Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He closed his eyes to help concentrate on thinking as Mable provided the information from her allies. Adam and Mable were focused on wanting to view the body. A part of Jacque did too just to see if he could get more of the chemical but the task he was given was to figure out why Cummings was killed and who did it. He already knows how it was done.

Before he could finish thinking Adam was already back on about the Moore House, "Unfortunately, you'll need to sleep in the bed you made for yourself in that regard Mister Exlibrist. Thankfully, at this moment it may not be entirely necessary to examine the body. We're trying to figure out who did it and why."

He ponders over the details further before looking to Mable, "You're not paraphrasing are you? That's surprisingly lacking in detail for something that should be considered a homicide."

He holds up a slender finger to indicate a pause in discussion as he pulls out his phone and dials a number, "Hey, I need you to look into something. There's a body sitting in the morgue by the name Jeffrey Cummings. Can you take a look at any paperwork that's been filed on it and send me what you get?" He thinks for a moment while his contact confirms the details he wants, "Yeah and... don't rock the boat too much while you're digging into this."

Jacque is calling an ally in City Hall to see if he can get any info from the morgue reports, autopsy or coroner.
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-24 18:17:29 Jacque rolls 8 to phone a friend in city hall (M+P+Allies) (10 Again) 6, 6, 8, 5, 10, 1, 7, 1, 4 2 successes

Blood Hunt:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable handed Jacque her notebook when he completed his call. "I wrote exactly what I was told. I have a few others I could call, but I'm afraid of seeming too interested. I could do coffee with a friend of mine and get more info."

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam let Jacque's comment pass. For all he really cared the House of Moore could burn to the ground. It represented failure and death. Its only purpose now was as a valuable resource. Unfortunately the kindred of this domain failed to understand how to properly manage resources. That conclusion enters Adam's brain as he realizes his presence here is moot, pointless. He has nothing to offer the investigation. Perhaps that is Moretti's goal, bore him into leaving the domain. Assign him to meaningless task after meaningless task until he gets the hint.

"My apologies for not having anything useful to contribute."

Adam really would rather be performing charity work, praying, or rebuilding the church. He still was uncertain as to what was going on or why he was even here.

S
    Steven

"Hey Mr. Krait, Yeah. Um. Nope, Can't help you. The record is sealed by the Chief Medical Examiner. He signed for the body of Mr. Cummings and locked the records down. His privilege being as he is the CME. Weird that he was at the Coroners office at 1 AM though..."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hey thanks for trying. One last question. Do they still like good old-fashioned pen and paper over there or have they pretty much switched to all digital record-keeping?"

Jacque hangs up after receiving his response, "Do either of you happen to know anyone with a set of lock picks? I'm a bit out of practice but we're going to probably need a set where we're going." He thinks a few moments before adding, "Unless either of you two are a bit more skilled with that."

He arches an eyebrow, "Come to think of it, it might be helpful to know what skills each of us are bringing to the table."

Blood Hunt:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a small snort of laughter as she remembers her one foray in B and E. "I don't have lock picks. And most of my tools are more suited for larger projects."

She thinks a moment deciding to be straight forward, "As far as skill sets or lack of skill sets... I am a fighter. I have claws and can shift shapes. I have been learning how to do some surveillance, mostly Arial. I am willing to try and do what ever is needed. I have some minimal computer skills. I suck at lying, I tend to be honest to a fault. And I have zero political game. I have multiple contacts in the emergency services and am just starting to get to know people in city hall. Other things about me you may want to know... I will risk myself to protect my group. So you can always count on me that way. Sorry, I guess I really am not the best one to be stuck with when investigating."

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam stood silently until the question was asked. "I am of few talents. My skills lie in knowledge and lore. Books and the occult. All of this is out of my expertise. I fear all I can offer is a hindrance. A proverbial third wheel."

Adam really did feel useless in all of this.

"I owe a debt to the sheriff and remain despite having nothing to offer you. Again I offer my humble apologies for my uselessness."

S
    Steven

Most everything is digitized. The guys down at the morgue usually go analogue and then transfer to digital.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He looked between the two as they responded with their areas of expertise, "Priscus Wood, when you say minimal computer skills, I don't suppose you'd be able to hack into one would you?" She was a savage but Jack was certain there were more unusual things in the world. "Also, what can you shape shift into?" he asked with intrigue.

He contemplated for a moment before turning to Adam, "You're a shadow, are you not? I know enough to conceal my beast as you have. Are you skilled enough to walk in concealment?"

"We need to get into the coroner's office and get the sealed, electronic files related to Cummings. The way that the case is being handled is suspiciously 'hands off' as it were so acquiring the files and digging through the Chief Medical Examiner's emails should give us some clues as to why."

He already had a hunch that this was one of many city officials that had been influenced or bought off by Echelon, but no sense in jumping to conclusions, "I'm open to any suggestions on an approach."

Blood Hunt:

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"I am able to go unnoticed by all but the most observant." Adam contemplated the request. "There is a hacker among us but Cousin Derek has been assigned another task. I would be of no use on a computer. How do you propose we gain access to the morgue?"

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.