Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt grunts at Emily, apparently accepting that she isn't trying to provoke him with the stream of height-related nicknames.

"Smart is good, but waiting isn't." he says in response to her statements about the infestations. "I'm not saying we just jump into the middle. I am saying, we should look for where something is overextended and hit it hard. Send a message. Make them think about caution." he says. "We don't have to do too much, and make them all think about teaming up against us. As long as there's stuff out there, they are all each others enemies too."

Matt grunts at Brigit's observations.

"It's been...a few years," he says."But most of that...I was traveling alone, down the coast from Washington, mostly wolfing it." he says. "I got into a Pack, they were...Lodge of the Savior. They helped me a lot, to get my head straight. My Change was, a Rahu thing, I guess. Messy."

After a pause, Matt says, "Yeah. No tribe. Alpha's okay with it."

He grunts again in acknowledgment of what Brigit has to say about her, childhood friend(?) and about the Pure. Some of it strikes him as wishful thinking, but she definitely seems to have inside knowledge about the Pure and their tactics.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily chuckles. "It's good to know he can look after himself. If you're really not into it I could always distract him for you," she says with a cheeky smile, which quickly fades as Brigit's words continue. "No-one should be made to pair against their will."

The Ithaeur nods as they talk about cars, moving around to her driver's door. opening it she reaches in and pulls out a business card, the "Makerith Motors" logo embossed over a crescent moon. "Don't ask about the logo. Dad's choice." She squirms sheepishly. "But if you do, you can bring this guy of yours. Wouldn't be the first time I've held a little get together. Maybe we need another."

Emily finishes her cigarette and stubs the butt in the car ashtray. "I've watched for a long time, B. Watched and able to do nothing. I fought tooth and claw to keep those frikking spiders off the little shred of land I call home." It's not said with hostility, more a suppression of breaking down again. "You're both right. I'd like to do something about it. Maybe we will."

She stretches. "First step is getting us together. All of us. Making a plan. Where to hit. I've got a couple of ideas in mind. See what the chief thinks. Oh, and as far tribe goes? You should talk with Chris and Bea here about the Suthur Anzuth. I think it might be a good fit for you."
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit
    Brigit Scenes

PRE

Brigit offers a slow nod to Brigit, her face adopting a knowing expression.

"I hear you, mine wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows either,"
    she says, "People died. The Change ain't always about auspice, a lot of it is circumstance too I think. I was already... hunting when it happened. The First Change just ensured I finished it."

A pause. It was a night Brigit still remembered, even if there were times she wished she could forget it. Those times were rare though, as she had accepted what she was a long time ago. The deaths were unfortunate, but it was something that had been beyond her control.

Brigit gives Emily a forced smile.

"So you understand why I'm a little hesitant to hop to it then," she offers, "The Pure are dedicated to their war. And wars need soldiers. If I'm being honest, I've run into a few Forsaken who felt the same. We'll see where it goes... but that depends on... well, it depends on a lot."

Taking the card, Brigit relaxes. "I'll definitely come by at least," the once-Pure says, "I dunno about Zeek. He's usually pretty busy at the shop, but we'll see."

Then a pause as she looks at both of her compatriots' expressions.

"He's a good guy. Honest," she affirms, "It's just... he's from the old life, y'know? It's a little weird. And I'm not sure if I'm still hanging around because I want to or if I'm still feeling bound to what I promised."

Brigit doesn't offer anything more on the subject of the Azlu. That was a discussion for the pack as a whole. The once-Pure does, however, give a breath of relief when the focus goes away from the Hosts and her fucked up living situation though.

"Sure, I can tell you a bit if you want to, Matt," she says, "Just one thing to know before you decide to really learn: Being Suthar Anzuth is more than just fighting. We aren't just brawlers and we aren't soldiers either. Brawlers have no restraint or discipline and soldiers don't have the right initiative, as they've been taught to follow orders without thought regarding motive. We strive to become ideal warriors. Disciplined, but acting without hesitation or prompts to action. If that sounds like something that interests you, give me a call. I may be formerly-Pure, but I completed the trials just like the rest of my tribemates. If I vouch for you after calling for a meeting, they'll listen, even if they won't want to. Then completing the trials is up to you."

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt grimaces a little at the offer of help fixing his lack of tribe.

"Hey. I can appreciate it. Felix offered too. I just; I'm not ready." he says, looking uncomfortable, a snarl in his voice. "I do want to learn, whatever I can, but I am not ready to choose a tribe," he says. "The Pack is enough for me."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily sniggers and waves down at herself. "I look like a soldier to you?" She shrugs. "I'm a survivor. I always prefer loving to fighting but I don't run from one neither. I... don't want to go out and look for fights with the Pure, but if they come here, try to take my home, I'll rip their nuts off." It doesn't sound much like a joke.

Still, the punky Ithaeur smiles. "Up to him. Maybe I'll stop by if easier. But I'm liking this gathering up idea. At least my space is my own - seems like most of us don't have the space to host a pack party."

She gives Matt a smile. "You gotta know if it's right. If it's not, no need to force it. All I'll say is it gives you a little bond beyond the pack. Useful, if you decide to keep moving."

She fumbles in some pockets on her leather jacket and starts rolling another cigarette.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit
    Brigit Scenes

PRE

Brigit listens to Matt, noting his hesitance, as her brows perk.

"You think I was ready to join the Urdaga?"
    she asks rhetorically, "Change is something that usually comes when we're not ready for it. I ain't gonna force it or anything, since it seems like you want to learn more about the other tribes, but its something you should consider looking into soon. With the Anshega closing in, it'll be a boon to join a greater tribe. Get a few allies outside of the Pack, maybe a few connections too. The decision is yours."

It may have been playing Devil's Advocate, but Brigit felt she hadn't laid it on too thick. Either way, there were a lot of good things that could arise from joining a tribe and she wanted Matt to understand that. He was only hurting himself by not moving further down the Path of the Forsaken. Still, the choice was his.

She offers a smile to Emily as she again lightens the mood.

"Loving to fighting, huh?"
    she says, her voice and expression going coy. She lets the tease sit for a moment before moving on.

"Soldiers probably wasn't the right term," she admits, "Warriors is probably more apt. And if you're a survivor you can definitely be a warrior... It's wise not to seek the Anshega out right away. They got the numbers and, frankly, we got work to do. Once the Tur is in balance and the spirits are on our side... the gloves will come off."

Her smile tugs wider at the prospect of a gathering.

"I'd be down," she says, "Contrary to what I might have been signaling, I am eager to meet everyone. I'm just being careful, y'know?"

10. Likes Xadun, Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt scowls but listens nonetheless as Emily Makerith and Brigit talk about the benefits of committing to a specific Tribe. He doesn't say anything further about it, one way or the other.

"Sounds like cleaning up the neighborhood is the best way to get ready then." he says when Brigit finishes. "Good. I don't plan to go anywhere else."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Ithaeur gives Brigit a wicked grin. "Yeah. I know the best spots if Zeeks doesn't get your motor running."

Mmm. Come to think of it, that sounds like a good idea.

She nods. "I know what you meant. I had to be more Cunning than anything. I'm an Iron Master. By name and nature."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-04 14:43:23 Emily Makerith rolls 4 to Call Fire: Stam+Surv+Purity (10 Again) 6, 10, 10, 2, 5, 8 3 successes

Emily lights the cigarette with a bright flare from her hand. "Oh yeah. I'll get everyone together very soon." She gestures at the card. "That'll be the place. I think everyone but Nate knows where I am now, and I've his number. Um. Somewhere." She gives a smirk and a shrug.

I think we're on the way down. Shall we wind this up? I've got the met-&-greet up and running already.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit
    Brigit Scenes

PRE

Brigit looks at Matt, studying him for a moment.

"Spoken like a true Rahu," she says, her tone easily conveying her compliment, "Just remember it ain't all about preparing the body and fighting the good fight, you gotta look into this too."

The once-Pure touches her temple, indicating the mind.

"Sounds corny, I know," she says, "but choosing a tribe to undertake your trials for isn't a small decision. Still, once you do, you'll have a connection one of the Firstborn themselves and, like we said, a greater family beyond the Pack."

Alright, Brig. That's enough lecturing today. Lay off.

Emily's statement catches Brigit off guard, her timid nature easily conveying as much as her cheeks become lightly flushed with color. Nonetheless, the newest member of the Clarion Call's eyebrows perk up with obvious interest.

However, she and Emily are not alone. And Matt is already uncomfortable enough.

At the mention of a new gathering, Brigit nods. "I'll be there."

Then a hesitation as Brigit nips her lower lip, considering how to proceed.

"But if you ever do want a, uh... girl's night," she says, "Let me know."

Smooth...

Shut up.

Good to wind out on my end too!

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt listens to what Emily and Brigit have to say, obviously feeling that with the agreement to kick some ass in the local Hisil, there really isn't anything else that needs to be talked about for now. He rolls his eyes at the girl talk, but doesn't otherwise express his lack of interest. He perks up at the talk of a larger gathering of the Pack.

Thanks for letting me crash the scene! Much fun and very helpful and enjoyable. Good to close

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last