Ended
Watch

(2019) Spring Coronation

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham may have failed to instill any ear for music in the throng of hobs, but he was never one to give up easily (or take the hint, as some'd probably like to argue). Therefore, upon finishing his discussion with the two crafters, he makes his way to the middle of the Tavern, where Angus, John Doe and Titania scramble to prepare for the onslaught of guests Lost and native to the Brambles alike.

"Titania, let me be the first to say you simply glow in that dress" A smile is dispensed, warm and friendly "John, you look sharp as a knife today" He nods in appreciation of how perfectly the suit fits this Darkling.

A look to the throng of hobs, then towards the drinks "Do you need any help with that?" Neither of them are exactly physically imposing, and they could probably use someone who knows how to use sharp objects as deterrents.

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    (Wrath's fire can break any metal.)
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Cole immediately makes his way towards the Spring Queen, at a distance to where she can at least hear him clearly in the throng of hobbes and party-goers. He was actually rather nervous about this- would the gift have stayed the same, after being exposed to another? Would it still contain the same spark he'd used to make it? Some of the flowers on his 'new form' fluttered off from the nervousness.

"Ah... Queen Ingrid? This celebration is wonderful- a party of parties. And you look lovely as ever... Erm.... In keepin' with the theme, and being a Wyrd-Smith (and wantin' to make a better impression than last time) I ah... Made something. A gift? I'd be honored if ya received it?..." Ok, look. Cole was terrible at formalities. Courtly manners. Sounding fancy. Whatever the proper protocol for this was, Cole didn't know it. So he dipped into the bag and pulled out the faded jewelry box, holding it almost delicately.

Standing before a monarch wearing only jeans and a green shirt, Cole felt rather... On the spot. Maybe this wasn't the best idea?.... Not much time to reconsider now, though. This was what he'd wanted right? To display his talents? Advertise himself?.... In a room full of hobbes and changelings.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes returns the wave to Sasha as he enters, giving the Winter Queen a warm smile.

He gives Circe a nod. "Well, I've been on the last trip or two. I can point out where we've covered already, though I admit it's not far."

Gently spinning Sera around to face him, the Autumn King feels warmth spread through his limbs, though a small part of his heart stays cold and chilled with fear. "I certainly do. And Thank you! Always one to make an effort for the Coronation," he says, smiling at the hand on his arms and slipping his around Sera's waist. "I have been... flourishing," Rhodes says with a smirk. "My connection to the Wyrd is stronger than ever. But... I'm always better for seeing you. Though if you think this is overdressed for everyone I may get protective of your honour." His eyes dart around her face, hesitant, but smiling. With so many people here.... Not that I care what they think.... Should we reveal what we think of one another? The Flowering holds the Nix close, a moment frozen in time.

The entrance of the Vernal Sovereign could not be more dramatic if she tried. Rhodes joins Titania in cheering and applause, noticing the exposing cut of the Telluric's dress, before looking around at the fabulous dresses and fine suits of the assembled Changelings... including yet more new faces.

"I never knew Ingrid had so much influence with the local hobs," Rhodes says to Sera, smiling.

If some of the nearby Lings want to start a side thread, to ease up the main thread a bit?
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    S
    Sasha

As with the next season, everything was quite abuzz and amusingly chaotic. She hoped to speak with Freya at some point. The Dancer would stay out of the way unless called upon.

Still, she waved back to those who waved to her. She felt a lilt in her step today as she casually moved around the Spring's party. She hadn't realized she'd meandered as far away from the front area as she did. Sasha typically liked to make a circuit around an event that wasn't Winter's and came upon an Elemental she'd hardly had a chance to speak with in a more private setting. She smiled at Fawkes . "Quieter back here, at least for now." Smiling softly as she chuckled.

F
    Filomina

The new person enters Court. Looking around Filomina saw a storm of unfamiliar faces. She was dressed in a knee length dress of evergreen that had the texture of leaves. The hem of the dress was a faded mix of brown with white. Not sure where to start she walked towards the bar. Filomina leaning against the bar asks for a drink.

Observing the crowds everyone was dressed well in lavish shades of green. A changeling seemed to stand out. Looking uncomfortable and seeming to fumble with something. Everyone seemed to mingle with their own social groups. Two groups stood out . One group of Changelings seemed playing formal and speaking to whom she though was the Monarch. The other was very lively and social enjoying the festivities as Lost often do.
    Last edited by Selena; Mar 25th, 2019 at 06:54 PM.  Reason for Edit: Cleaning up post

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Mantle: Spring
    Exegesis Agarwal

Mien: Skin of polished amber, eyes replaced with a star field.

(+W 2roll & G for Heavenly Articulation)Glamour 1 Willpower Spent
    PRE

Exegesis watches Cole approach the Spring Sovereign with a growing sense of apprehension. As quickly as ze can reach him Exegesis whirls round Volker, hatbox still in hand, grasping his free hand and drawing him into a swirl of movement.
    Wits + Expression + 1WP distract from a potential faux pas (Second die roll, since I accidentally gave myself too many dice the first time.)
    2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-25 18:40:54 Exegesis Agarwal rolls 8 to (correction) Wits + Expression + 1WP to distract from a potential faux pas (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 3, 10, 4, 2, 4, 7, 8, 6 2 successes

“Let's Dance!” and then, more quietly, to Cole, adds, “Let's talk.”
    A few twirling steps leads them back to the same corner they were just in.
    Use the same thread we were just in?

Defense: 2 Armor: 0 Speed: 9 (10); Sling & Sjambok wrapped around each other as a belt.

8. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

Freya's Mein is a hybrid between her mask and some hellish bird of prey. Her face is much like her Mask, save for the larger, saucer-like amber eyes that a more reminiscient of a bird of prey than a human being. Within her mouth, her lower and upper canines are also more prominent and elongated.

She bears no hair atop her head, boasting instead a short headdress of dark brown feathers. These feathers trail down her spine and along her shoulders and upper arms before erupting yet again along her thighs and rear. Freya's lower legs and forearms are scaly, not unlike the legs of a large bird of prey, and end in wicked talons which serve as her primary tools against her enemies.

Truly, she is terrifying, but their is a Savage beauty to her.

(Boost Expression)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Freya had seen Sasha and her invitation, but it seemed she did not completely understand the signal. She offered the Winter Monarch a deep nod and a smile from her perch. Maxwell J. Pierce was also finally noticed by the harpy-woman, who offered him a smile, but made no moves to dissuade him from imbibing.

Wide eyes watch as the hobs fail spectacularly to provide Queen Ingrid a fitting chorus with which to enter.

The Spring Queen's recovery, however, earns a soft laugh from Hunterheart, along with light of applause.

Then the silence reminded her of her self appointed task. The Hobs were gone. Finally, Freya could do what she had promised to the Springs in their planning.

Rising from her spot, Freya retrieved her guitar case and found a bare spot near the banquet table. Retrieving her treasured instrument, she composed herself. Following the failure of the hobs it became Freya's duty to set the tone for the coronation. In her mind, the elegance of the affair, at least in part, now rested on her shoulders.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-25 18:45:16 Freya rolls 11 to Play Guitar (Pres+Expression+SL+Specialty+WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 10, 2, 2, 3, 7, 10, 2, 10, 10, 7, 1, 3, 3, 1 4 successes

And she succeeded. The music to follow was an original piece. No words were spoken, but the fingerplay easily relayed the skill of the musician and the song proved atmospheric and elegant. In truth, part of the performance was successful due to Mother Talon's own expression. Her passion for the piece was clear as she forced her will to ensure her mastery,

Wyrd: 2 | Mantle: 1 (Spring)
    Mantle: The light scent of apricots

10. Likes Orianna, liked this post
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Sasha and Fawkes continue Here...

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Agreed, Titania is setting a galactic standard," first pun of the night, more horrors to come. "The more the merrier," she chirped before tilting her head to the side "Eeeeeven if it negates Cole's plans ta just cruise through on a motorbike." She nods in thanks to Rhodes, "Great, not much point in retreading the known when we seek mystery. Unless there was some loot we left behind but I don't recall any on that last trip. I do know a clear patch good fer testing things I can share with ya Rhodes."

Then Ingrid make her entrance. And her throng gives up the ghost after the fumble.

Circe winces at the accident Ingrid had on arrival, then laughs as the Spring Queen shouts out in joy. Clearly she is fine, "A spectacular entrance!" Circe was also surprised that the hobs were so amicable to Ingrid. It was something worth talking to her about.

And it made Circe finally noticed somethings beyond those paying attention to her. The hobs were being hobs. And Cole flailing about socially. Two for the price of one? Sure! "Yeah I'm surprised by this too Rhodes. Shame Cole beat me ta goin' ta Ingrid ta check her, uh, it out. Eh, no harm in helping right?" She gives Rhodes a cheeky grin as she song out, "You and Sera have fun now," before heading over to Ingrid and Cole.

As she walked up she gleefully speaks up to the duo, "Ingrid! Good job on the landing, no injuries I hope? Out of curiosity how long did ya take ta choreograph that? Cause I always found getting hobgobs ta do anythin' organized was worse then herding cats." Giving the Spring Queen a option to claim it was all an act in the process. "Gotta say I ain't surprised they wanted the food," the blue Fairest chuckles out.

Circe stops before passing Cole to peek over his shoulder at the jewelry box. "Ah, I've been hopin' ta see more of yer work Cole. This dude is brilliant with Hedgecraft," this is clearly aimed at Ingrid while trying to encourage Cole. She even pats him on the shoulder.

Be Confident Cole
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-25 19:53:49 Circe rolls 3 to Cheer up U R Cool Cole (10 Again) 2, 4, 10, 9 2 successes
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

J
    John Doe

Thankfully, Abraham Norton arrived. "Yes, I'd love to have a helping hand."

Those who want to participate in Hob Control, follow John!

Page 4 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread