Ended
Watch

Crouching Acolyte, Hidden Dragon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    T
    Thomas Boyle

Court is all well and good, but when you want to talk about things that actually matter, free of the posturing and the constant eavesdropping and all the honey-coated lies... you have to choose a more private locale. A locale like the Crone Farm.

The Farm can be accessed from a long dirt driveway that has a few ruts from wear and tear. The driveway is tree lined on the right with little views of fields peaking through. The left side is lined by a dense forest. The end of the driveway opens up to a small one story farm house with a friendly porch. The farm house has solar panels on the roof. There is a port-a-potty outside for the farm workers and guests. An outdoors sink is set up near by. Care has been taken for the farm to be as green and ecologically based as possible.

A wide clearing of dirt and grass is in front of the house. The fields beside and behind the house consist mostly of fields with different kinds of low vegetation. On the edges however, are higher trees and such to offer privacy to anything happening within the Circle's property.

Beside the farm are several greenhouses that are being rebuilt. Right now one of the greenhouses has the compost pile. There is a small tool shed and a two-stale stable also on the property. An old tractor and other miscellaneous farm equipment is scattered about.

And on the porch sits a lone figure, one of Thomas Boyle, a Ventrue occultist who awaits the arrival of Dirt Nap , a fellow researcher. Although so very different, they certainly have much to learn from one another. Come to think of it, that difference may be a large part of the attraction.

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap arrives on a noisy, beat up dirt bike that sounds like it's muffler is shot. He stops it and parks it leaning on a tree at the beginning of the long driveway to the farmhouse, and walks quietly in the rest of the way, raising an arm and hailing the figure on the porch from a distance.

"Evening, Mister Boyle." Dirt Nap says. "Thanks for the invite. After seeming like all my answers to your questions at Court were, 'tell you later', seemed like we ought to talk a bit." he says, chuckling.

T
    Thomas Boyle

He hears him before he sees him. Dirt Nap's gesture of raised hand is mirrored as the Gangrel approaches, and in the darkness one might make out the faint outline of a smile on Thomas' face.

"Good evening to you as well" He nods in greeting "We can stay on the porch or go inside if you like. Also, as you may know, honorifics are entirely optional when on Crone's holdings" If they stay or go makes little difference to the Lord, and so when his guest makes up his mind, Thomas continues

"So, you mentioned an experiment? Something to do with feeding, I believe?" An interest clear in his voice. A pity that Nap probably won't divulge the whole truth (this being reserved for his fellow Dragons), but even fragmentary wisdom is better than no wisdom at all.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, smiling at Thomas Boyle's eagerness for knowledge, finally a hunger he can allow himself to relate to, even if he isn't in a position to fully satisfy it.

"Outside is good for me." he says, simply, taking a seat. "An' the main thing to me is, what 'honorifics' would you like to use? I like to call people what they like to be called, when I can." he explains.

When they are settled, Dirt Nap is silent in thought for a full minute after Thomas Boyle asks the question. "Well, I suppose the right way to go about this would be some kind of trade." he says, smiling, "Just to keep things appropriate." he says.

"How about this, I will answer the way that seems right for me, and then you can tell me something along the same lines from your side, that seems like a fair exchange to you. Does that sound like something that would be approved of by our peers?" he asks the Lord's opinion.

T
    Thomas Boyle

Thomas seats himself beside the watchful Gangrel "Names are the simplest choice, no? 'Thomas' would suffice, really" Not that he had any other title to insist on calling him with.

A 'hm' escapes his lips as the Ventrue ponders Dirt Nap's offer. Certainly, the talk wouldn't be one-sided even if he didn't propose the exchange, but that way they could make a game out of it. And games are fun and educational.

"Very well. I agree" He eyes Nap expectantly.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Alright." Dirt Nap nods. He is silent a long moment and then says, "So, you wanna start with the feeding, and how it's an experiment." he says, nodding again. "So, if you can bear with me, I try to be methodical about this stuff. So, the basics are, we are all of us, cadavers animated by a beast," he says. "Seems like each one of us has our own beast, not just one big one pulling the strings," he says. "Leastways, our individual beasts react to each other wanting to murder or run away."

"Feeding...is interesting."
    Dirt Nap says. "We all need to take in blood, presumably to feed the beast." he says, "But once we take it in, it isn't regular blood anymore, not any more than we are regular corpses."

"And as our beasts grow stronger, they need a more specific kind of feeding. At first, animal blood won't do anymore. Then...later, human blood won't do." Dirt Nap summarizes.

"My experiment has to do with finding out just how far I can push, or train, or wean the beast in me to live off animal blood,"
    he says. "I've been doing it for a while. Long enough to stunt it's growth a bit. I'm probably a tich older than some might think. I don't aim to stay weak forever. I aim to figure out how to grow stronger, while still regulating the feed."

T
    Thomas Boyle

He sits silent, impassive, as Dirt Nap does the Occult 101. Would it break the sacred hospitality if he urged him to get to the point, rather than assume Thomas to be someone in need of teaching the most basic of concepts?

"Yes, that is a given" he interjects briefly when the Gangrel speaks of insufficient human blood. Otherwise, however, he remains quiet, fishing for details until Nap is done "From what you told me I can see the differences in assumption already. See, I don't think it's the Beast that needs the blood - at least not directly. As part of a soul it has no use for physical sustenance, but it struggles to: first, stay active - hence Wassail if we have too low blood intake; and second, room to grow - therefore creating an evolutionary mechanism of Predator's Taint. But it's not the moment for me to bring that up" Thomas smiles, and as he does he ponders what he was told.

"So, that's it? One can just drink from dogs and rats long enough and the Beast will learn to be satisfied with it? I have a feeling the method is a bit more complicated than that, especially since I'd fully expect the Monster to recoil and jump for potent blood the moment your attention slips" Certainly, Dirt Nap may not wish to discuss it further - but there's no harm in asking. In any case, if the Supplicant wanted to ask a question of his own, he was free to do so, per their agreement.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap chuckles, "Well, that's what I feel is right to share. The rest of the process, the Study, well you could join us, I guess." he says, smiling. "But are you sure the blood isn't needed, I mean, are you sure that the blood isn't transformed into something, that is needed? So as raw material?" he asks. "What I wonder though, is what is your goal? You want to learn, sure, but why do you want to learn? Just to have the satisfaction of knowing?"

T
    Thomas Boyle

"Very funny" is his response to the 'offer' of joining, said in a voice that left no doubt whatsoever that he doesn't find it funny at all "Of course I know blood is transformed within our bodies, I just honestly believe the transformation, while at least partly mystical in nature, feeds only the body. The Beast is dependent on the body, the same way a driver is dependent on his car in the middle of a deserted highway, but they are not the same thing and are distinctly separate"

So, his goal? "I aim for Golconda. Which, in my case, is nothing short of godhood" He chuckles "See, I believe many tales of the ancient gods and heroes were inspired by Kindred. However, they must've been distinctly different from even the more potent of those vampires you see today. The plan is to uncover their secrets and, in time, become like them" There's, of course, much more to it, but it's not like he's going to divulge it all at once, at least not without him asking "What about you? Is there a final phase of the Dragon experiments in general, past which no further improvement is possible?"

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "No offense meant, Thomas. I respect you've got a different Way. Just sayin' the details are for Ordu Dracul only." he says.

Dirt Nap goes preternaturally still, staring and listening to Thomas Boyle intensely as he speaks.

"Well. I believe the humble things, the little things are key, and easy to look down on, or overlook." he says. "I think the physical, messy detains are a lot more important then it might seem."

Dirt Nap listens some more, to Thomas Boyle's goal.

"That's a big goal." he says, nodding. "So...research then, more like archaeology, I guess. Trying to piece together what came before. To recreate it." he muses.

Dirt Nap chuckles, "My end goal wouldn't really show what the Order, everyone in it, is aiming for." he says. "You know, we experiment on ourselves." he says, "It's because our physical, or maybe spiritual selves seem to be unique. What works for one, doesn't for another." he says. "So, there's a limit as to how much good it does us to study the past. It helps, no doubt. But our common goal, is to make real Changes to ourself, that are permanent, not a temporary effect." he says. "We're not just changing what we know, or what we can do. We are changing what we are. Our reasons, and the specific methods and changes, are going to be different." he says.

"Mine? Well, I'm taking it one experiment at a time. They're pretty dangerous, so I don't necessarily have an ultimate goal at the end. I know I can make real, incremental changes. I guess if I survived all the possible changes I could ever want, I'd end up like some kind of living, but undying human being, without any of our limitations." he says. "What would your Golconda look like, Thomas? Is it power to be in charge of other people? Or some kind of difference inside, in your outlook or experience?" Dirt Nap asks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.