Ended
Watch

(1401) Meeting of the Ordo Dracul

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Time to begin. Noting that all of those she expected were here save for Wilhelm, who was late, the Grand Wyrm found her seat. Surely the Ventrue would arrive - or explain his absence later on. He was new in town. These things were opportunities.

"Dragons. Please welcome our newest Dedicated arrival, Supplicant Madcap. It is my absolute pleasure to welcome you to the seat of our strength, the symbol of our Chapter's unity and our commitment to the Great Work. Before we begin with our Order's business, I wish to ensure all of you know Elettra Vitale, Priscus of Clan Mekhet."

She gestured to the nurse Shadow, who had convinced her and Garrett Prosper alike that she was suitable.

"Ms. Vitale, you have stepped forward to seek formal admission as a Slave of the Ordo Dracul. You have been evaluated, and found to be ready to begin training - but we require one more step from you. An Oath, sworn before us all. An Oath on your very Requiem. Our Order is one that holds many secrets. Our Great Work requires us to transcend the Curse, passed down onto our kind by God. Here, we drive forward against stagnation and show God that he cannot chain us. Our Covenant demands nothing less than your absolute fidelity. Our methods must remain shrouded. Our Coils of the Dragon, those advancements, must remain secret. Understand that we will demand much of you. Slaves answer to all those above them in the Hierarchy, and through defeating the Curse bit by bit with the help of your mentors and with the strength of your Soul, you will rise."

She stood up, and she stepped forward toward the young Slave.

"Elettra Vitale, this is your last chance to walk away... but if you would be our sister, then swear to us all that you will have no loyalty above your studies. Swear to us all that you will understand, accept and embrace purposeful change. And swear to us all that you will take responsibility for all that you are and all that you do. These are our Principia Draconis. These guide our Order. And they will guide you in the challenging nights to come."

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra was a bit nervous as she sat amongst the Dragons. As the Grand Wyrm introduced her, Elettra nods her head respectfully to everyone there. She listens carefully and intently to all of which Lina has to say. Unsure if it was the right thing to do, but as Lina stepped towards her, Elettra stands as well.

Elettra nods as Lina speaks of the oath, with confidence in her voice, "I will not be walking away, this IS where I belong. I swear to have no loyalty above my studies. I swear that I will understand, accept and embrace purposeful change. And I swear that I will take responsibility for all that I am and all that I do."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper sits heavily on one of the chairs as the Grand Wyrm starts her address.

Fine. Party later.

He flashes teeth at Madcap with her formal introduction, and watches the one that wanted to call him Mentor fall into her usual vocal habits. As she takes her oath, he smiles at her like a cat with a mouse, deciding then he would no longer ask her polar questions. She had a fire that desperately needed to have gasoline thrown on it.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Atticus James

Atticus looks to the newest Slave and gives her a wink of welcome. As Garrett looks like he is going to put the drinks away, The Scribe raises an eyebrow, points to Garrett, points to the bottle, and then just nods his head. Atticus' Drinking buddy better start pouring.

Ah, so this is Madcap. He and that boy would need to have a conversation real quick. "Welcome Supplicant." Atticus says to the biker with the beard.

Speaking of conversations, Atticus did not acknowledge Gangrel Whip's presence.

Eevee had good words, she answered the question as correctly as she could. She's in the right place.

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods to Madcap at his formal introduction and title.

He listens attentively to Grand Wyrm Lina Moretti and then Elettra Vitale's oath of slavery to the Great Work.

He notes Atticus ignoring him. "Huh." he says, quietly.

He also notes the absence of the other new Dragon he spoke with at Court, Wilhelm.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

At the formal greeting of the Grand Wyrm, Madcap looks to those assembled.

Elettra's declaration receives some reaction from the Bruja. His brows peak as she speaks, but he says nothing. Thankfully, Lina and the others came off as a blunt lot. That meant Vitale knew what she was getting into.

"Look forward to working with you all," he says simply, granting a nod to Atticus, who had spoken to him specifically.

Beyond that, Madcap relaxes, waiting for the pleasantries to get over with. Then, it's on to the meat of their meeting.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

"Then welcome to the Ordo Dracul, Slave Vitale."

With a nod, the Grand Wyrm stepped back and found her chair once more, relaxing into it. The formal bit had been completed.

"Dragons are welcome to reside here with Tenancy in the Regency of Florin, so long as they contribute to this Haven and contribute to the defense of the Chapter and of Florin, and maintain the secrecy of our home. We have plenty of space in which to live, work and study. Slave Vitale, I'll expect you to be moved in shortly so that you can begin your residency here. Supplicant Madcap, you are of course free to reside where you will - but you would be quite welcome here."

She flashed the new Gangrel a polite smile.

"Tell me of your studies, Dragons. Have any of you achieved Chrysalis since last we met?"

One, she knew of. A formal announcement of title would come tonight. Had another risen? Would they let themselves be known?

A
    Atticus James

Atticus just stood up. "Grand Wyrm, Fellow Dragons. I have looked into the eyes of the beast, through fire, through hunger and through pain." He paused for a moment letting his mind scroll through everything that had happened. Letting himself revisit the pain for a moment, it was exhilarating.

"I have mastered my second coil, the beast is further tamed. I wear this scar as a result." Atticus runs a finger from the corner of his eye, to his cheek bone, bringing attention to the scar that was a result of his Chrysalis. "I wear it proudly."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper grins. Far be it from him to turn down a request from a superior. He pours them both a drink and offers Elettra a glass as she returns from her Oath, smiling at her with good humour. She knew how to carry herself, it was unfair for him to project his own taste for shit-disturbing.

He looks at the other three briefly if they signal their want for libations in service to the Self.

With Atticus' announcement he raises his glass, "Sick scar," he laughs, "your victory was well-earned." He lounges in his chair as he waits for anyone else.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods in agreement with Garrett Prosper's sentiment and smiles at Atticus and in acknowledgment of his achievement.

To the Grand Wyrm Lina Moretti's question, he answers, "Not yet, Ma'am, Grand Wyrm Moretti. I am close. I had a breakthrough, and I think in a day or two, I will lie down and either wake up with the first Coil of Blood under my belt, or not wake up at all."

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.