Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Echelon) Beautiful, Dirty, Rich

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Well. That was certainly a conversation to be had. Living with her? Alicia smiled, pleased with the compliment of this legendary lady wishing to have her so close by. There were obvious impossibilities with that, but the Sheriff's immediate need was access. "So quickly, hmm? I'm so flattered," she replied, equal parts pleased and cautionary as she let her gentle persuasion work to suggest that perhaps, perhaps, that was just a little (a lot) quick. She didn't know Alten from Adam yet, and nobody moved that fast, even in this business - and Alicia Abernathy had caution to consider as well as money. Alten was high end, but so was she. "Why don't we start down that way with you telling me a bit about yourself? You've got such a jet-setting life. What drives a person to be so... well, you?"

Absolutely a compliment.

Lina's roll is not restricted by Humanity due to Coil of Souls 1.

3 sux to get her talking and to slow her roll some
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-16 02:25:24 Lina Moretti rolls 10 to Manipulation + Persuasion + Striking Looks + 2 for Character + 1 for Wine (10 Again) 3, 5, 5, 2, 8, 6, 1, 9, 3, 10, 4 3 successes

S
    Steven

"Well, I'm 29, I have a masters degree from Harvard business. I worked overseas for a while before being headhunted by my current organization." Erika says as she swirls a finger tip around the rim of her glass. "As for the jet setting. I'm not really sure how much longer I want to do that. I may strike out on my own. Maybe settle down in a nice place." A couple gets up and makes their way to the dance floor to slowly sway at to the calming jazz. Another group makes their way to the bar...

L
    Lina Moretti

She wasn't sure how long she wanted to do her current work? That didn't sound like a vampire's minion. Had she moved on the wrong target?

She flashed the girl a smile as she spoke. "Well, when it's done, no doubt that will be... nice. I can only imagine the sacrifices that you have to make to do it." Alicia sipped at the wine before gently placing it down. "I'm curious -- where was it you first wanted to go before we changed it up?"

The fact that she'd gotten one order, then it had changed - was she slipping her handlers or something? A glance to the group at the bar briefly, before she returned her attention to Alten.

S
    Steven

"Just a little restaurant I know of. But my boss, when he found out I had a date, he recommended I take my date here. He was right, this place is fantastic. Much better then some little Italian place."

A waitress comes by to refresh the glasses of the two women.

L
    Lina Moretti

Her boss?

Had she been made? Was someone maneuvering them to this place?

"Oh, that's nice of him! What's his name? Have you guys been working together long?"

She smiles at the waitress - playing it cool and casual. Glancing about, she couldn't spy anyone watching them...

fail perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-24 12:58:41 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Wits + Composure (-3 penalties negated by Trained Observer) (10 Again) 5, 3, 4, 5, 4 failure

S
    Steven

"Yeah, a few years. They recruited me directly out of grad school and shortly their after I started working for Mr. Comgal's team. It's been a eye opening experience." The club continues to move and groove along to the music. The all business lady lets out an exasperated sigh, letting her guard down perhaps? "I can't wait for this project to move forward though. It's taking a lot out of me. I almost had to cancel tonight all together."

L
    Lina Moretti

So Comgal was her boss. All right, that made sense, someone higher up that put significant demands on her. That was something to work with. She smiled kindly, noting the sigh, noting the attitude. "I'm sure there's all kinds of things you can't tell me about it, given trade secrets and all that, but... call me curious...?"

The rest was unspoken. What were they working on that was so hard?

Leave it open-ended, so Alten could fill in whatever piece she wanted. Sure, it probably wouldn't reveal much, but the purpose of those tunnels under Rosemont-Mather was certainly something she needed to figure out.

S
    Steven

"NDA's are a real pain in the ass." Erika says as she leans forwards to offer an open hand across the table, but just then, her phone rings. "Excuse me," She takes the phone out, "Only my boss calls me, everyone else texts." She presses the green button and pushes the phone to her ear.

"Yes Sir," Erika stands up and walk away from the table and toward the lady's room.

L
    Lina Moretti

The Sheriff smiled as the hand reached across the table -- but it was taken away as work interrupted her again. That it was her boss, though, that caught Lina's interest. It was hard to hear in a place like this, but she was pretty good at picking things out. Sipping her wine, she listened as the young agent for Echelon walked away.

What did Comgal want...

2 sux PER with Trained observer and heightened senses, hearing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-29 16:14:46 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Perception (Trained Observer) (10 Again) 9, 10, 3, 1, 7, 7 2 successes

S
    Steven

"How is the date going," It is a smooth baritone, a regal voice.

Erika continues to make her way to the bathroom door.

"It is going well, Sir, thank you. This place is very nice. Thank you."

"Of course. How is your new friend?"

Erika looks back and smiles, making eye contact with the woman who is not Alicia. "She is lovely," Giving a little wave before entering the woman's rest room. The conversation begins to fade and the last thing that Lina can hear over the noise of the bar and through the bathroom door is.

"Good, I am pleased that things seem to be going well. You will need to bring....." And the conversation trails off. Lina has heard the sophistication of the man through the phone, a voice she hasn't heard before, but certainly will remember.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.