Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Echelon) Needle

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca raise her hands as a sign of truce. It was too risky to continue her attempts, for now. "I apologize Doctor Johnson. Curiosity, and the persistence that comes with my need to know, are undoubtedly my fatal flaw," she said with a smile. "If we can't discuss the countermeasures, what can we discuss about your work? The unclassified aspects."

S
    Steven

The Doctor seems to accept the apology from The Doctor. "Well, what I can say is this. Our donor has an inspector coming through, to make sure the money is not being misappropriated. It is not uncommon for rich doners to want to see how their money is being spent."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

So there was an intermediary for this unknown donor. "I would be the same if I invested in your research. Important to make sure things are done properly. Which makes me wonder, does this donor sufficiently fund your research? To your satisfaction I mean. Even with the little bit I can gather I believe you are doing quite valuable research and would love to assist financially." She wondered what his reaction to additional funds would be.

S
    Steven

"Well, it's not open ended, but it certainly is not a small check they wrote." The other doctor leans forward, "Between you and me, the last person who wrote the university a check this size got a building named after them."

Johnson's phone vibrates on the desk and he picks it up. "Excuse me," Johnson stands up and makes his way over to stand in front of the window. "Yes Maggie," their was a pause for a moment, "Good, I am glad to hear things are going well."

Do you want to do anything while his back is turned? If not, I will continue the conversation on the phone and then bring Johnson back to you.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca offered the man a chuckle. "Well I do like the sound of 'Simmons Hall'." As the Doctor turned to take his call Rebecca leaned forward slightly and looked around at the man's desk to see if she could spot any clues to help steer their conversation. Then she activated her advanced hearing to see if she could catch anything from the other end of the conversation.

Rebecca used Heightened Senses (Sound)

S
    Steven

This Maggie woman on the phone sounded young, given the vocal fry and the tone she is using, probably a student. The conversation is short and too the point. Rebecca can make out that they are preparing for a private inspection by a group from the donors. Given the nature of the conversation, it is safe to say it was relatively short notice. The conversation ends and the Doctor comes back.

"Sorry about that, where were we? Oh yes Simmons Hall."
    He smiles.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

An inspection. That sounded like a good opportunity to learn more. If they could determine when it would be they could possibly intercept or observe, assuming the sun was down when it happened.

"Yes," she said with a smile, "Simmons Hall. I like the sound of that. I am very interested in becoming a donor making you research a success. For a start, tell me, how [Resources 4] sounds?"

S
    Steven

"Well," He pauses for a moment, "That would be extremely generous. Is there something other then a building you would prefer?" The Doctor's face seems a bit taken aback. He is not sure if she is serious, or if this is a bribe. But...

If you are trying to persuade him into giving you the goods, the dice roll is Manipulation + Persuasion + 4. If you want to see how he would feel about it, before manipulating him, Wits+Empathy

R
    Rebecca Simmons

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-07 09:40:16 Rebecca Simmons rolls 4 to Wits 2 + (Empathy -1) (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 1, 7, 4, 5 1 success

S
    Steven

Rebecca in making eye contact with the Doctor, she seems to think he may not be completely opposed to a bribe.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.