Ended
Watch

(2019) Hob Control

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    J
    John Doe

Hearing Fawkes's compliment, John grinned widely. "I'm just looking out for you." Then with Circe, he blushed onyx for a moment, "My favorite Elf is helping me be more assertive." He smiled to Circe, with a bit of flirtatious tone.

He gestured to the drinks, "We've got Negroni cocktails. That's mundane thing from Italy. A Tropical Orb - rum and rambutan. Then there's my concoction, The Madness."

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes looks at the strangest drink that is basically a layered rainbow.

The Elemental takes John's gesture as an expectation. He already had lost some face, a few drinks should be fine. "I'll try what the artist made. Looks cool," he says, attention being pulled by the two Fairest. The fluted glass tugs a bit towards him, but he stops it to let John play bartender. They were clearly having fun.

"Like the Fairy Queene?" he asks Titania, mildly surprised. He knew Spears that would have clocked her for that. It might have been her own form of protest or parody, however. At Circe's drop in tone, he snorts a laugh through his nose,

"I don't think that counts. The glass is an extension of my will and I twisted it to a thought. Dexterity and honed craft have about as much to do with it as dreaming," he says in reference to the centerpiece. "I'm fine," he responds absently, blinking slowly at her concern.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks Elly, I would say surprise me with the drink," crimson eyes dart to the hobs, "But I've seen what happens when ya say that at a hob bar. Less funny if yer the one sayin' it. I'll take the Negroni Johnny suggested." Circe puts on a smarmy smile as she turns on John Doe, "Happy ta help ya, Johnny. Really totally happy ta help its great ta walk around our home in a negligee." Circe turns to Titania with a overly loud stage whisper, "I know my method is workin' cause the delivery guys keep tellin' John he's awesome."

Blue lips open to smiling teeth as she looks at Fawkes, "Great!" she gives Fawkes two thumbs up, "Cool man. And I think ya could still use that trick fer tons of stuff. I mean I work so good alone cause shit gets done fasta when folks ain't watchin' me," Circe fold her arms under the chest and leans back, "So I don't bang on my computer alone because I'm shy or a NEET. Take every advantage ya can get right?" She has a proud smile on her face. She would not call it cheating, nope.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Indeed, like the character from Sir William Shakespeare's comedy. Sir", she corrects.
    What an odd character, she thought, still willing to attribute to shyness and not ill intention, his anemic manners and rather lackadaisical introduction.
    "Negligee? Sure you don't want all those satyrs Ingrid invited to get strange ideas", she interjected, offering Circe her drink, "they can be quite susceptible to your charm"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham's been uncharacteristically quiet, so engrossed in his vigil on the bar-bastion that he forgot to participate in the conversation around him. It took some effort as well as a subsided wave of hobs to snap him back to reality. Also, there hour is becoming late, and the one-of-a-kind attraction wasn't even announced yet.

"Shouldn't we prep our guests for participation in the lantern floating?" He asks Titania. Between her matter-of-fact attitude, her disarming presence and the ladle she wields like a scepter, she is the closest person (literally and figuratively) to a master of ceremonies.

But the Flowering's sudden snap of lucidity can be even better spent chatting to two people, not just one. Fawkes is an ideal 'target', they haven't realy spoken since that bar meeting "You settled in Sacramento alright, Fawkes? What are you up to, these days?" He is not concerned about the Elemental (Summer doesn't favor weaklings or morons)... just curious. In that genuine, if a bit unintentionally pushy kind of way.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe takes the drink from Titania and looks at the satyrs. Back to Ingrid. Back to satyrs. Then back to Ingrid, "Preeeeety sure they're gonna have strange ideas period. I think I saw one of 'em wearin' a Hawaiian shirt," she points towards the hobgoblins with her free hand, "Strange is par fer the course with hobs," she then cheers at the hobgoblins "Right ya fun fellas?!" Getting a few cheers in response from the ones that noticed the question.

Most didn't notice.

She takes a sip, her stomach doesn't go crazy. That is a good sign. Crimson eyes continue to watch Fawkes to see if he is okay. While doing that she moves to take a second small sip. The glass freezes before reaching her lips, "Floating lanterns? Like in that new Rapunzel cartoon or magical floating lanterns with their own wings?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

J
    John Doe

John smiled to Fawkes. "Yea, Circe and Sera have been teaching me." He then looked away as a hob 'accidentally' bumped into him for the fifth time. "Watch it you, cretin." He turned back to discover one glass of Madness was missing. And Fawkes was definitely not okay. "Oh dear..." he bit his lower lip. "Someone make sure he doesn't do parlor tricks again."

He handed the Negroni to Circe, "Enjoy!"

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes nods to Titania's confirmation. Confused why she used the tone of correcting his assessment when he was stating the character's role in the play. He mirrored Circe's thumbs up about his Contract,

"That's...why I learned it," he agreed, unsure what she was getting at. Cobalt eyes shift to Abraham as he gets his attention. Pushy was usually a good tactic with walking storms, and the quality of his voice didn't hurt.

"Yeah. I have permanent residence now," he answers, gaze flicking momentarily to Richard Price, "I'm currently looking to speak with the officers of each of the Courts to create a comprehensive emergency response plan."

He tilts his head, "King Rhodes is the only active Autumn, and I was going to offer my experience. Most of my time with Freeholds has been with the Leaden Mirror before I took up the Spear.

I've learned a lot speaking with Courtiers on where their experience is at. Sharing information with prevent...accidents.

Your Court is very powerful here, and I'd rather see Wyrd artists having fun instead of getting their hands cut off,"
    as he pauses he realizes how he sounds. "Metaphorically."

Not really.

He coughs when he downs John's custom creation. Why the hell do people drink this?

At Titania and John's reaction to the Hobbes, his head snaps and the glass explodes on the Satyr's hands. The shards freeze in the air, as if stuck in time. The creature certainly backs off after that—retreating to the other side of the Tavern. Helping!

At the Mirrorskin's reaction, he feels more out of his element. The man had literally told him to come over and drink. He blinks at the comment, hearing no sarcasm in the Winter Courtier's tone. "John. We've had this discussion. Stop talking around me like I'm a fucking child. I had to hold your hand through a basic Pledge."

9. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hob beside Circe suddenly froze in place. Most likely due to a blue hand in a iron grip around his wrist as he'd reached for her hand bag. Circe bent down to whisper something to him. A quick and quiet conversation occurred between the two. The hob's expression changed starting with frightened, then confused, then elated as it broke free from her grip to run off. "Ha, that won't end well," Circe says as she accepts the drink from John with a smile, "Thanks Johnny. Cheers!"

"That's a great idea Fawkes. Better then my meetin' of the makers fer folks that can build shit," she gives him a thumbs up. Then gets distracted by a scene among a group of hobs. The would be pickpocket is talking to a larger, clearly female hob. Whatever he says gets him picked up by the cuff of his gambeson to bring him up to look at her eye to eye. The larger hobgoblin then kisses him very deeply, probably with tongue. Circe tilts her head to the side at the sight, "Wha? I thought he'd get laid out flat, not get laid fer that pickup line."

And then back to Johnny and Fawkes starting a tiff. "Too late Johnny, oh ho ho ho! Good job Fawkes," she is earnest in her praise, "Keep that trick handy. Could help deal with any drunkies tonight. And let THAT," she says towards the nearby hobs, "Be a lesson ta ya. Don't steal the drinks. Order them. Brewers know how ta mix drinks so be civil would ya!"

Then Circe is back to her boys, "Holding hands fer a Pledge? I know a few that involve that but I won't taunt ya boys by suggesting ya made one of those romantic pledges. Any news," this is directed at Fawkes, "From GK Richard on Court or Freehold wide pledges? I've turned around ta thinkin' it'd help with greasing the supply train."

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham's attention now rests at the man-shaped glass storm almost exclusively. He leans back on the counter - there seems to be less hobs around than there were a minute ago, and besides there are significant Iron Spear reinforcements now in place.

"It's good to hear you got yourself a nice place" He smiles at the Elemental "We all need stability" It makes him curious however, what does Fawkes mean exactly by this plan of his "A comprehensive emergency response plan? Interesting. What do you mean, precisely? Do you have any experience building that kind of plans?" The Flowering can concede a point if it is based on merit, but he isn't about to let just anyone whack him at the knees because of paranoia.

At the next bit, however, Abraham sighs, theatrically "Do all Summers believe they are the only ones that can hold a weapon straight? Do I need to make the trick with the coin again? I'm running out of quarters" He jokes and even chuckles slightly before growing more serious "Oh, and I'll definitely hound you to tell me more of your time in the Leaden Mirror. Sound like a very interesting story, it does" For a Lost to change his cardinal emotion? That's a big turn in his life, certainly able to provide insight into the man in question.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.