Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(1904) Gathering at Dusk

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    S
    Shodan

Shodan was running late as fuck.

In his defense, there's a ton of stuff to be done where you are one of the Wise. Maintain your sanctum. Practice actual magic. Build machines supposed to twist the laws of physics like they're play-doh. Stay on top of magical theory to not look so damn clueless every time something remotely supernatural happens.

Therefore, there's little dignity as he storms into the Circle, sporting a Rocky Horror t-shirt.

"Hey, boss-man!" He directs at Campanella "Hello everyone, sorry I'm late. What's this I hear about an artifact?" Shodan was no occultist, but he was super proud of his recent Prime upgrade - so maybe he could succeed where others have failed?

Or at least keep the thing out of Winter's hands. That'd be a small win too.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nods at the Life Master. "I understand, more than most might. I am here, if you wish to talk. I still owe you. More than you know."

The Arrow tenses, unused to being the focus of so many faces and questions. She takes a deep breath before looking around at the assembled mages. She rises from the seat next to Aurora and takes a few steps away so she can see all the mages that asked questions.

"There were two articfacts - a jade disk and a paired statue. As far as we could tell, the disk imbued the Arcana of Mind, Space, and an unusual form of Matter, based on a similar method of Life and designed to probably control Automata. As a pair of Obromi we were not ideally suited to unlocking such. The mind spell was for controlling beasts. Cosmo suspected the Space arcana was for a portal." She pauses, thinking back. "The statue spoke in many tongues offering wisdom to the student that could fig them. We suspected the diska nd statue were the first test."

Phoenyx looks to Judis. "Do you mean the artifacts we found, of the one from the Seer sanctum? The former are held by Magus Winter. The latter... I am not sure. It was certainly a focus of great power. Where did it get placed?" She looks to Aurora and Alastor.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The vein in his neck fills thicker, the pulse in his jaw grows restless. Why couldn't they understand that one bite sized chunk of Truth? That every act of will has a cost. In a world with no free lunches, every act of magic carried the seed of unreality. Teetering on the brink, facing the Abyss, the gaping maws of unbeing was smelling the feast. But it wasn't just the metaphysical motive that animated the Guardian, it was the occupational hazards she was invoking, flirting with, even. The lack of concern for their security, that was damning.

"No, it's not. It was a rhetorical question"
    , he says looking at woman, before his stern gaze settles upon Shodan. "Some people in this Consilium have been a bit too cozy around Sleepers. As some of you might already know, the FBI has acquired advanced reconnaissance capabilities not even this place can defend ourselves from. Until the issue is settled, please refrain from mindlessly employing your... talents, even inside those walls"
    Luckily, Phoenyx's debriefing interrupts him. The Seers had been close, close enough to show again to every one of them that the Circle wasn't a safe-house. However, the Arrows had disposed of the threat, he's perplexed by the inclusion of Master Aurora in the strike team. So that was what the smell of fish had been about?
    "Yes", he says, "the Guardians have funded the acquisition and claim ownership of both artifacts. If any of you of sufficient skill is willing to lend his talents to assist in the investigation, feel welcome to join us", cutting the Guaordian Knot before anybody might entertain any strange idea, "we couldn't get past the space component of the pattern".

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    G
    Galatea

Galatea paid the man no mind- she said her piece. If he wanted to preach in the safety of the Consillium, by all means let him. And on the off chance they WERE being watched, the Thyrsus thought that the scene in front of them was strange enough.

Unfortunately, she had no idea of this task- it seems it had occurred prior to her introduction. Or maybe she just wasn't meant to get involved- made sense of course. Only a few arrows should be needed to support most tasks... Though she was rather piqued at the already annoying man jumping to claim ownership for his group- not that she had any interest in artifacts, more that he seemed so greedy and eager to get his hands on them.

Still, not her place to speak yet. She wouldn't be of help here. Her tail flicked back and forth gently, wrapping around her chair legs and back while the Primal force observed the scene before her.

C
    Cross

"Campanella," Alastor said in a serious tone. "We discovered more than just that at the Seer sanctum hit. Not only did they have super dangerous golems connected to some artifact that had a consciousness and was controlling them... the little pyramid we took is connected and related to stuff I've seen below the Circle. When we got back here, the Clock acted. Turned. A working went off, the likes of which I've never seen. Archmastery. It's real. What the Clock did was an Archmaster's effect. And the mirror we shattered to cut off their path? That mirror had an Archmaster's spell on it, too."

He looked around the room from each to each, wondering if they understood the gravity of this.

"Whatever is going on in this war over time, it's not just us fighting it. I think two Archmasters might be in conflict over it."

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze enters, smiling quietly. He moves over to where Phoenyx is standing, just standing near to her. He's got on his usual ensemble, a brown, leather jacket over a solid, black shirt and black trousers and shoes.

He listens to the talk among the Awakened, and watches amiably enough, not saying anything.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Langdon nods to Shodan as the man makes his entrance and then almost looks giddy as Pheonyx describes the two articles. Winter's somber, though apt warning, and claiming of the artifacts puts a damper on the Mystagogues cheer.

Then Alastor speaks.

"Wait. I think I missed something. Archmastery? I mean, it would explain this place because its just about unexplainable. And would explain the underground because ya that place was its own world. What do you mean though about two archmasters fighting?" Then Langdon remembers Winter's hook and looks to the Guardian. "I have some knowledge of Space and Matter which may help."

10. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

The Hierarch shifts in his seat. Both his eye brows shoot up as the First Arrow describes what has occurred. A hand rises and dabs at his temples while Campanella masters himself.

Before he gets chance to speak, Langdon has added his voice to the conclave.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Alastor moves the discussion into the unfamiliar shores of Archmastery. That the clock was supernal in origin, it was a given, that Sacramento would be swept between the diatribes of the Masters above however, was problematic. Not only it was a topic the Awakened rarely breached, but the definition of what lied beyond Mastery was muddy itself. A quarrel between such wills could shake the pattern of reality.
    "My hypothesis is the artifact wasn't complete until we retrieved the heart. It is not the work of a single maker, our contact back in London mentioned 3 other people that could have been involved and that might or might not be still alive in this timeline", he looked at Aurora, right now she was the only link, "the preliminary analysis we conducted in the caves beneath has shown us there are different layers to the construction, from different eras"

"With the approval of the Consilium, I propose another expedition beneath. Before that however, there's the matter of identifying the names the Londinian master mentioned",
    a pause, "by tapping the artifact and Master's Aurora Sympathetic links to those strangers and transferring them to myself with the help of the First Talon, we might be able to perform a post-cognition ritual".

"And then there's the issue of the FBI. Which I'm afraid, we have quite underestimated", he added solemnly.

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    J
    Juris

Juris sat up in his seat slightly as they all spoke. "Wow, Archmasters and Sci-fi FBI. What have I entered into..." he thought as he listened to them all describe the events that he had missed. Needless to say, things were pretty crazy in Sacramento.

"I'd like to help any way I can, though I'm far better skilled in Mind than I am in Space."

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread