THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The reanimated quote is lost on the Savage, though Jacque's expression tells him there was something to catch, "Da Vinci?" he cocks his head. His best guess, given the figure was so exalted among universal learners.

He listens with interest as the Ventrue speaks on his own past, if it were true or not, though something about the man's demeanor spoke genuine.

"Studying Vitae could be one aspect. Really, paths of study depend on many factors, and organizations have their own culture and focuses based off numbers and pillars. Like any other university, or monastery if you consider the spiritual leaning.

As I said, Sacramento's Dragons have attracted a large group of Gangrel that answer to a Daeva. If we were mostly Mekhet I am sure you would hear more on focused experimentation with Humours, medical diagnostic testing, application of research from one's previous fields... Just pick a department,"
    he chuckles. "We have texts, standard practice, a code to answer to.

But you cannot confuse your statistics when your population parameters are so biased. I avoided Court for as long as I did, because Mitteleuropa has banned us on occasion, and I have fought more of the Circle than I care to contemplate. I felt foolish afterwards,"
    he shrugs.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He shakes his head, "No just an old proverb. 'Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back' is perhaps a little more recognizable."

"A fair enough point Mister Prosper. Are you familiar with any of the studies of vitae or do you find your studies fairly siloed?" he thinks for a moment before adding, "Or, not siloed but shared between other subjects?" He looks up to the trees, keeping pace with Garrett as he listens to the reply.

He briefly looked disappointed and lost in thought before he shifted his eyes back to Garrett, "Over a long enough timeline it becomes incredibly easy to be overly critical of such things even though they were not as easily discerned at the particular point in time." He offered a smile and a shrug, "That foolish feeling is merely wisdom taking root."

Blood Hunt:

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Savage chuckles—at least he wasn't crazy. "The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding," he explains, "I assumed you fancied yourself a Renaissance man."

As the Lord digs once more for details on the Ordo's teachings, he keeps his eyes on the treeline, "Familiar? No. I will worry about it if I deem it necessary this time. I answered my last question about what happens when one volunteers for sleep. The Dragons covet a balance of all fields, though that is usually reserved of a true master of the art. We share information," he says as he spies Jacque looking up, "It does not do us any favours to hinder each other."

There were texts only provided by those of worth and rank to shield the ignorant from obliterating themselves when they were not ready. However, to the Savage that was just standard practice for education. The end of the trail was just another minute. It wasn't like Prosper had dragged the Lord to an actual forest in the middle of the city.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He grinned enthusiastically as Garrett quipped one of Da Vinci's quotes, "Don't worry. I can be a bit of a chameleon there too." He playfully winks at the young savage.

"Ah good. That at least is in the realm of what I would expect it to be." He was now armed with many things to consider and possibly even a few more leads to gain a different perspective of the Dragons from.

Jacque spies the end of the trail approaching and slows his pace to address a final thought with Garrett, "I meant what I said about you being the stronger man and why." He ponders his words carefully before continuing, "Sympathy is often in short supply in this Danse, and I'm certain you are looking for none of it." He extends a hand to Garrett, "But... I'm often diving in some random pub participating in trivia to see if I can find that next thing to learn about. If you or the bimbo ever want to join to keep that mind of yours keened, I'll always welcome the company."

I'm good to wrap up in the next couple of posts if you are.

Blood Hunt:

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Savage listens to him reiterating the compliment, unsure what the Kindred was implying about his line on sympathy. At the offer of the hand he cautiously takes it, assuming it was a gesture for a handshake.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-12 00:18:35 Garrett Prosper rolls 6 to what are you getting at? (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 3, 4, 9, 5, 1, 4 1 success
    Not sure how Mask of Tranquility tied in, feel free to knock off from the left if contested

"It would be the latter. I am garbage at trivia," Garrett laughs with a bit of embarrassment, "Cheating can be fun, though. I actually cannot recall if I have ever done something like that." The situation offered was novel, and an opportunity to field test a few things with his study. Time among the Kine was more familiar to him than his own, and having another Kindred there to compare would be beneficial.

Good to wrap soon as well!

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He shakes his hand, something he had not frequently done before or during his time in Sacramento, but somehow he was compelled to offer the gesture.

He flips out a card, "Unless you prefer mail, here's my number." With a coy grin, "It can be fun as long as you're not obsessive about winning." Though, if they'd be on the same team there would be little reason for Garrett to need to cheat but Jacque was not eager to gloat.

He looks off back into the cityscape, "Thank you again for your time, it has been a pleasure." He begins to walk off into the night, "Until next time."

The mask only hides his beast and aura, it doesn't impact emotional views.

Uncontested: Jacque feels sorry for Garrett, recognizing his how intelligent and well spoken he is for a savage and having never considered the lack of choice of sire before. It has made him consider his own fortune in being a Lord, as he's quite certain he would have gone insane under the same circumstances. The idea to him is extremely disturbing, which is why he was compelled to repeat his statement. The particular sentence Garrett questioned was an attempt at saying as much without actually saying 'I feel sorry for you' (as it could be offensive) followed by an offer to help in some small part with the trivia.

Blood Hunt:

7. Likes Krakenbox liked this post

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper watched for patterns as Jacque moves and speaks. Being spoken down to by a Ventrue was a matter of course, though the Kindred's careful pacing lacked the usual cut, and the signals that he was avoiding offence while trying to convey empathy in the limited way their species did was interesting to witness.

"Fun is acceptable," he chuckles quietly, "the time was well spent."

He briefly scans the card before adding it to his wallet.

"Tschüss."

Thanks for the great scene!

9. Likes Killian liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread