Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Echelon) Needle

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca wore a [url=https://i.imgur.com/MTlDBpb.jpg]professional suit[url] for the evening meeting, and her mask of friendly professionalism matched. Just under her skin she forced a flow of vitae to attempt to appear as human as she could, though her pale appearance was hard to mask completely. As the doctor greeted her she smiled and extended a hand. "Thank you so much for meeting me Doctor Johnson. And yes, I was very interested in learning more about your research. Is there anywhere we can talk privately?"

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-09 14:59:43 Rebecca Simmons rolls 6 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 3, 9, 8, 8, 10, 5, 7 4 successes

Sorry. Blush of Life active.

S
    Steven

The good doctor leads the other good doctor down the hall and into his office. It is starkly clean with books alphabetized and organized by subject. A thin all in one computer sits on the desk. It is locked with a windows 10 lock screen.

"So, what can I help with? Anything specific? or are you just looking for an overview?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Her eyes looked around the office. It seemed he was a man after her own heart, if she had one. Of course she did take note of the computer and its need for a password. "An overview to start would be helpful, since I am quite curious but lacking in details. From what I understand you are doing research on countermeasures to chemical weapons? Do you test said countermeasures against actual chemical weapons?"

S
    Steven

The good Doctor Johnson pauses for a moment before following up, "Yes, that's um, correct. Our doctoral students and several staff are researching countermeasures and inoculations for chemical and biological weapons. A generous grant was given anonymously to provide us with CDC level clean room facilities to do this research. Once we were verified, the government provided us a small amount of the chemicals and agents in order to test our results. We've had some success, so far."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"An anonymous donation, you say? How peculiar. Are there specific chemical and biological weapons that they requested you to test against, and have you been successful in creating countermeasures?" Rebecca had to keep her cool or else her scientific curiosity would get the better of her.

S
    Steven

"Not really, a lot of donations to universities come in anonymously because they don't want other organizations coming to them for money." The Doctor crosses his leg and takes a pad. "I can't really talk about that, part of our deal with the government was to keep what we were actually studying under wraps. Classified and such, all of us signed NDAs."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Ahh, is that so? I did not spend long in academia myself, instead going right into the private sector, so I do not have much experience with that." She then shifted in her seat as she prepared to question him further. "I'd greatly appreciate if you tell me about your work with countermeasures," she said, infusing her words with power.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-16 14:46:58 Rebecca Simmons rolls 7 to Mesmerize (Int 3 + Exp 2 + Dom 2) (10 Again) 3, 6, 3, 1, 6, 6, 9 1 success

Rebecca attempts to Mesmerize the good doctor.

S
    Steven

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-16 18:58:09 Dr. Johnson rolls 6 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 8, 10, 3, 3, 5, 3, 5 2 successes

"I understand, and based on the information from our friend, I'd love to help you. My hands are tied though," The resolute doctor replies.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

So it seemed things weren't going to be easy. Well in science persistence paid off.

"Dr. Johnson. We're talking about science, and we're both researchers here," she said playfully. "Surely there's something you can tell me honestly about your work on countermeasures?" She tried to put her everything into it, going for the more subtle route as well, but she could feel it was weak still.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-19 11:38:23 Rebecca Simmons rolls 10 to Mesmerize (Int 3 + Exp 2 + Dom 2) (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 7, 2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 5, 4, 3, 4 1 success

Rebecca again, very depressingly, to mesmerize the doctor

S
    Steven

A look of dejection crosses the Doctor's face, "I am sorry, but I cannot help you, and unless you change the subject, I am going to have to ask you to leave..."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-21 13:40:13 Dr. Johnson rolls 6 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 3, 4, 9, 9, 8, 2 3 successes

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.