somehow?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Just when he thought he had lost his own cool, the Brujah makes him look like a candle next to a bonfire; the obvious Frenzy having been brought to heel. Prosper pauses as the hairs on the back of his neck raises—If this was not a Dragon meeting, bodies would be getting chewed on. He stares at Madcap as he gives Dirt Nap a second round of tongue lashing, clearly surprised at the Savage's words. "No problem. Appreciate the ear," he says, still on the edge of his own bottled emotion.

Prosper growls in the back of his throat, throwing up his hands at Atticus delivers his reasonable diatribe. The fact that he felt like an ass made him want to kick his own chair and just throw his own tantrum. What the hell did they expect when they had told him to take a back seat while the adults handled it? "Ja," he says tightly, giving the Scribe a respectful nod before turning around to return to his perch.

At Dirt Nap's response, he chews the inside of his cheek, "Ja. You are absolutely correct. You did offer me Prestation on the terms of the initial insult. I will strike that from the record. I have done you wrong, and will not bring up that point again. Lost my temper."

Of all the gathered, it was Slave's comment that takes the piss out of his rage. Prosper laughs, loudly, "Good point. Thank you, Elettra. It gets a little complicated when half our membership is of the same family." He downs a full glass of whiskey, nursing a third as the Grand Wyrm addresses Atticus' concerns.

"That was my fault, technically," he admits. No need for Lina to shoulder all the blame.

He doesn't comment on Dirt Nap suggesting Siddhartha's path of the ascetic; highly doubting anyone wanted to hear his two cents right now.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Atticus James

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-27 00:02:38 Atticus James rolls 9 to Resolve + Composure + OD Status (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 5, 5, 6, 7, 3, 1, 4, 8, 4 2 successes

"Aight, I'm not pleased, but I think the Invictus Prince did what she does. Tried to protect one of her own, probably shouldn't have kicked us all in the teeth about it. Probably not the best move."

Atticus looked to the group, gives Eevee a nod, "You ain't gonna be a Slave for long, that's for sure." Another Blackbird on their hands, he certainly hoped it would go better for this one.

"We good Cap." Atticus just gives him a little nod of his head, water bridged.

"Congrats Clay, seriously, I hope it all goes right for you."

Atticus looks to Garrett and just wiggles his empty glass.

"Court happened, we ain't gonna fix it in a day. Let's move on. I got some business to bring to the table. Grand Wyrm, can I have the floor?" Atticus asks as he stands, with what may or may not be an empty glass, depending on what ze german decides to do.

L
    Lina Moretti

I'm going to keep this rolling, as we only have a few days left and a couple pieces of business are still on the table.

"I think you moving to the Barrens would absolutely leave a bad impression, and more importantly -- the greater test for the Beast is not forced starvation, if you ask me. No, I think the greater test is to have an abundance of food all around you, and to force yourself not to consume it. To drive the Beast mad and shake the chains with how badly it wants, but cannot have. That is how I would prepare your soul for the transformation."

She looked to Prosper. The German would help her, as would Madcap.

"Speaking of which, Prosper, Madcap - I will shortly be undergoing a Chrysalis as well. I will ask that you both keep an eye on me while I do. Should I fall to the Beast... do what must be done. I'll be in the tank."

Moretti gave a confident smile to the pair. She knew the Soul, and had been readying her body, readying her mind. She just needed the right stimulus, the right shake to her Soul to prepare it for the next step...

Atticus requested the floor. She nodded her assent and gestured to him. It was all his.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap looked at Elettra, the intensity of having overcome frenzy still decorating his features. Her attempt to dissuade the situation by mentioning her position did little to impress the Bruja. The Shadows and Savages functioned differently. To Madcap, Vitale was just another Kindred in the city. He didn't care about her place as her clan's head. It didn't affect him.

Nonetheless, the Savage said nothing.

Instead, Madcap relaxed back into his chair and offered nods to both Atticus and Lina as both addressed him directly. He'd leave the issue of the Gangrel alone and if the Grand Wyrm wanted him to guard her and eliminate her should it be necessary... so be it.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Bump Ruach "Bump" this post
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra nods and smiles as Herr Prosper and Atticus both compliment her. Both men she respects for different reasons. She noticed Madcap looking at her and gives him a side glance and half smile, unsure of what he was feeling.

She sat a bit taller in her chair and just kept listening intently to what the others had to say. At this point she didn't have anything worth adding so she kept silent so that the meeting could keep moving forward.

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens and nods to Garrett Prosper as he acknowledged the boon and withdrew his statement.

At Lina Moretti's statement and advice, Dirt Nap nods low and slow, almost like a bow. "Thank you, Grand Wyrm. I will stay in residence." he says.

He turns his attention to Atticus James.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

At Lina's reveal, Prosper looks noticeably impressed. Three Coils in—at least from his perspective—rapid succession. The woman had unyielding ambition, and it was easy to see why the Prince enacted such a heavy handed response against the rising Neonate. The Grand Wyrm's request for himself and Madcap to stand vigil was another thing he didn't expect, glancing at the other. "Let me know when," he said, noticeably more serious than the usual.

Garrett raises his eyebrow at the Scribe's gesture, not sure if Atticus was posturing or just being funny. At this point, he didn't really care, just offering him the whole damn bottle.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.