Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Guardian's eyes wandered from the Libertine to the rest. He didn't object to the First Talon's proposal, at this point they were racing against time and a Sentinel was needed to teach them the basics of OPSEC.
    "My observations don't align with the Libertine's own", the birdwatcher plays with the card between his fingers, "I wasn't shoot at. I spent the past two days dry cleaning myself, therefore the tracking must have been by brush contact. Either the card - but it's unlikely - or the plate of dust they dropped over my clothes", he shrugs.
    "I was able to drop them off my tail while they were less than a hundred yards away. So the tracking they used against me was not a high resolution one... for now"

He turns to the Libertine, "Yes, I did have a polite conversation with the agent in charge, to elicit some information. After all, knowing your enemy is our tradecraft. From my stakeout of the area, my take is that our opponent was surveillance aware. The building was a mere backstop to draw us out and both the van and the black cars were conspicuously parked to give us the impression that something big was boiling. Hunting packs need to be inconspicuous, while those agents were outfitted with badges and trained to identify themselves. Everything implies the SSG and SOG might be involved, needless to say, they're professionals at their jobs", it was more a show of grudging respect for his fellow spooks than a jab at the Libertine. Counterintelligence was a hard and unglamorous post.
    "Most agents are motivated by one of these: money, ideology, coercion and ego. In the case of the FBI, you have the three Bs - Booze, broads, and bucars", he dangled the card in front of Alastor like a treat, "It's up to you, First Talon, to discover what motivates our dear Agent Yancey. Assuming it is his real name", even though, sleepers couldn't fake their sympathetic links.
    "Spying is the second-oldest profession after prostitution, they have a lot in common. One thing, is that amateurs rarely get too far", and with that, his argument was laid to rest.

G
    Galatea

Galatea was listening to the differing stories on the process. The specifics didn't matter much to Galatea- if they shot her, they could track her. That offered a few ideas.. Anyways.

"Should we be expecting regular firearms then, after the tracking?"

She turned to Alastor's offer, her tail flitting back and forth
    "I will take you up on the offer. Ah... If I may interject, I'm also looking for a teacher. My knowledge of magical matters is sparse, even regarding my own abilities. Is there another Thyrsus here that could teach me? I recognize this isn't the most ideal time, but we rarely all get together- and I still don't know everyone well enough yet."

At the talk of a Sentinel, Galatea didn't speak. She'd support Phoenyx of course- she was an arrow, that just made sense and went without saying. At Winter's demeanor and words regarding the agent, Galatea chuckled a bit.

"A pest should never underestimate the alligator just because it seems lazy and slow at times. Such foolish creatures rarely get too far- and the alligator remains well fed because of it."

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    J
    Juris

"Hold up," Juris said, leaning forward. "So this magic FBI thinks Shodan blew up a building, and you found this out by sitting down and having a polite conversation with the man? How many of this Agents saw your face?" Juris was starting to worry about just how serious the whole situation was. Maybe it was the lawyer in him. Extra cautious. Never completely certain. Always thinking. Unfortunately he was still new, so all he could really do was watch how the mages of Sacramento handled the threat.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

"Pseudo-etheric radiation... So these agents have figured out how to mimic the Supernal or am I not understanding that right? Also isn't that something our Theurgists could work with?" Unless B-grade scifi film nonsense is actually just B-grade film scifi non-sense in which case Langdon has nothing.

That is the only question the Moros asks as he shifts to hear Winter's answer to Juris's question. At the worst Winter may share how he got that information.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella's eyes narrow and he tilts his head (and, to a certain extent, his body) to one side as he absorbs the suggestions of his fellow Awakened. He is also trying to keep up with the developing conversation while he ruminates with himself.

Slowly, the Hierarch shifts into a more forward leaning position. Chin now supported on his hands.

"Well... If that is the general consensus..." He spoke to himself as much as anyone else.

Then, clearing his throat.

"I shall appoint Winter as Sentinel. I feel he has taken on the role of our collective conscience already; and his Order affiliations speak for themselves. So - Winter shall be our Sentinel."

A turn slightly to Alastor.

"I know that this is possibly not what you wanted. However, now you and your... Cabal... can focus more on our external threats."

At present the Arrows were both an Order and a Cabal. He chose to focus on Cabal - by implication he was suggesting that Cabals should now take a more leading role in the Consilium. Maybe he would be heard?

"And I support Winter's actions, Juris. Sometimes the only way forward is to reveal oneself and in so doing, obtain crucial intelligence of one's opponents."

It also meant the agency would be more likely to focus on the Guardian and whatever little traps and distractions he might concoct.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nods along to Alastor's assessment. Shielding their glyphs was the obvious counter, if it worked. Perhaps her studies needed to lean more towards Prime out of necessity. Force would have to wait. But then...

Sentinel?!

The Arrow took pride in the fact that it took a lot to blindside her, but the First Talon had done it. Wide-eyed, she stares at Alastor, a small smirk tugging at her lips.She tries to be nonchalant, but she's standing taller, pride almost palpable around her. Of course she could do it.

Winter's information was more useful points to slot away. But she can't resist commenting. "I was told it was warriors rather than spies. But the reason was still the same."

She shrugs at Galatia. "I can show you theory. If it's Arcana you want to learn, Aurora would know." A nod to the Life master. It was hard to take Galatia seriously with that shark head.

At Campenella's announcement, the young Arrow tries not to look crestfallen, though her eyes drop to the floor. Stop. Think. Winter is older. More experienced. He's smart. He's the right choice. Titles are not important to Arrows. We do our duty.

Still. Then people would see how good I am.

She gives Winter a respectful (If somewhat stiff) nod, and turns to the Hierarch. "Winter... is the right choice. As you say, this keeps our Cabal flexible." The words, like her posture are a little forced, but saying them helps. The firebird recognises their Wisdom as she looks to the newly appointed Sentinel. "So far I am at a loose end, other than being on call. If you need hands or minds somewhere, let me know."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens calmly, showing just a little emotion when Alastor suggests either Phoenyx or Winter for Sentinal. It looks like pride.

At the Hierarch, Campanella's pronouncement, Kaze nods slightly in acknowledgement at Wisdom. He doesn't look at Phoenyx either in the moment or when she speaks, though he nods again slightly at her words.

He looks over at Shodan, judging how the Free Council man is taking things.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

Shodan observes Winter shift back from calling him by name to Orded designation. Shame. They had a good thing going... probably.

"Must've been the dust. Either way - pellet or cloud - the difference is cosmetic" He doesn't feel like commenting on the rest of Winter's enunciations. It's not like he has anything constructive to add, anyway. Then he turns to Galatea "Nope. A tracking gun stays a tracking gun, it doesn't fire actual bullets" and Langdon "They certainly mimic the means of the Supernal. To understand the actual process I'd need at least some documentation" as brilliant as the Libertine was, after all, there's only so much you can learn from a device out of context.

The matter of Sentinel... is a conflict for Shodan. On the one hand, if there absolutely must be more structure, he'd much prefer the position filled by Phoenyx than Winter. The Prime Mover is even prepared to speak out on her behalf, but stays silent when the Bird herself concedes defeat. For a moment, Kaze will notice, Shodan looks resigned, like he was just struck a blow. But then, his expression shifts to a small smile - so far, Winter was largely unaccountable, but as a Consilium officer...

Yes, maybe it's not such a bad thing after all.

"Okay, so the way I'm reading the room we've stepped away from the 'monster of the week' thing, and the, uh... election is over as well, so - I'd like to make everyone aware that there's a new cabal in town. Abacus, Kasterborous, Langdon and I have decided to form Think Tank to provide all kinds of specialized knowledge that'd help the Aegis do their job, and the Bane theirs. Also, you know, personal edification is a thing, so we'll probably have something for you soon in the Masonic Temple, our sanctum" The main cue for the announcement, however, was Campanella's use of the word 'cabal'. Sounds like he has something in mind for the concept in Sacramento.

A
    Alastor

The First flashed Phoenyx a grin when she looked shocked. It didn't pan out, this time, but whatever. Now, she knew.

Alastor shrugged to Campanella. "Given that I just recommended either my sergeant or the Guardian to you, I'm really fine either way. There's ass needs kicking, and training needs doing. We'll get to it." Life really was more straightforward that way. Phoenyx was ready for such a posting, but Winter was a talented spook with tenure. He was a fine choice, a choice that would be made better with the stamp of legitimacy that the Heirarch's appointment would bring. Aegis had no such need. Theirs was a legitimacy born in honor and action.

Shodan's announcement of the Think Tank cabal brought a smile to Alastor's face. "Good shit. We'll have to tag you in. Lots of intel needs getting. Who's your Sigil Holder?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Guardian's gaze shifts between the Ladder and the Hierarch, "I'm versed in the intricacies of the Mind. Rest assured that they won't think of the person they've interrogated any more than the rest of the witnesses they had to interview that day, considered some of the ones they caught that day bore the evident marks of the Supernal. If there was a camera recording me, all the better. Nevertheless, they didn't even ask me to show an id card or any other document. I would have preferred if they had focused their attention on me, yes", he says looking at Shodan, "it would have made my job easier".

Sentinel, he didn't like the sound of it, but he understood they were in a bind. "I will accept the appointment", he said glancing sideways toward Phoenyx, "with a caveat. It shall be temporary, until this FBI emergency has come to pass", it was really an Arrow's job.

"Hierarch, as I see it, our investigation is at a crossroad. For the sake of expediency, one group should handle the technical investigation of the device. This new cabal", he said looking at the Libertine, "seems to possess the required skill set. Another group should proceed with the tracking of the arsonist and his abyssal dealings. A third team should assist in the effort of the second and at the same time seek to apply pressure on the FBI, starting with tracking this Agent Yancey. For that matter I request the assistance of the First Talon and of another Arrow of his choosing".

15. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread