Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes would have missed the Monarch's approach if not for her intense devotion to the Season. His eyes as glazed as he listens to Freya play, before blinking in surprise at the sudden glow of lights dancing off the walls of the Tavern. Her friendly greeting allows his shoulders to drop a bit.

"I hadn't noticed, Onyx Sovereign" he admitted, dryly mirroring her chuckle. He offers a small bow, noting in this Freehold displays of deference were unpretentious, even to a Queen of such high standing. The cigarette tin disappears back into his pocket. She had a vibrancy to her that created such a unique Mantle for the Court of Secrets, and threw off his expectations. "I'm not good with chaos. But I think that's common enough that it doesn't count as a quirk... Thank you for the service your Court hosted. I don't often reflect."

Cobalt stare locks onto the swift movement of Exegesis spinning Cole into an awkward dance. Probably a good call, the Elemental had been shown to be un-socialized on multiple occasions.

"Do you dance, M'am?" he asks, drawing from the commotion to produce a conversation topic.

S
    Sasha

Hearing Freya play was refreshing. The Fairest really enjoyed live music, especially when people like Seraphina sang or others played. She applauded the Birdlike woman and smiled at her again. Maybe her own signals were mixed before, or she had planned to perform and had a time limit, and didn't want to be caught up in chatter.

"Want to know a secret?" She leaned in to the Elemental. "I'm not very good with being in crowds either."

The Onyx smiled genuinely to him. He seemed less on edge away from the main area than he had in other instance she saw the Summer Glassman. "I'm glad you enjoyed, and please, call me Sasha when we're out of Winter. Unless you are a stickler for formalities."

She followed Fawkes' eyes to where he was watching. Cole and the new woman dancing was very, odd. Her brows rose, quite perplexed at what was happening but it didn't look as if it was alerting, just strange.

Her violet eyes blinked in an obvious manner. Is he messing with me? But the Winter didn't want to be rude, and there were probably many who very well didn't know she was a Dancer. "I should hope I dance. I teach it... and not just the situation of, 'those who can't do, teach' sort of things." She chuckled softly. Sasha wasn't trying to give him guff about not knowing what she did in her spare time, but she thought it was more obvious. Apparently her Mantle was taking its full effect on her now.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

Fawkes slowly blinks, covering his mouth as he laughs quietly, "Ah. I didn't do my homework. Do you own a studio?" he asks with the natural progression, understanding falling into place. A Fairest not wanting to be in the limelight unless she controlled the nature of attention was something he added to his understanding, picking it apart in the usual way. Possibly forced to perform. Now she gets to decide who she caters too. Empowers herself.

The request for just her first name threw him off further. She was obvious in her beauty, standing out as closest to the classical folklore of the aes sídhe that he has seen in a while,

"Many artists appeared to have congregated here," he muses, "Artisans, singers, and musicians...surprised at the lack of Wizened. It looks like there's a pattern of turning gifts into entrepreneurial pursuits. I'm jealous." It's out of the mannequin's mouth before he realized it, surprised he was finally able to put a word to the feeling after hearing the phrase repeated over and over as a light-hearted compliment.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”If people have knack for turning talents into success it really makes me wish I had a talent worth anything.

Rich, despite being tall and having a fair presence, was able to drift about in this room full of big personalities. He could have been more outgoing, but the last week or so had been taxing so familiarity seemed to be a safer bet than diving headfirst into the happy throng. More power to them though, it seemed Cole was going to get the full Spring treatment.

”I don’t even know how long I have been here and it feels like I have been tapping my feet for a couple of hours. But I couldn’t resist the chance to ask what kind of dance class do you think we could get Fawkes enrolled in.”

He placed a hand on Fawkes shoulder, and looked the man up and down, his joville face going serious for a moment as he examined the suit. Quickly his smile returned.

”Did Nancy give you any shit when you went in? If not, you are missing out on the experience.”

He gave the Iron Spear a firm pat on the shoulder.

”Looks good though, worth every penny. We can only brag so much, you look lovely Sasha, a lot better than this little diddy I had sitting in my closet. And I hope I am not intruding, if so just shoot me a wink and I can shuffle along. I never was very good at Spring Shindigs but didn’t want to be rude.”

He took a note from the words that hung in the air to use her name, it was Springs season now, so the other sovereigns could have a sigh of relief for a moment. If they would have him he would stay until the flow of the party took hold, or if they needed a moment he was sure he could find somewhere to mingle.

S
    Sasha

The Fairest shook her head. "No, I only teach there. It's usually after school hours, so it doesn't really cut in to any time for the Blue Note or the Maze. I had been approached to be a manager there but declined, I'd rather teach than manage any of that." She flitted her hand to the side.

She tilted her head when the Elemental mentioned being jealous. "Perhaps it's making the most of our situations." The Fairest rolled a shoulder slightly. "I know there are some who run the opposite direction when asked to do something they were Taken for." There were a few who were pristine Dancers that she'd known, but one wouldn't know since they avoided it entirely. "Is there something you've wanted to do that you've never done?" Her brows rose with inquiry, the Summer could be full of surprises she'd never spoke to him personally before.

Then, the Autumn came up to them. The heat of his Mantle almost as hot as hers was cold. "I wouldn't say it's a knack, Rich. Sometimes there is a temptation to go forward with those talents even risking exposure from not only your Fetch, but previous family and far worse; a Keeper or Fae."

As the two did some sort of 'bro' thing, the Onyx wondered how Fawkes would react. It was a sweet 'dance' or sorts from one guy to another, a strange attempt to non-verbally say that one would like to be on good terms with another. She just hoped it didn't fall flat. Although the 'Nancy' name caused visible confusion on her face.

When the compliment came, she gave a bow of thanks with her head. "Thank you, I appreciate it. I think your suit looks great, and festive as well." She smiled sweetly.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

Fawkes ponders the question that the Winter Queen asked of him, "I don't know. I lost a lot to the Thorns," he answers plainly, "John suggested I make something," he looks at his hands as he flexes the pale articulated joints, "It doesn't appeal to me, but I'm willing to do it. Call me curious."

He looks at Richard in askance, self-conscious that the Elemental was lacking in interesting social avenues among two Sovereigns. The Iron Spear's attention automatically drifts back to the center of commotion where the Emerald Courtiers have tried to take back control of the bar. Abraham Norton was the only figure that posed a physical buffer.

"Should I get rid of them?" the mannequin asks as his hand drifts idly from his side.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-31 15:45:40 Fawkes rolls 10 to Control the Elements (Manipulation + Wyrd + 1 for amount of glass in the bar) (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 7, 5, 7, 10, 2, 1, 7, 3, 6, 10, 9 3 successes

There is a low hum, slowly rising in a crescendo as the glasses and bottles in the bar begin vibrating, the lighter pieces beginning to float as the Elemental raises his arm.

Fawkes looks to Queen Ingrid, and then back towards the Hobbes.

7. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

(Kith Blessing)Glamour 1 Spent

”Thank you, Sasha. It isn’t often I get the chance to wear something so loud so I figured I would throw caution to the wind and just go with it. What is the point of owning something a little outside of the box if you never get to wear it.”

He gave her a kind smile, she was a sweet woman. To know why turned to the court of sorrow is something he is frightened to ask. There was another matter, however, that of the elemental taking up a defensive position. The Queen however…

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-02 21:23:07 Richard Price rolls 3 to Read the Spring Queen (10 Again) 5, 7, 3 failure

She seemed to be taking the matter in stride, Rich would assume she has dealt with such before. Bubbly and stoic was an odd combination but not unheard of. However, he was not about to let Summer be the penny that derailed the spring party as the elementals actions were already creating a reaction.

”That is enough, Fawkes. We are in good company. I believe the Queen of the Emerald court would not thrust herself into the jaws of unknown hobbes.”

The Ogre placed a hand casually on the hand of the elemental, not a hard grip but a more reassuring one. It was a subtle cue however that he was going to need to cut the contract now.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-02 21:32:09 Richard Price rolls 13 to Persuade Fawkes there is no need for this (Man + Per + Mantle) (10 Again) 3, 2, 3, 1, 10, 10, 7, 3, 4, 6, 6, 8, 10, 4, 4, 7 4 successes

Last edited by Richard Price; Apr 2nd, 2019 at 09:34 PM.  Reason for Edit: expenditure

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

The mannequin was ready to do the job he always did. Bullets and knives were a matter of course, but not the barrage of social ques.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-03 12:45:43 Fawkes rolls 4 to read the room (Wits + Socialize, No Reroll for Seeming Curse) 4, 10, 7, 5 1 success

He can almost track the ripple effect through the tavern. The intense hawkish eyes of Freya was watching him, he would have missed Maxwell Pierce quirking an eyebrow in askance; lost to the other personalities in the room. The most telling was Queen Ingrid ,

"My mistake, M'am," he says, blinking. The Darkling's attention would have noted, for just a flicker, the glass around the Hobbes sharpening.

Cole is motioning for him to go outside, and Fawke's attention clicks to the momentary distraction, and now John of all people has a sudden surge of confidence that would have made anyone look twice. Apparently Spring was in full effect.

He opens his mouth to respond to the Mirrorskin, and suddenly Circe is in his face as the nimble thief glides across the room with grace only known to Fairest.

Somewhere in the background Abraham Norton is cursing and waving him over to the bar as well, and he misses Titania 's death glade when the striking Summer is asking if he's having fun. Another attempt to talk.

Circe would note that despite his placid expression, the rapid eye movement and silent stammering is clearly the social anxiety and confusion of an Elemental being overwhelmed.

A massive hand comes down on his shoulder and he jumps, the glass around his immediate area falling as well. He catches a few at the last moment, but he can't deny the second round of explosions is hits an inherent vice that satisfies. The Summer King's insistence prevents the instinctive twitch of his arm to instigate a grapple.

An inhuman thrum starts in the back of his throat as he noticeably shrinks. The glass around him is collected in a dazzling swirl, and using Cole as his model for behaviour, he reforms it into the amalgamation of rose centerpiece with feathers that match Exegesis' pretty mask.

He detaches from the two Sovereigns to briskly cross the room.

Fawkes returns to the Main Thread

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord sweeps over to the pair on Sovereigns, the icy winds of his mantle heralding his arrival.

"Lady Sasha," he says with a smile and a bow. "Looking radiant as always. And Mr Price.... Or Lord, I should say. I hear congratulations are in order, taking over the mantle of King of the Iron Spear. I hope we can work together as well as I did with your predecessor. It certainly seems like she has no regrets at the change," he says, looking over to the bouncy form of Circe.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

S
    Sasha

Sasha had only stood there, perplexed as to what had happened. More so why it happened. Things went amiss, and then some words were spoken. She was more so alarmed that more disturbances were happening at yet another Coronation.

One would have thought that lessons would have been learned from the last time this all happened. The Fairest had no place to say no this time. This was not her season, nor her event. At least her Sovereign spoke up about it.

She breathed in after Fawkes had left. The Dancer had wanted to speak to him more, but it seemed the walls closed in and he was reacting accordingly it seemed.

Clothing, yes, back to clothing. "Well, I say wear the loud things." Chuckling softly. "I wear some eye catching things on occasion. It depends on what I am feeling head space wise."

"And thank you Lord Rhodes." She'd been watching Circe here and there. Rhodes was right and the Fairest wondered if she even put up an argument over it.

"Other than wearing Green, do we know if the Springs had any other requests or events this evening?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread