Ended
Watch

(2019) A Good Gift?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

Wait, Summer territory? Mapping out the Thorns? What is Cole on about?

"You do realize the Hedge is mutable on its own accord, not to mention by powerful Lost and the True? Most maps wouldn't do you any good, in fact it's a great way to wander where you don't want to be" And then the Iron Spear smith says something that really grinds Abraham's gears!

"A pretty face and a nice voice? Is that all I am to you?" The tone reverberates in mock hurt. A theatrical sigh follows as the knight-errant fishes out a coin from his pocket. Springing it high up in the air, the Flowering unsheathes his sword and seconds later, where there was a whole now are two halves, resting in Abe's palm for all to see.

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-25 03:17:05 Abraham Norton rolls 12 to Cut things in half (Dex + Weaponry + sword) (10 Again) 1, 3, 9, 9, 10, 7, 5, 9, 1, 10, 7, 1, 1, 2 5 successes

"First rule of Hedge survival? Looks are deceiving" A grin is flashed, wide and with a predatory undertone, making the Cheshire Cat come to mind "Still, I wouldn't mind a blade made as skillfully as that flower. We can discuss it after the expedition" He also nods to Exegesis. He wanted to see swordplay in action? Here's a taste.

"I never was one for armor. A bit too obvious in most cases, and restricts movement. Still, if you want raw materials I can get you some - briar wolf, cockatrice, basilisk, you name it. In fact, there still might be some left from my latest trip. The smoked meat is on the tables over yonder, all the rest is in storage" Abraham smiles. Is it posturing if you advertise the skills you actually have?

And then the Vernal sovereign makes her grand entrance and, with a laugh, Abraham Norton bows in her direction "The woman of the hour! And it doesn't seem like she plans a speech..."

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    (Wrath's fire can break any metal.)
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Cole marveled at the sword's construction, wondering who was responsible for such a craft... He had hunted those things? He didn't know what a briar wolf was exactly, but he wanted to make something from it.

"Oh not at all- you're much more than a pretty face and a nice voice. Your swordplay is also quite exceptional."
    A blade that cuts a coin? That was a nice trick. Still... Cole's idea seemed perfect for the flowering.

"And I would love to- I'll contact you after the party, then?"
    Noting the arrival of the Spring Queen, Cole grinned and packed his creation back up.

"OH! Sorry, have to get back then! Um... Do I open it in public or just give her the case? Oh dear!"

Cole leaves the scene, checking to make sure he looks... Decent?

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Mantle: Spring
    Exegesis Agarwal

Mien: Skin of polished amber, eyes replaced with a star field.

PRE

Clearly impressed by the coin trick.
    "If you still have the skins, in a usable state, what would you want for them?"
    Noticing the clamor.
    "We should get back."
    Likewise leaving the scene.

Defense: 2 Armor: 0 Speed: 9 (10); Sling & Sjambok wrapped around each other as a belt.

A
    Abraham Norton

"Nothing" he answers the Gandharva with a smile "Call it a welcome package. Besides, I have no use for them, lacking the skill to actually make anything of them. You, on the other hand..." a thought, unspoken, hangs in the air.

"Yes. Let's"

Abraham returns to the main thread. The corner empties

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Exegesis Agarwal

PRE

Continuing to whirl and carry Cole along in the spin, tied to a tune apparently extant only in Exegesis's mind, "Remember Abraham said to wait until after a speech if there was one? I don't think that was the speech. Give it a little time. And I still didn't get your name."

Defense: 2 Armor: 0 Speed: 9 (10); Sling & Sjambok wrapped around each other as a belt.

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Abraham's last words before Cole left were "And it doesn't seem like she plans a speech" :3 Cole ran with that.

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Exegesis Agarwal

PRE

I'm assuming Exegesis missed that. Feel free to point out the error IC

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

OY!"

Being suddenly grabbed in the middle of so much potential dangers during a heightened moment, perhaps unsurprisingly, elicited an appropriate response. But after realizing who had grabbed him

"Oy. Knighty said she wasn't planning a speech."

Cole folds his arms, and returns back to the Spring Queen.

Cole leaves the scene

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Exegesis Agarwal

PRE

"Did he? Alright, wait there was still... Ok that moment's passed."
    Exegesis continues the dance movement alone as a way of stepping back into the larger group.

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Exegesis Agarwal

PRE

Mind if we close this? We don't seem to be using it and I'd like to use this slot to enter another scene.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread