Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"I'll help. However I can." Dirt Nap says solemnly. He owed Blackbird that much at least.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett straightens, sitting properly as the Grand Wyrm as she gives her thanks. He puts the glass down when the subject of Blackbird is broached.

"I will attend," he responds, humour evaporating with the gravity of the act she was to perform. Sacrifices weren't meant to be buried in shame.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra's feels for her covenant mates and the loss they have endured. She didn't know Blackbird very well, they only talked a little bit here and there. With a somber tone to her voice, "If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask."

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap's phone buzzes. He slips it out and looks and says in an apologetic tone. "I am sorry. I have to take this."

He heads out of the room and the house, on the way out saying, "I understand. I will be there as soon as I can get there. No matter what."

Dirt Nap exits the scene.

A
    Atticus James

Atticus stood... slowly. He looks to the room and the to Lina. He steps away for a moment. His back to the room as he looks out the window. He's not crying or even holding back tears, his body language is just... there.

His torso expands and contracts slowly, unnecessarily. Kindred don't breath. Kindred don't feel. Kindred are monsters. Violent, blood drinking, monsters. Parasites. They don't feel, they are not human. They pretend to be in order to get what they need to survive. Just beasts driven by lust and hunger.

Aren't they?

Atticus spent another few seconds looking out the window, his breathing had stopped. He turned back to the Grand Wyrm and his covenant mates.

"My respect's already been paid. I'll be there with you." Atticus knew that he could send Blackbird on to her next life, but the Grand Wyrm wouldn't have it. The Prince had granted it to Lina alone, and Blackbird was Lina's student.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Words words words.

The proclamation of the impending Final Death hung heavy in the air. The gathered Dragons moved to affirm their desire to be there for the Grand Wyrm when the blade falls. Madcap was less sure. He did not know the Slave and would provide little comfort.

"If you need anything following the act, I'll be around, Grand Wyrm," he offered. He wouldn't disrespect the delicate nature of what was to come by being there. "Blackbird should have the dignity of heading to the end among those she knew."

They shared a covenant, but the act was not something Madcap was meant to witness. The death throes of the Kindred was a desperate, delicate thing. Lost to the Beast or no, Madcap would spare Blackbird the blackmark of a stranger bearing witness to her finality.

Still the Savage did not depart. Judging by the Grand Wyrm's words, Madcap assumed she intended to go to another room to commit the Slave's destruction.

L
    Lina Moretti

I'm going to wrap this up here with this post to finish the Blackbird arc and move toward ending the scene, as we are overtime (with ST permission).

Raising an eyebrow at Dirt Nap's sudden departure in response to a telephone call, the Grand Wyrm's jaw set in a grimace of grief. She nodded to Madcap. The choice was respectable. A hand gestured toward the room in which the black-clothed box had been stored, and the Daeva led the way.

Once everyone had entered the room who was going to, she removed the lid. There lay Blackbird, covered by a black cloth up to her neck, her face beautiful as ever even as the cloth covered the ravages of the Daeva's vicious cut and thrusts that had sent her into Torpor. The cloth raised at chest level unnaturally at a point where the stake rested in her heart.

Moretti grit her teeth. It was all she could do not to sob. To take a life was brutal. To have to take the life of one's own friend and student...

"The Great Work was never meant to be easy. It takes everything we have, and sometimes, it can take everything we are. Remember the lesson. Remember that this could be any of us, if we fail in our discipline, if we do not prepare ourselves appropriately, if we allow ourselves to be distracted."

She drew forth her knife.

"Thank you. All of you. Nobody should have to do this Work alone."

Tenderly, she cupped the fallen Bird's cheek with her other hand, peering down at the fallen Daeva for the last time. Her arm was fast, so fast you could have almost missed it as it plunged through the cloth, as the knife traced down the line of the stake and plunged into Blackbird's heart.

She was young. She wouldn't turn to ash immediately, even if a piece of Lina Moretti's heart and connection to Humanity did. Something tweaked in the back of the Daeva's mind, some piece snapped --

-- but the Coil of the Soul did its work, and as the Sheriff's tears began to run, she looked so real...

Lina Moretti uses Killing Blow to execute Blackbird.

fail Humanity, welcome to Derangementville
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-10 13:23:08 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Degeneration (10 Again) 1, 1, 4, 5, 7 failure
    2019-05-10 13:22:57 Lina Moretti rolls 3 to Humanity (Blackbird nooooo; 3 dice per ST) (10 Again) 7, 6, 2 failure

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett Prosper mutters something quietly in his native tongue after the act is done, and grimaced as he watched Moretti. As Blackbird fell to ash, the Gangrel was oddly removed from the scene in comparison to his earlier signals of compassion.

Words of encouragement are given to Atticus and Lina once some time passes, remaining present to the end.

Good to wrap, thanks for the Scene everyone.

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.