Watch

(2019) Hob Control

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    J
    John Doe

Hobs were...interesting creatures...

John didn't have a very commanding presence. He began to work on the drinks.

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham, on the other hand, has no skill or patience for the alchemy of drink-mixing. What he can be useful at is keeping the hobs at bay with the power of his visage and threats of physical violence. A dozen severe stares and distributed slaps later, they earn a bit of reprieve.

"So we meet again. I didn't take you for a bartender with a thirst for battle" He says, smiling to the Winter Darkling.

Still, they could use reinforcements. A look is had at Titania , wondering if she'd be up for a challenge.

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Don't falter, and don't be distracted. Our battle starts now", she reprimands her companions brandishing a ladle like an improvised weapon, crashing over the hands of a satyr who has gotten a bit too touchy for her taste. Her wisps in full war mode.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

J
    John Doe

John replied to Abraham, "Upon the deck of thirsty Lost," he grinned slightly, showing his chrome teeth.

Titania with celestial beauty caught his eye. The Fairest's starlight aura had him ensnared for a few yet noticeable moments. The fwap on the knuckles of the satyr snapped him back into reality. "That is quite a dangerous lady - I mean, ladle you got there, Titania. Heh heh."

John reached under the counter, collecting numerous glasses of sizes and shapes. "Wouldn't hurt to be prepared."

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"It's wonderful, right? Thank you", she replied to John without letting her gaze wander way from the crowd of famelic hobs.
    Fame ● (Social Media)

A
    Abraham Norton

"Distracted? Never! John and I are paragons of focus!" He exclaims to Titania in mock hurt, chuckling at the Darkling's clever wordplay "Come to think of it, however, we haven't seen each other in quite a while" His head tilts in interest at Titania "What have you been up to lately?"

John seems to have this bartending thing in spades - although, it might be little more than appearance "So do you actually know how to do this, or is that just improvisation?" Of course, in Abraham's dictionary 'improvisation' is far from a shameful thing to admit.

J
    John Doe

"There ought to be a book back here..." John rummaged through the various bins, "It's a smart move to keep a record of the most popular drinks because it keeps things moving." He pulled out a dust covered book. "Now we're talking."

"If you want some really weird recipes, I can provide them for you,"
    he gave silent thanks to Ava. "Obviously, recipes for our kind are exceptionally rare and are hard to come by. Fortunately, I learned a few a tricks. There's one called a Tropical Orb that involves a peeled rambutan sitting in the base of the glass. It uses a variety of tropical flavored rums and a bit of Mekong Whisky as finisher."

Fantasy Drink Name Generator

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

Titania

Mien

Titania

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Oh, I've been busy with the decorations. I was thinking about attending college, but there are some obstacles... of the bureaucratic kind", she frowns at one of the pushy hobs, "Hey, wait for your turn".
    "What about you, Sir Abe?, she asks. "Ohh", she says awestuck by John's creativity, "that's so pretty"
    Fame ● (Social Media)

A
    Abraham Norton

"And when does one learn 'really weird recipes'? Originally, I mean? Or are they your creations?" Something told the knight-errant that drink mixing isn't a part of standard Winter training. He is momentarily distracted by a hobgoblin that looks like it came right out of a H.R. Giger sketchbook, trying to sneak up on a rum bottle "That's a good way to get yourself sliced, chin to stomach"

Then he realized it could be taken as an answer to Titania's college remark. Abraham hastily adds "I didn't mean... what major?" His bet was on something health-related, the Bright One seemed interested in these topics "I've been wlaking around. Doing some street performances. Meeting people. Also working on secret projects" He winks at the woman "Seems like our ranks have swelled further. Maybe we should hold some Emerald meeting to make sure everyone knows everyone..."

J
    John Doe

John was 'nudged' a little too strongly, by what looked like a miniature orc from Middle Earth. "Watch it," he warned. The creature gave no sign of caring. John was the least frightening Lost in the room.

He nodded to Abraham. "Cocktails and mixed drinks originate from the Prohibition Era. You weren't serving 'alcohol', wink wink, nudge nudge." The gestures followed the words. "Thanks to quality control, there's more opportunity to experiment. Unfortunately, people don't like to try experimental drinks out of fear of it tasting bad." He shrugged.

The Darkling gathered up several ingredients and hard liquors. "I'm feeling a bit festive. I'd like to see who can withstand a double serving of Negroni Cocktail. It's among the most potent cocktails imaginable."

John paused... "I wonder if I can re-create The Madness." He chuckled looking at Abe and Titania. "I was already drunk, then had the brilliant idea of mixing my own concoction." He then set down multiple bottles: Kahlua, Captain Morgan Private Stock, Cointreau Blood Orange. He stopped. "They've gotta have absinthe here...just as long there isn't wormwood in it."

As he searched, he replied to Titania, "Please, tell me more about what you intend to study. I'd like to go back to college as well one day."

Negroni Cocktail

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.