Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(The Eye) Crones Reporting to Prince

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded when Ale pointed out 'seems'.

To Thomas, "Maybe the university has an expert in religions who could help research?"

K
    Krieg

Krieg remained silent throughout the dialogue. It was Thomas's show, and he had little else to contribute. While he found the Ventrue's humor amusing, for a fleeting second, he frowned. Good joke, just wrong place, wrong time.

Finally he spoke, "This is the best we can determine at the moment."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She watches him cover and place it out of sight. She wasn’t too happy with some random rock getting into her head.

“Actually to run an empire like my own it take intelligence, spotting bullshit when you hear it, and the willingness to eliminate those who dare test your patience or have outlived their usefulness.”
    They were not the same.

“You sound quite sure in that assessment. Me? I don’t find a reason to trust some rock. One never assumes they are safe simply because something hasn’t happened yet.” You always gain trust before making a move.

An eyebrow raised, “Shared custody? Like some sort of child?” the idea just stupid to her.

“Where you decide to travel is on you, and your wallet.”
    Not humored.

And there is was. What they wanted.

“Have you considered reaching out to other Crones around the world?”
    she wasn’t about to grant Tenancy for a fucking library. The Crone had done little as of late to earn it.

"How is it secured? Vault? Or something else?"
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

T
    Thomas Boyle

Ah, there you have it. How come a high rank always comes with so much wax in one's ears?

He nods to Mable "It's probable, and a good line of inquiry. We can try it... if we get the green light" His eyes return to the Gangrel Boss

"I never suggested I trust the Eye, nor did I ever call it 'safe', Your Majesty" This is not the first time he has to explain complex things to laity. It has made him resistant to ignorance and ridicule alike "I merely stated that the long-term benefits outweigh short-term dangers"

As for custody "Not quite" He pretends not to see the unpleasant implication "Merely a recognition of mutual effort, an attempt at fresh perspectives. The idea was that the Eye is to be stored in the Temple until the Church secures a suitable haven. Then, it'd regularly change hands"

Also, it appears his attempt at levity falls on deaf ears.

"Unlike the Invictus, the Circle is a decentralized Covenant, so there's no guarantee of help. I entertained the idea of writing to the Crones in Salt Lake, where I originally resided, but obviously didn't want to involve outside parties without your specific permission" He explains. But then, a vault? No, miss, unless you squeeze out that sweet Tenancy you can't have a cookie and eat it too "It rests in an underground chamber in the Temple. I can't think of any other place for which I could vouch, as far as security of Kindred and kine goes"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable's mind sometimes works slow. She had been running Thomas's words around in her head. She realized what he thought he needed from the Prince. Tenancy, something that was not an issue for the crone.

"Thomas, I believe we are fine with expanding the farm and temple and including as big a library as needed. Please correct me if I am wrong... I apologize if I over simplify the matter or misspeak.

Your Grace, I requested this meeting with you today so we could alert you to what we have experienced and found. After we had found the other issue Krieg and I had promised we would let you know when we found anything else occult related. I believe what we now seek is your permission to continue our research on the occult object. We are also seeking the perimeters which you will be comfortable with us using. Such as other crone and the local university. I...We realize the safety of the domain and maintaining the masquerade are the top priorities.
    " Mable hoped that the Prince understood she was trying to do what was expected and that she respected the Prince.

K
    Krieg

Allowing his Acolytes to take 'center stage' as it were seemed to be working. Tribulation brings Enlightenment. It was good to see them getting comfortable with speaking to authority figures.

"My peers speak rightly. We wanted to keep you in the loop as it were."

She wanted information on everything he did. As Krieg saw it, he was compliant.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Short term dangers that you cannot identify. Until those dangers are outlined and neutralized, they outweigh whatever benefit you see.” And that was that to her.

“Where is this Temple? Because to be frank, I’d rather that thing not be in the city. Not until there is reassurance it is not a danger to us, this Domain or the Kine. And that is not open to debate.” They wanted to play with it, do outside the city limits.

“I see no problems with you seeking help, but if anyone enters this Domain, they come here first. To met with either myself or Archon Twist.”
    Oh yes, Twist was going to be told about this.

Her attention turns to Mable, “Oh, the other issue that caused my direct orders to be conveniently overlooked until I brought it up? I’m well aware of it. And it makes me less likely to trust any of you.” No, not less likely, she just didn’t trust them. “I have no issues with you researching it. But like I said, outside the city. I also laid out my terms for seeking outside help. Since one of you has already shown a basic lack of reporting abilities, I will place it on you Miss Wood, to report what is going on with it. Everything is to be reported. I will not be lenient a second time my orders are ignored.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

T
    Thomas Boyle

Well, it seems some Crones are in dire need of learning what 'party line' is. Still, all things considered, this was an acceptable compromise. As long as the Gangrel Prince didn't order them to throw it out of the window...

"The Temple is located in Valencia, on [address]. It's a repurposed church. We'll make sure you're notified of any developments" He smiles "Do you have any preference as to where exactly the Eye should be stored?"

So far so good. As the meeting seems to be winding down they are still alive, not exiled, and basically given a free hand. Could be worse.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes your Grace. I will report regularly to you about our progress. Would you like me to meet with Twist and give her a preliminary report about the artifact also? I will keep anyone you feel needs to know in the loop." It was an unspoken promise, but one she would keep. She knew the Prince needed to keep the domain safe and that was also Mable's mission, even above the desire to know more about the object.

K
    Krieg

He had heard much of the same tirade before. There was a critical difference. She had told them to move it out of the Domain's boundaries. Her lack of trust came as no surprise. He silently regarded the situation as, 'expected' in his mind.

He simply nodded.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread