Ended
Watch

Elettra & The Nap (Getting to know you)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra reads "The Stand" By Steven King as she waits for Dirt Nap to arrive. Who actually calls and leaves voicemails anymore? Maybe that's just her generation though. Since this isn't a formal meeting she wears her go to the attire of jeans, a fitted t-shirt, boots, and leather jacket. She looks forward to getting to know the man she worked so well with on the recent case she caught from working at the E.R. He seemed like a decent enough guy.

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap looks much like he did at the end of their last encounter together, though he is cleaned up. His hair is windblown, like he rode a motorcycle here. He's got on work jeans, a gingham shirt and a denim jacket. He smiles when he sees Elettra Vitale.

"Evening, Ma'am," he says, mindful that although it is the Nox, there are regular folks around too, it not being a formal Court get together. "You're looking sharp tonight, if you don't mind my saying so, Ma'am. I believe I owe you a drink."

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra smiles back at Dirt Nap as he approaches. She had a urge to tousle his already windblown hair however, she refrained from it knowing it really wouldn't be appropriate. "Why thank you! You're not too bad yourself." She winks. "However, there is no need to call me Ma'am though. Elettra works just fine."

"Ah yes, that drink. A whiskey neat sounds nice. After we get our drinks would like like to head downstairs to a private room so that we can speak more openly?"

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Okay...'Elettra'." Dirt Nap says with some obvious effort, nodding. "I hope it won't offend if I don't have a drink. I don't mean anything by it, just have sort of a strict diet I have to follow for a while." he explains.

Dirt Nap smiles, "I would be glad to buy you a whisky neat, though, and a bottle to go if you like." he offers, heading towards the bar.

After making the purchase, and heading down to a private room, Dirt Nap says, quietly. "I also hope it won't offend that I ended up being approached by someone who offered to teach me what I was looking for. I am much appreciative of your being willing to discuss it with me. I really had no idea how to go about asking about it." he confesses.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Shaking her head, "No you don't offend at all by not drinking. Had I realized that I would have refrained myself to help support your choices."

Returning his smile with one of her own, "Why thank you, that is very kind of you!"

Walking with Dirt Nap to a private room, Elettra equals the quiet tone, "It's nothing for me to be offended by someone else approaching you. May I ask whom that is?" Curiosity gets the best of her, also it's good for her to know who is offering this information out. Not that she minds, it's just something that shouldn't be taken lightly nor handed out willy nilly.

Now within the private room with the door shut. Elettra takes a seat, "Now, I am more than happy to work with you. I enjoyed working along side you on that case. However, since you have two people offering to teach you, I guess you'll have to make the decision on who you'd rather learn it from."

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles, "Well, I wouldn't want to impose my Dragon experiments on myself onto you, Elettra." he says.

He pauses at her question. "Huh. I suppose, since it was in the open at the Court, it is a known thing. Hierarch Krieg, came over and talked with me, and when we talked about what I was working on, he said he'd be willing to teach me. We actually got to meet, and I think I got the beginning worked out." he says.

"If you don't mind, could I try it? I'm able to make a small object hide for now. I'm still working on the next part, which is what I was aiming for all along, hiding the beast." he says eagerly.

Then when Elettra talks about his making a choice, Dirt Nap looks embarrassed, "My apologies, Elettra. I really did enjoy working on that mystery with you, too. There wasn't too much enjoyable about that, but working together was good. I didn't really think of it so much as choosing between you or him, more like choosing between sooner or later." he says. "I admit, I am pretty eager when it comes to my Study. Sometimes, I forget to be as polite as I should. I appreciate your generosity in being willing to talk about it, and I am sorry for not taking the time to talk to you first." he says.

"I see now, that it was rude of me. I would like to offer a trivial boon to apologize and keep things straight between us."

E
    Elettra Vitale

Nodding, "I can understand that, however, as a new fellow Dragon, I can show my support for you and not drink in front of you."

With a reassuring smile, "That's always nice to have someone offer their help like that without the awkwardness of having to ask. Krieg is a solid man and really good at explaining things."

Excitement filled Elettra's eyes, "Of course you can! Practicing skills is the best way to get better at it!" She truly enjoys seeing what her fellow kindred can do, maybe it's her being so young in this world that makes it so fascinating to her and she has a willingness to learn.

Looking a bit guilty, "Oh no no no! There's no need to feel embarrassed or apologize. We didn't have anything set in stone. I only told you I would meet with you and think about it. As you know, clan abilities are held very important and private. I just didn't want to talk about it in open court and make it seem like I was handing out the information willy nilly." Smiling, "I appreciate a person who takes their studies seriously and are eager to learn."

Considering his offer, "I didn't take it as being rude and you're a fellow Dragon. I support your willingness to grow in your studies. No trivial boon is required. Just be careful though. Not everyone is as polite as I and frankly if it were someone else, I would have taken them up on the boon. However, I like you, you seem like a solid person."

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Well." Dirt Nap pauses, then smiles. "I hadn't heard that, that I recall. That is really good to hear, you're being a Dragon." he says.

"In that case, do you mind if I ask which Coil you are thinking about in particular? I started with Terror, which is how I was able to fight off frenzy at the end of that little dance we were in together, when the fellow got a stake into me, and you saved my bacon." he says soberly. "It's mostly what got me interested; I always put a lot of stock on the importance of being able to keep my cool." he says.

Dirt Nap slowly takes a pen from his shirt pocket and holds it in his hand. "I don't know anything about slight of hand, myself, though I can see I will need to learn, just to get into the right mind set. So, a tiny little thing like this is all I can handle for now."
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-20 16:33:50 Dirt Nap rolls 4 to Touch of Shadow to obfuscate a pen (Wits 2 + Larceny 0 -1 + Obfuscate 1 + tiny object 2) (10 Again) 2, 3, 4, 10, 1 1 success

The pen isn't there anymore, though Dirt Nap's hand is still extended inartfully, like he's still holding it.

"Hierarch Krieg is a mighty fine teacher. I hope to learn how to hide my beast from others in a little while." Dirt Nap says. "Which, I can tell you as a fellow Student, is a step towards controlling it better, in my plan." he says.

Dirt Nap nods and listens closely and respectfully as Elettra Vitale explains her position and turns down the boon with a gentle warning.

"That's good advice, Elettra." he says, the "Ma'am" unspoken but still somehow implied. "To be honest, I wouldn't be as quick to offer, I suppose, except I trust and expect you are someone who wouldn't misuse a boon to do someone harm."

E
    Elettra Vitale

Smiling, "Thank you, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone else that's a Dragon and to my own studies."

"That is fascinating who you're able to fight off the frenzie like that! I haven't yet to learn about the coils yet. I had a meeting with Herr Prosper just recently. Once I learn more and decide I will surly let you know."

"That's really good! Everything takes time to learn and master. Hiding your beast will come in handy and is something I would like to be able to. If I may ask, how long have you been a member?" She adds, "It's a bit intimidating being so knew to EVERYTHING, especially so new to Sacramento and now being a Dragon."

"Thank you, Dirt Nap." Smiling politely, "I appreciate that. I suppose working together and helping you our when you'd been staked helped with gaining some of that trust. You're correct, I wouldn't misuse a boon nor would I accept one if I didn't think it was called for, as you now already know."

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods. "It is amazing." he says. "I got steered towards the Order by my Sire. I was a slave about twenty five years ago." He says. "And I only have one Coil begun now, I'm still a Supplicant." he says. "I'm a bit slow." he admits, seriously.

"The first one is the most dangerous though." he says. "You know, from work at the hospital, science tries to treat people like they're the same, but they aren't." he says. "What we do, in the Order. Changing ourselves, working permanent changes on something that's...not natural to begin with. A lot of people don't survive their first attempt. We...lost someone recently. I feel bad about it, honestly. I was one of those who were supposed to prepare her. And she wasn't prepared enough."

Dirt Nap is quiet and still for a minute. "It doesn't get any easier after the first, but it helps, knowing what to expect." he says. "I shouldn't probably go on too much, until Garrett Prosper has got you accommodated to the basics. I wouldn't want to be confusing with different approach and all."

He smiles, "Well, I am pretty new to the city myself." he says. "And you seem to be doing real well, Priscus Vitale." he says. "You have the right approach, I think. You care for people, but you don't give off a vibe like they can walk over you." he smiles. "I for one am very glad you feel obligated to stand your ground. Grateful even."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread