Ended
Watch

(1401) Meeting of the Ordo Dracul

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra nods as Lina talks, "Thank you, Grand Wyrm, I will move in as soon as possible."

She sees Atticus' scar, very sick!

Listening to Dirt Nap...I hope he does succeed, I really enjoy talking with him. She gives him a nod and a smile in a way to show her support.

Not really knowing what to do or say, she watches and listens in order to learn what she can.

L
    Lina Moretti

Each spoke, some with progress, some with salutations for good efforts. Atticus James had succeeded; Dirt Nap believed himself close. "Good! Then Atticus James, let it be formally known that you are a Scribe of the Order. Congratulations!" A broad smile crossed the Grand Wyrm's face, genuine joy for the progress in the Great Work writ all over her face. She turned her attention to the younger-looking Gangrel, and nodded. "And as for you, Dirt Nap - good. We shall monitor you, and make sure you're secure as you take your journey. I can't wait to hear of your success."

The alternative, of course, was the loss of everything that made him him. It was always a risk; hopefully, she didn't have to conduct a second funeral in short order.

Looking to the group, she said, "Next, I'd like to get a status report from each of you. Please, report on anything that you have seen that would be of interest to the Order. Threats. Discoveries. Politics. Anything you think we all need to know. There are those who would drag us away from our scholarship, from our Great Work. We must always be vigilant..."

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap gives a nod as Lina welcomes him to reside within the walls of the Chapterhouse.

"Consider me invested, Grand Wyrm, I'd be glad to reside here," he says. A simple affirmation. It beat sleeping in a closet and he had a few things set aside for a rainy day that could help here. His boons were theirs and vice versa. And, hell, beats sleeping in closets or the earth. The manor even has a garage.

"Congratulations, Atticus," the Savage offers, his voice relaying the compliment for what it was: genuine. A nod is leveled at Atticus as a signal of respect.

As Garrett brought out the bottle, the Bruja would smirk and shrug to announce his interest.

Why not?

Dirt Nap's report peaks the Bruja's interest. It was wise among Dragons to consider the chance of failure, but too few voiced it. This soft-spoken Savage seemed to understand it. He risked Torpor or worse. Such were the trials of battling against the coils of the Beast within.

The smirk remained as Elettra again shows her enthusiasm. Its a long road she's chosen, but Madcap thinks she just might have the gusto to hit the ground running. He could be wrong, of course, but he doubted it in this instance.

Then the Grand Wyrm asked about threats. Madcap leaned forward, a hand traveling up to scratch at his chin idly as he collected his thoughts. He was new to Sacramento. Newer than any of those currently assembled. Thus, he could only report on the obvious ones.

"Well, there's the elephant in the room," the Bruja states, his tone even and clear, "Seems to me the greatest threat we have going against us as a whole is political in nature. Reality is a schism could easily rise from all the shit that happened at the formal. Some didn't take too kindly to the Order as a whole voicing our concerns over the whole Harpy thing. Some even seem to think they know the Beast better than those who actively study it and try to overcome."

And they're fucking idiots for thinking so.

A pause follows, as Madcap wracks his mind about how to put that last thought politely as he looked around, eyeing each Dragon in turn.

"Foolish as it is for them to think so," he continues, "They believe it and, frankly, that's a belief that'd be hard to adjust. So, if I can make a suggestion, I think it's best for us to either pull back a bit from the political side of things 'til the Lords simmer down and stop spouting bullshit... Or we show the Domain that we're an asset. Remind them why they need us."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Steven

All, I am pausing this meeting until the current situation at court is addressed, as the results of the court situation will impact this thread.

S
    Steven

I think we can safely unpause this thread and continue, but please be cognizant that court is still ongoing and this thread happens AFTER court.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper perks up at his favourite subject: Vampire political tears. "Correction," he snaps his finger with a small nod at Madcap, "Alessandra Antinori does not give a single fuck about Clan or Covenant. She believes a flag of favourtism will cause us to kick at the legs of her throne. Her reactions was likely that she has a Coeterie with the Harpy, and Vivian York rolling over tells me that...apparently Alessandra does not remember she is Invictus," he snorts a laugh.

"Dramatic moments terrify her, because she only knows how to deal with matters with a hammer. That was just her reminding her Court that she holds Domain and not the Grand Wyrm. I give it a couple of months with exactly as you suggested, Supplicant Madcap. Keeping the headache for the Prince to handle was what this Chapter has wanted since the start. Trying to get Boons over individual Dragons was not the dumbest maneuver I have seen." The Savage grins as he lounges,

"As for Lords. I really would not worry."

Fuck the Harpy.

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is perfectly still and listens to the other reports, and watches as the talk turns to political assessments and predictions. Not his area of expertise at all. He listens all the more intently for the knowledge or at least opinions that he lacks.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra sits back, looking relaxed as she watches and listens to the others. She is unsure if she should say anything, she doesn't want to add in useless chit chatter. But is happy to be a part of the meeting and the chance to learn as much as she can. Until she has something of use to add, she lets the others go on.

L
    Lina Moretti

"We've long since proven ourselves, Madcap. That was me getting chewed out and shown my place." She shrugged. There were plenty of times where Alessandra let her do literally whatever the hell she felt like. It had gone far to ensuring Lina was loyal; indeed, the fact that there had only been one such showdown between them was the reason why Moretti hadn't said much beyond accepting the situation. "One of two options is true. Either the Prince is tossing out our alliance, or I will simply have to fix a couple of problems for her and demonstrate to her that I'm still on side, like she said in front of everyone. The former would be regrettable... but unlikely, because her other choice of allies is the Circle of the Crone, almost all of whom have pissed her off royally." She shrugged. "The latter? That's straightforward. I take care of problems for a living."

Garrett Prosper's point brought a smile to the Grand Wyrm's face.

"Yeah, that last bit was a move to get Prestation on the Ordo Dracul. You folks do what you want with respect to that."

She tapped her cheek a couple of times and turned her attention to the watchful Gangrel, ever so quiet, sitting there, taking it all in.

"Hey, Nap. You're sitting there mighty quiet. There's one piece that's missing in all this. The Prince said I wasn't honest about a thing, and the only Priscus I talked about to her about an issue was yours, about something I saw with respect to you. Did you tell the Prince something silly, Supplicant? Or was that Mable Wood?"

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap looks startled at Lina Moretti's question. "Grand Wyrm Moretti?" he says, apparently thinking back, hard.

"I...honestly can't recall saying anything to contradict anything I ever heard you say." Dirt Nap says, thoughtfully.

He pauses. "The only time I said anything to correct anything about Priscus Wood, would have been in the Gangrel Clan meeting, when Supplicant Prosper was laying out a case against Priscus Wood's leadership, and he said that she'd used her position over us Grangrels who are Dragons to make us report to her what we were learning." Dirt Nap recalls.

"Well, I did have to correct that, because the conversation had been in the Court with Priscus Wood that anyone there could plainly hear she only asked me to tell her if anyone asked me to teach them the Clan discipline, Protean." Dirt Nap says.

"Really, anyone who was there, particularly the Prince, would have already known what she actually said, so if I stayed quiet, and didn't correct it right when Supplicant Prosper made the accusation, it would have made us all look bad."

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.