Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    (Wrath's fire can break any metal.)
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Cole's smile faded as he looked to make sure they had some privacy, turning towards the Knight. Cole hoped the flowering saw him as enough of a friend to be honest about what the hedgespinner had in store.

"Hey Lad... Ah... I decided to make a better entrance for myself this time around, considering how last freehold's celebration went. So em... I made something, for the Spring Queen Lass. I was wondering if you could help me with a way of presenting it? Er... What the best approach would be for it?"

Setting the bag down, Cole ruffles through and pulls out the faded box- meant to hold trinkets and jewelry for sale, worn with age.

"I didn't know who I could trust honestly with it, but you're the most... Noble... person I've met, and I thought you'd know the best way of things being Spring and all..."

Cole was actually rather nervous for once- his craft was important to him, and this was the first time he'd really put effort into something like this. He hesitated to show Abraham Norton the gift inside.

A
    Abraham Norton

Still smiling from his fortunate encounter with the Winter Queen, Abraham makes his way to the quieter corner where Cole stands. He listens to the smith, smiles warmly at his words that clearly signify a measure of trust built.

"Well, the safe route would be to let the work speak for itself... as someone with experience of making a living with words, I can tell you there's a lot of ways to overdo talking" He extends his hand for the box and, if the Metalflesh-turned-Floweing allows him, will examine it more closely, trying its weight "Of course, we could try to devise something more... elaborate, but in any case this is your gift and it wouldn't be right if I took any of the credit. I can be your prompter if it comes to that, though"

"Also, it'd help if I knew what was inside. I don;t think it'll reach any ears besides mine, with how loud this party is" who knew a bunch of crazed hobs can be used as a cover? "And thank you, for your trust. It means a lot"

The knight-errant notices Volker's fidgeting "You nervous? Don't be - Queen Ingrid is a very easy-going person, even for Spring standards"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-24 04:14:55 Abraham Norton rolls 3 to Read feelings (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 3, 5, 8 1 success

Is this thread in the right subforum? Shouldn't it be in 'Eternal Seasons' Yumyumcrow ?

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Cole simply nodded. He wasn't much for one-on-ones and serious discussions anyways. The Spring Knight would have the best approach, most likely.

"I... Was very angry recently. And I needed something to channel it. Something to temper my... Wrath."

The metalflesh slowly opened the box and revealed what was inside

It glowed softly with a violent orange hue, and had the unmistakable tint of something metallic. And yet, were someone to feel it they might discern the hedgespun origins.

"I mean... The hedge and hedgespun reacts to people and things around it. So I just.. Put that into a flower. It's not much, but it's... Well, something. It should change, when exposed to someone else. Something else. In the future I can do more, but this seemed a good start?"
    The hedgesmith scratched the back of his head and laughed gently

"Also I wanted to get the word out that I could do stuff like this. Everyone has such beautiful outfits out there."

Yeah first time trying this sorry if it isn't right!

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Mantle: Spring
    Exegesis Agarwal

Mien: Skin of polished amber, eyes replaced with a star field.

PRE

“It's a beautiful piece,” says Exegesis, leaning in to see “If you don't mind my saying.”
    The amber-skinned androgen stepped forward, apparently comfortable inserting hirself into the conversation. “I'm Exegesis, and I was also thinking to present the Spring Queen with a gift as well.” Turning to Abraham, “I was going to ask when it might be appropriate to present it.” then turning back to Cole, “Incidentally, I think it would wear well with yours.”

Lifting the lid of the hatbox, a green leather Columbina mask and matching jeweled turban can be seen.

“Working with the Renaissance Fair scene I've met a lot of smiths, but I've always wanted to meet one who was among the Lost. You'd be the first. Perhaps we could collaborate on something sometime? I didn't catch your name.”

Defense: 2 Armor: 0 Speed: 9 (10); Sling & Sjambok wrapped around each other as a belt.

A
    Abraham Norton

An eyebrow is raised as Cole admits falling to anger.

"Did something happen?" There's probably a joke to be made about Summers being constantly angry, but Abraham's found long ago that the Courts' signature emotions are no laughing matter "Can I help?"

The box is opened and the knight-errant whistles in awe. He's accustomed to beauty, but this is something else "I have to echo Exegesis here, that is really an exceptional creation" When the Gandharva approaches, he receives a silent nod "The mask and turban are also unique. As for the right time... first, the Queen has to make an appearance" He chuckles at his own joke "I don't know if an address is prepared, but if it is - Ingrid may be too preoccupied by it to fully appreciate your gifts. I'd advise paying close attention for a while - if it looks like a speech is in store, then wait until after it is done. If it is not, I'd advise going full sail towards her"

He looks at Exegesis "Especially in your case. From what I understand, you have not yet been fully acknowledged by the Verdant Queen"

Abraham doesn't interfere with the introductions or dealings regarding cooperation. The other two may be artists as well, but the medium they shape is vastly different from the Flowering's.

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

Cole is surprised at Abraham's desire to help. The elemental wasn't always used to such ready assistance. It was... Touching.

"Ah... Yes, I am fine. I had to use my words instead of my strength for once- and my words weren't a good outlet for my emotions, as it turns out. My hollow-home has seen better days though haha!"

Cole was surprised at the new Spring-crafters works and words. Was this hedgespun as well? Cole could not immediately tell. Though, no doubt Spring could accommodate such shapers... Just look at the size of their bar.

"Perhaps. I do not normally create clothing- I usually work with metals, or the hedge equivalent. Are you capable of shaping wyrd-stuff? Actually that's another thing I'd hoped to talk to ya about."
    If he was a creator of things, then this new person would also be welcome.

"Circe and I've been gathering parts for my chopper, and we'd like to go on a... er... diplomatic/scouting/gathering mission afterwards. I have a proper forge, I've gathered some raw stuff. It's a bit cramped, but I'd welcome the help- and if you want to make something while you're there, or have me make something, or whatever, I wouldn't mind one bit."

It would be fun. Well, Cole's idea of fun. He wasn't sure if two spring petals would enjoy the heat of a forge and the sound of a chopper. He'd also wanted to look at improving his hollow-space a bit, and could certainly use ideas.

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Exegesis Agarwal

PRE

"I've found I can't really work with hedge materials very well. No head for the arcane, yet. It's a personal goal of mine at the moment. The trip you are talking about with Circe, is that the same one Fawkes was going on? I heard about him doing a kind of hedge-mission, and was interested. As far as metal work, I was thinking about getting into making functional armor, and combining leather and metal works for that. Have you ever had one of those thoughts that hit you with an almost embarrassing level of obvious? That's what making armor is like for me. I've been making costume armor for years, and only just recently tried something that's actually protective. Not using hedgespinning is a barrier for that."

Defense: 2 Armor: 0 Speed: 9 (10); Sling & Sjambok wrapped around each other as a belt.

A
    Abraham Norton

More talk of crafts. Not excactly Abraham's strong suit, so he prefers to just listen. Something catches his interest, though...

"Tell me more of this... mission in the Hedge. I'd be inclined to lend a hand" The most curious part? Diplomacy Far as they know, the local Brambles are devoid of organized communities

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

"With Summer gaining ground, it seemed prudent to start doing what Summer does best. But, lacking more serious numbers, we'd hoped to enlist some of the local hobbes for hedge-security in Summer territory. We also need to start mapping out the thorns in our area, since we're capable now. No True will get the jump on ours and ours."
    Cole grins at the charming Flowering

"Not sure if a pretty face would help with negotiating with hobbes, but a soothing voice might. And regardless, from what I recall your fighting style is more... Finessy? I've ideas for a blade. Wouldn't be very magical- not yet anyways. But it'd look a damn sight prettier than some mundane toothpick; which would be rather fitting, yeh?"
    The metalflesh nodded towards the spring crafter.

"Armor's in my range, but I find some of the modern security stuff doesn't feel... Right... With Wyrd stuff. But full on platemail? Chainmail? Studded leather? Aye. Give me the right hides and I could make it. Heard of wolves in the hedge? I'd love to make some leather armor from that. Should send a clear message too... I don't suppose any of you can hunt?"
    And now the idea was stuck in his head. Hedge-beast hide... mmmm... Cole would have to draw schematics.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Exegesis Agarwal

PRE

Exegesis smiled, "Oh I've no idea how to make modern armor, so you're talking about the sort of thing I'm thinking of." Ze pauses, studying Cole's face. "I can see the gears turning. I love seeing the gears turning. It's part of why I teach." Putting down the hatbox. "I've made a full-leather lamellar, but proper lamellar uses steel plates, and that's just outside of my bailiwick. I also recently made myself a sling, to try out hunting with it. The result was... educational. Educational in the sense that it educated me as to why no one hunts with slings anymore. As far as getting help from the local hobs, I can be particularly useful there. I've some experience with contract negotiation." Turning to Abraham, "And I'd love to see your swordwork in action. I find myself getting excited about this venture."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread