Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Flare) Beacon Unwelcome

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    S
    Shodan

The Libertine whistles in awe and wonder, for a second seemingly unaware of his surroundings.

"Gold, silver, bronze... an iron core, expectedly. Also, lead. Lots of it, more than you would expect from an object this size" Shodan is crouching, gaze set on the sphere as if he expects it to grow legs and run "The amount of elements in this thing is staggering, and it is all made by hand. I also detect a great deal of energy, it seems to have... softened the sphere a bit" He turns to his companions, hand stretched towards the sphere's symbols "Now, those things - I don't think they are linked to Atlantis, so maybe whoever made it wasn't one of ours. The funny thing is - even the tripod needed some serious mastery to craft, and its design is so similar to the sphere's that you can bet your ass they have the same author"

Now, Shodan would love to meet the person that made them. Steal some ideas. As for suggestions...

"We should move the sphere to the Circle, get some more sets of eyes on it. Langdon, maybe?" That guy was really smart when it came to symbols, plus he seems to have Space in spades "Also, since there's a man of the law among us" A glance and a wink at Juris "then I am not the one suggesting that we could break into the Californian DMV's database and compare the cars' license plates with their registered owners, who I'm guessing are these poor fuckers" A nod at the tassified corpses "From there it's a matter of detective man-hours to work out the connections between them and just what they've been up to in the past few days" He says "Bet we could even home in on our master craftsman"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

J
    Juris

A Demense and a soulstone, that was not good to hear, especially when it was created in such a way. But the even weirder thing was to hear that it was summoned possibly without Arcana. "Summoned without magic? Thats....something I've never heard before. Hell, this whole thing is pushing my knowledge to the limit to be honest."

Then Shodan spoke. "This might sound like a crazy idea, but we may want to consider the idea of using the sphere's current state as a chance to destroy it. Crazy, I know, but I'm concerned about us moving it and causing more problems with Sleepers. As far as I can tell the Angel was here, then vanished just as quickly. I looked over across the Gauntlet and saw a golden hued impression of the farm but no spirits. The only thing there was a blizzard of weak little motes but I don't know what they are. Wherever the Angel went it's not in the Shadow Realm. Now, could it have gone to the Astral? Maybe. Back where it came? Possibly. Either way, it's not here and it scares me to think what it could be doing. But much of this is outside my scope, so I'll follow both of your leads."

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-26 15:40:15 Juris rolls 7 to Int 3 + occult 4 (10 Again) 1, 7, 1, 4, 3, 7, 6 failure

Current Spells

Sorry for the delay. Rolled to see if Juris knew what could happen if they tried to destroy the artefact.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Anathema, heresy, blasphemy. The Guardian looked at the Ladder in the same way he would have regarded somebody suggesting he'd sacrifice his firstborn.
    Demesnes were a fragment of supernal, to even entertain the thought of defiling one conjured images of Nefandi. Unutterable, irreconcilable, unforgivable crimes of hubris. More than one Guardian had crossed the line, risking his life to protect one of those sacred places.
    Hallows deserved similar protection, but unlikely, right now it was beyond the Guardian's reach.
    "I will kill any person who dares to harm this Demesne", he states bluntly.

Stats

S
    Shodan

"I..." he was going to say something like 'I don't think that's the best idea', but Winter... well, Winter is being himself "Uh, yeah. That. How about we take it down a notch? Like we don't have enough people trying to kill us" He says "But we're definitely not destroying this thing, especially when we know so little about it. I still say we bring it to the Circle"

He is thinking very hard on what to do. This is beyond what the Libertine is used to, on many levels.

"We could, uh... we could use sodium hydroxide to take care of the bodies. The cars probably have keys in ignition, so we can just drive away and disassemble or burn them" Shodan could do both, if only the others were agreeable "Beyond that, it's what I said. DMV then the tedious data mining"

J
    Juris

Juris threw up his hands. "Hey. No reason to be so intense. I said this whole thing was pushing my knowledge and I'd follow both of your leads. I also said it may sound crazy, so...there's that. No reason to immediately jump to threats." Winter was exactly as you'd expect a Guardian to be it seemed.

Looking to Shodan he cringed at the thought of it all. "I really don't like the idea of getting rid of the bodies, but in their current sate they can't stay here." This was no crime scene, and yet Juris couldn't shake the fact that to mundane eyes they were concealing evidence of...something. "Circle is fine, but if this is a beacon, what are we going to do if the Angel returns, but inside the Circle? I wouldn't want the Consilium to end up like these guys."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

It has been about two weeks since the last post. I've been under the impress you were still discussing what to do next. Shall I wrap the scene here and move things along?

S
    Shodan

I was waiting for Winter 's input as Sentinel, I think he is 'in charge' of this investigation and can decide if any of the ideas floated so far are worth following Vincent Yumyumcrow

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

To be fair I was waiting for the ST's input. But yeah, we can move forward. We still have to check the cars

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The barn has little more to offer.

The five bodies are covered in Tass crystals.

The Demesne is focussed, naturally, on the metal sphere. It isn't a Soulstone in the conventional sense but it functions in a similar way.

The Hollow is forming in the barn roughly where the five bodies lay out a pentagram shape. Once the Hollow has stabilised it will be a reasonably potent node (Rank 3).
    Winter turns his attention to the cars. One is a battered pick up; the others are much more mundane and well-to-do. They would not look out of place (family cars) individually, but the group of them together would look a little suspicious. The vehicles are unlocked - evidence that the group felt very safe here - if anyone wishes to examine them more deeply before heading to the main house (which is likewise unlocked).

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread