Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

An Unlikely Pair

THREADID
    A
    Arturo Garcia

Arturo would take a seat with the Priscus of Clan Gangrel. He had heard about here from others, and of course through whispers, but he had never had the chance to judge for himself. He knew she had been given a raw deal, her situation almost sympathetic. It said much about not only herself, but the Domain they resided in. Rather than judge, he figured he would get his own bearings.

”I must say, you must have an exciting night to night here in Sacramento a I have heard your name on the tip of many people’s tongues. All good, I assure you.”

He settled into his seat, leaning back comfortably in opposition to how his beast felt. He decided to start with idle chat, it made any greeting easier to digest, and plus it was court - no place for serious business.

”Have you been in Sacramento long? I have come across a fair share of people who are new to the domain.”

Pleasantries were always a good start.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave him a slight raise of the eyebrow at the all good comment. She knew better, but decided to leave it alone. "I've been here for a bit. We have had an influx recently, which is nice. It truly makes me happy to see the domain expanding."

"What has brought you to the domain?"
    The interest in her voice was genuine sounding.

A
    Arturo Garcia

”It is always good to see a bit of a population boom, it seems to shake things up a bit. Have you been happy with how things have settled in the wake of such an influx? I know where I was from when numbers ballooned suddenly there was always a sense of unease, but that was also a city with an older leadership than what I have tended to run across while North of the border.”

The question was vague enough to not insult anyone unless they were grasping at straws, but it let the Crone answer should she choose too. The Lord would take her answer with a grain of salt either way, but it was always valuable to seek the opinion of those who had been around longer.

She turned the tables however, and ask Arturo what brought him here. It was a fair question, he couldn’t fault her for asking. Just as he was curious about how long she had been here, she had all the right to be curious as to what brought him. The Lance smiled and shrugged softly, before making sure to lock his eyes with hers.

”A change of scenery is always nice, my practiced hand had grown bored in its duties. With blessings of my Prince and Covenant I took my leave to try new avenues with an open invitation to return. Sacramento was an interesting place, not too overbearing, and an agreeable climate - as much as a kindred can complain about such. I was disappointed to learn of the condition of the Lance here, so it was a guiding reason that spurred me to stay and maybe try and lay some foundations versus just moving on.”

He shifted in his chair to rest his elbows on the arm rests, keeping his eyes with the Savage Priscus. She was in a powerful position, and at a base level he had to admire her for that.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled, "The influx brings good and bad with it. Change, while difficult, is always welcome. As a Crone I believe in the tenant, tribulation brings enlightenment. I believe that this holds for the issues that are caused by large and small communities and the changes which go on within each."

With hands folded neatly in her lap, she listened to his reasons for coming to the domain. Not much different then what everyone says. "If you would like a complete change of scenery, you should come visit the Farm. It is a very relaxing place to be. And we could enjoy a more in depth discussion on ideologies or what ever you would like."

A
    Arturo Garcia

He watched her motions carefully, if almost a trained action, and in this case maybe it was. The Lord, however, kept his smile on as he let her offer linger in the air for a few moments.

”You must have good faith to invite someone you have just met to come visit, or have you already sniffed out whether I am a sheep or a wolf?

He was genuinely interested in hearing what she had to say on that matter, curious if he was either easily read or was giving off a certain type of aura. That or maybe even the gift of Auspex was at play, but that wouldn’t bode well given the past that was here in front of him. Regardless he was intrigued.

”Or should I worry about the wolf in front of me.”

He would not discount the ability of the Priscus of Clan Gangrel, their blood hosted the likes of the Prince, and other cunning beasts like Garrett Prosper. He was careful to not underestimate her and what she brought to the table.

”Perhaps before I fully dive into your territory, we could split the difference. I know a wonderful hole in the wall, completely off the books, it is very cozy, and a wonderful place to play mortal for an evening. They only know Spanish, but I’m sure I could manage to get us a couple of drinks.”

The Farm? Not yet...He didn’t believe it to be a trap, but a disadvantage for first informal meetings. Rolling amongst the Kine would work, take most worries off the table for either party. Even Kindred also tended to loosen up after a few drinks. She may even be able to mend Arturo’s former negative experiences with the Crone from his old home.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable laughed a genuine laugh. She was sure he wasn't trying to do a pun with the term wolf, but it cracked her up any way. She quickly got herself back in control, "I'm not worried about if you are a wolf or not. And if I make you nervous, you could always ask Mr. Exlibrist about me. I am sure he will give a fairly accurate account of me. Or maybe not. He is sure my soul needs saving." She gave a devilish grin and a shrug.

"But if you would prefer to go else where that is fine. I am just proud of the work I have accomplished on the farm and love to show it off. I mean, it's not exciting for everyone...it isn't glamorous but it's kind of my pet project."

"Just name when and where. Here is my card." She handed him her business card.

A
    Arturo Garcia

He laughed as she did, enjoying the much gentler air she kept around her than his conversations of late. He wasn’t going to use this as an excuse to underestimate her, as it took great strength somewhere to be as genuine as she was. He listened to what she had to say, especially about his fellow Lance.

”Well, truth be told none of our souls are off the hook when it comes to saving. We have a certain condition that hampers all of us.”

He smiled, keeping the conversation light, hearing about the Farm and taking the card as it was offered, ensuring to offer her his own - which simply had a name and number to call or message. He examined her own card and nodded, before his eyes quickly flicked to the time.

”Well, I think it will certainly be worthwhile to speak to you when we aren’t so close to the evenings end. It has been a pleasure to speak with you even if it was for only a few moments. Expect a call and we will most definitely set something up.”

He wished he had more time, but that was not the case. He bowed his head and stood to leave. He did not want to be in a race against the sun on his way home.

Arturo leaves the scene. Great little scene! Look forward to picking it up elsewhere so we can let them close this joint up!

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you," She paused, "It was a pleasant introduction." She was unsure why he was being kind to her. She would soon see his true motives for now she would enjoy the kindness.

mable returns her attention to the general court.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.