Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I can do some research on a computer but I am not a hacker." Mable gives a shake of her head. "However, if I can figure out the password for the computer I can download all the files onto a flash drive thingy. Usually people like that have their passwords written down near the computer since the passwords have to be changed so often. At least that's what my friends at the station say." Mable shrugged.

"I can shift to a bat and a wolf. As a bat I can fly and glide through most buildings and stay above the cameras. I just need a little crevice to squeeze in through. And umm... anything I put on my person, shifts with me." Mable sounded a little embarrassed to be discussing this openly.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque smirks impishly at Adam's inquiry, "Given our attributes I imagine we'll have more of a challenge getting out of the morgue. Call him, please. We may not need to access the files live if he can program a USB device to clone the computer. That way he can decrypt it later for us."

He nods to Mable, "Understood. Whereas I would be absolutely delighted for it to be that easy, I do not want to move forward without a backup plan. One way or another we need to leave there with the information we came in for." He takes in the response he requested regarding the shapeshifting, too distracted with pondering to notice Mable's embarrassment, "That actually may come in use."

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-28 21:20:13 Jacque rolls 3 to read emotion (WITS+EMP) (10 Again) 2, 4, 3 failure

Blood Hunt:

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam makes a quick call. Hanging up, he addresses the kindred in front of him. "It would appear that my welcome has been overstayed among even my clanmates. There will be no assistance from them. Again I offer my humble apologies." You either belonged to the clique or were a target of the clique. No place for anyone that didn't belong.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque stared at Adam with a cold gaze. His frustration was building rapidly, even with only hearing Adam's half of the conversation, "What was his response?" a short pause "And Mister Exlibrist, please do not paraphrase."

Blood Hunt:

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam folded his hands behind his back.

"He says he is very busy with several tasks. He was snide about my asking and will only offer his services if ordered by his Priscus should our need be so great as to require his time."

Adam was beginning to feel as if they were deliberately being set up to fail.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ok, we have to do what we can with what we got." She could feel the tension growing in the room. "As I have said before...I am willing to try and do whatever is necessary to reach our end goal. I am not good at coming up with strategies but I am not afraid of trying new things."

"Adam, you tried and you will keep trying. Jacque, thank you for your patience with me. OK. What is our next steps?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He looks from Adam to Mable, "Oh, I intend to Priscus Wood. The issue is that we have far more assets than it seems and for some reason there is some kind of invisible barrier keeping us from a logical progression forward."

Thinking on her next words, "Not to worry, I'm sure we can make something work but I'm the type of fellow that likes to make sure we have our shit straight before going in. I may not have worked with either of you to any official capacity but I want to stress that it is important not to downplay any of your capabilities." Motioning and looking to Adam, "For example, I have no idea why you seem to think that for a reconnaissance mission involving infiltrating a building, that it somehow would not benefit to any degree from someone who can quite literally fade from sight. I know you are smarter than that, so what the fuck is going on?"

He turns back to Mable, "Can you do some searching online about the Coroner's office? If we can get some basic information about staffing, the layout... really anything it would help."

He pulls his phone out and glances up to Adam, "His number please." He was clearly referring to Mitnick in his request.

Blood Hunt:

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"I can vanish. But simply disappearing is not enough. We would need to get it in. Access to digital or hard files will not be easy. I can vanish yes, but not walk through walls. Nor can I pick a lock or hack through computer securities."

Adam hears the request. "Mr. Mitnick is displeased with me. Giving out his number may agitate his displeasure even more. I would be a fool to give out his number freely and openly." As he spoke Adam placed his hands on his chest and signed a numerical sequence with his fingers. He was a shadow after all. Mitnick had chastised him for speaking openly on an unsecured line but an analysis of that conversation would show that Adam gave nothing away while Mitnick was the one who identified Adam. Good thing Adam doesn't exist.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Adam, I have worked with you before. You were wonderfully helpful. I would have been caught for sure. I know you offer value, a great value. I have had to learn where my weak spots were and allow others to fill in those gaps. It doesn't mean I am incapable of great things. It just means I have to be strong enough to admit I can't do everything. And I admire your not giving out another's phone number."

"Jacque, I believe the Sheriff has him on another task. Perhaps it would be best to call her instead and ask if we could borrow him for this one?"

Mable tries to get online using her phone. "I'm going to need to try getting the information from my computer at home. I can't seem to get online here."

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-31 09:45:45 Mable Wood rolls 3 to int+ com (10 Again) 1, 3, 5 failure

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam recalled the experience of working with Mable. The art museum heist was a stroke of luck. It also had a larger team. It was different than breaking into a police station and morgue.

"Indeed, perhaps success was only due to luck or the blessings of the Dark Father. I am not one to test fate so quickly a second time." Recalling how that one success led to Mable recklessly feeding an unknown entity with consequences yet unrevealed. "Our punishment for our sins that evening have yet been dealt to us. Speaking of which, how do you feel?"

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.