Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(1904) Gathering at Dusk

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    G
    Galatea

Galatea's tail twisted so, as interesting ideas swam in her head. She had no idea what the Prideful-looking one was speaking of about sympathy- however if they were capable of tracking magic...

"If they can track magi-... Wait, do you mean to say they can merely track the casting of our spells, or do you mean to say they can also track the aftereffects of them?"

Galatea wasn't much for magical theory, but that seemed an important distinction. Her transformations relied on magic to start, yes, but the spell didn't require constant expenditures (and the result of her transformations were "natural"... more or less); same with her shields. While she was no expert on magic by any means, she was smart enough to notice that basic distinction.

"If they can track magic effects even after casting, then anyone using shielding spells could have already been marked right?..."

She'd taken Alastor's advice (or, orders) and now maintained a constant shield on her person. She was, understandably, somewhat concerned hearing about this. Still...

"....Anyways. If you need a tank on the ground while you guys do this stuff, I'm probably the best bet- or another arrow, though based on what you've all said here they'll probably be needed to deal with the magical crazies going on considering they've experience in the matter."

Given that she had no experience in these past endeavors, and her lack of magical knowledge, she wouldn't be as effective against these Uber-mages and their magical measuring contest. But against humans, specifically ones with experience dealing with magic?

"My healing isn't magical... Er... Not like my spells anyways? And if they use toxins or non-lethal devices, my transformations can help- they can also mask my identity. Against mundane weaponry, unless they're about to chuck missilles or insane amounts of voltage my way, I can take it."
    And at the end of the day, no one expected the giant shark cannonball.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The young Arrow gives Langdon a nod. "Separate things. There were two artifacts found by Winter, Cosmo and myself. There was the pyramid Aurora, Alastor and I found in the Seer sanctum, and a fourth item found in the Past. The latter two reacted upon entering the Circle, performing the Archmastery spell many of us saw." She pauses, thinking. "It seems that the other two artifacts, the disk and Statue held by the Guardians, may not be related... But we should not rule it out until we know for sure. Though looking into these things should take a low priority, given everything else."

She listens during Shodan's, Winter's and Kaze's reports. This information was valuable.

The shark-girl makes her smile with her commentary. "Galatia, you can't whack an Archmage over the head, and we can't use powers like your regeneration in a circumstance where people could easily capture it, like a Federal Beaureu would. The important thing for the Arrows is to be first response when it is needed - maybe act as guards some cases. We have the numbers. We need to use them. Though I share her concerns about this magical detection. If it finds our ritual castings we are all at risk." She looks from Winter to Shodan for more confirmation.

Phoenyx looks to Campenella. "Hierarch, it seems we have several immediate concerns. The potential Archmages connected to the Circle, the Circle itself following the arrival of the artifacts within it, and the rise in Federal agencies with knowledge of if not Awakened per se then at least the supernatural." The fact she is assuming control of the conversations barely crosses her mind."I recommend we divide our bodies as best we can to these most pressing tasks. Some are already well underway and bearing results," She motions to Winter and Shodan, "but the features within these walls need focus as well. If those looking into the FBIs new tech need additional help in skilks or Arcana, now is the time to say, before those of us not involved begin trying to unpick the Circle's secrets." Phoenyx becomes very much aware she ws addressing the whole Concillium with her idea, and a flicker of wariness dashes across her face before being ground under her natural stoicism.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Hades_Roses liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Shodan turns towards Phoenyx and Galatea, the two Arrows that have voiced the most concerns so far. He kind of regrets not bringing the detector along for an ad hoc presentation.

"The device detects glyphs, so yeah - they can see your shields, persistent effects and such. The range is fifteen meters, give or take, but it doesn't say how far you are - only the general direction. Also, it doesn't differentiate between Arcana. Now, here are some useful tips" For a moment, Shodan wants to bring in a whiteboard for this presentation.

"Since Legacy powers are not technically spells, using them is safe. If you can cloak your spellwork with Prime, it is undetectable. Also, if you are in dire straits and know a bit of Forces - you can make yourself invisible to machines and the detector will go nuts. Gives you time to think of something" A pause "So, as you can see - these things mean you are only moderately fucked. The GPS though? Now that's some royal-grade fuckery" Oh, the suspense. The Libertine leaves it at that.

"Anyway, if you want a Christmas present I can build you either of these" Pride ringing in his voice. Can anyone here mimic that kind of skill, huh? Can they?

At Phoenyx's offer to help, he simply states "Thanks, but... I think we got it covered?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

The Hierarch stirred.

"I can study the clock. I'm here more often than not, now. That means the rest of you can focus on other matters."

He can't help but flash a smile at Winter when the Guardian informs them of his success. Names and sympathy is a good start.

"I can make the pyramid artefact available for inspection whenever. I may even take a look at it myself, time permitting."

Turning to the Libertine: "Excellent work, Shodan."

To the Consilium as a whole. "I was planning to bring up the question of Sentinel. However, given the current circumstances I am not sure we need one. Not when the array of dangers we face is so wide ranging. I'd have thought prudence should become be uppermost in our thoughts."

No need to labour the point. No need for a policeman when Hunters and Seers are abroad; the price of a single misstep would be too high.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Instead of clarity Langdon is even more confused. He nods along as things are explained but there's a lot going on. A lot of things that may or may not be related. "I will help with any investigation into the artifacts that I am wanted." Then he frowns.

"Calling forth an Imago isn't the end of a spell. That Imago persists until the spells is complete. Whether that be instantly or days later." Galatea has a point though. "Winter did you see anything indicating that their devices pick up subtle workings or only ones that clash with the Lie more openly?"

"I am worried about what we found"
    A nod towards Kaze. "Either that explosion being caused by magic led to abyssal taint or whoever did it is deliberatieyl trying to spread the abyss." Lastly Langdon nods his head as the Heirarch has his say.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens very intently as Shodan describes the capabilities and limitations of the machine's ability to detect their magic. He nods thoughtfully.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Libertine had produced an accurate debrief, other than that, there were just the fineprint.
    "Their system doesn't seem to discriminate between active, lingering or trailing resonance. Neither the source or the strength of the affect impedes the system. So yes, even subtle spells can be detected", and that was an hypothesis validated by observation, "the practice of veiling, cloaking your spells, and hiding your aura are all valid countermeasures"

"Their tracking capabilities however, extend throughout the boundaries of the city. It's not a high precision technique and its efficacy degrades over time. Since I couldn't find any bug on myself and the only accident I can remember involved some powder, I assume it might involve some kind of radioactive isotope only their instrumentation can detect. Still, if you're ever tracked, avoid your hideouts, stick to public places and try to leave the city"
    His tongue clicked in his mouth as he heard Langdon's report. Scelesti? Damn, he instinctively thinks. "The FBI thinks Shodan is the arsonist", he deadpans.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Shodan sighs.

"What Winter said about the detector? That's true" And the Libertine has said most of it already "What he said about the tracker? He couldn't be more wrong" Where's that goddamn whiteboard when one needs it?

"First of all, radioactivity doesn't work like that, and if it was an isotope, then making this system that precise would require lethal levels of it" While thus far he was looking at the Guardian, now he addresses the whole gathering "The tracker takes the form of a gun which - using electromagnets - fires a tracking pellet built of the dust Winter is talking about. Now this means three things - first, the ammo in this thing is effectively unlimited, second - you can barely feel the impact and third - the projectile is very hard to get out" Shodan is actually extending his fingers as he counts, so that everyone can keep track "Protip: before you try, heat up the area of impact, it'll make the pellet slide out easier"

Now for the big question: how it does what it does, and how to fool it "The pellets emit a pseudo-etheric radiation, which means they are not impeded by mundane factors. Tin foil, Faraday bags, concrete - forget it. Shapeshifting, invisibility - forget it. You may be safe if you go to the Shadow, but only as long as you stay there. If you get hit, for the next 24 hours they can tell exactly where you are, and the range is half a mile" Okay, that's that. Try not to get killed, class.

"Like I said, anybody wants one - give me a holler and I'll get back to you"

What the Guardian says next, though? About the agents thinking Shodan is their suspect? That must be bullshit.

"You had tea with them and they told you as much?"

Forgive me for jumping the posting order, but Winter is wrong, and I'd like for everyone to be clear IC on how the tracker works

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow nods at Shodan's assessment. "Well. That gives us some something. But not much. We should all take more care when moving around in public. Avoid any law enforcement we can, until we can find a way to have them abandon their search."

Phoenyx looks to the Campenella. "With respect, Heirarch, should you wish to appoint a Sentinel it allows you to establish a formal hierarchy. Someone to help you co-ordinate outside of the Concillium."

This doesn't make any sense.... The Obrimos looks between the arguing mages. "If you are working together, shouldn't you both know the same facts?" Her tone suggests genuine askance.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

Oh, for fuck's sake. The FBI with stellar tracking systems formed of pellets emitting... radiation blah blah blah nerd stuff. Point is, it was a real bad idea to get tagged. Alastor could cloak his shit, but that didn't mean his Cabal could. Looking to the other Arrow, he said, "Arrows, we're going to avoid getting tagged. I can deal with with your obvious signatures. If you can't Cloak, feel free to report to the Aegis Sanctum after this gathering. I'll give you the basics of Space Armor and Sight in a long-term way, a good and strong and Cloaked ritual so you're not a walking beacon for this FBI bullshit. Best thing we can do is get ghost. Is there a way to see if anyone is tagged at this point, Shodan?"

He'd trained them to keep their Armor up. If he wanted them to be ready when shit went down with an enemy so skilled at tracking them, he'd have to help them in this case.

As for the Heirarch's point?

"Heirarch, the time you need a central organization point is when shit's insane, like now. You should appoint Phoenyx or Winter as your Sentinel, and employ them to good effect policing the Consilium."

He'd be busy keeping the Arrow sharp.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread