THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam sits down across from Arturo.

"My infinite gratitude Brother Garcia."

Adam clasps his hands on the table.

"I have spent most of this evening in silent prayer, hoping that tempers have cooled so that everyone can see the penance I am attempting to serve because of my failure at the last court. Upon noticing your arrival I was hoping to discuss the future of the Church in Sacramento with you. It will take our combined strength to rebuild it."

A
    Arturo Garcia

”Well, you have been here a touch longer than myself, so before we get into the thick of it, what is the status of our Church? Do we have a proper haven, or property? Do we have territory which we can call our own? I have been busy since my arrival to the city, so much so I have not been able to properly dig into covenant business.”

He may as well try to get what information he could about the status of the Lance from Adam while he had him. It saved him from having to do the footwork and track down the officers of the court who would have that information.

”Based on what I have heard, are things as bad as they seem?”

He asked with a smile on his face while he placed an elbow on the arm of the chair and resting his head in his hand.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

The questions begin, good.

"To be blunt, there is no church. You and I represent the lone two congregants of the city. The remnants of the faith consist of three, All Hallows Church, destroyed. the Nave of the Necropolis, status unknown, and the House of Moore, which we have been evicted from. Territory is an issue I have not raised, but true, we are in a tenuous position at best and without the approval of the Prince or a Regent, we would not be able to move forward with building a new one. Simply put, we find ourselves homeless."

Adam paused to let that information percolate.

"The situation is bad, Brother Garcia. But I have faith that this tribulation will only make us stronger as a covenant. Was not Longinus mocked by the Kindred of Jerusalem and did they not try to drive him away?"

A
    Arturo Garcia

”It seems we are batting three for three are we not? The Moore House, do you know anything about the eviction? Is this something prompted due to our arrival or are there other reasons that it remains closed to us. When I first arrived the Prince was very open about allowing all covenants to find peace here, so I am curious as to why he Lance has been forced from our own haven.”

He shifted in his seat, sitting up further and purposely taking the air into his lungs to sigh.

”Well unlike Longinus we are not so wrought with a disposition to overindulgence, so we have that working in our favor. This is our rock, and a church will be built. It is just a matter if we have to start filling the collection plate ourselves or if we need extract an indulgence to lessen the sins of those who have let this err continue.

It seems as though the Lance as in a tough spot, but it had been in such many times in many places. Sacramento did not offer the same level of danger he had seen

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"Regent Moretti evicted the Lance presumably because of events at the last court. Events which I am partly to blame and working penance to absolve myself of. The House of Moore resides in the Regency of Florin and as its regent, she was within her rights to admit or deny access to whomever she chooses."

Adam hesitated to mention his belief that Moretti's eviction was potentially motivated by her covenant and the desire to lock down a potential wyrm's nest. The eviction of the Sanctified from Florin could very well be a boon in their favor, removing them from the thumb of a dominating Ordo dictator.

"I have been granted temporary access to remove all Sanctified belongings from the House of Moore. It is my desire that we together seek and secure from the Prince tenancy of our own regency. One where our church can grow and thrive. My relationship with the Sultana remains conflicted. Your's however may stand the greater chance of broaching the subject."

Adam wanted to mention the work he was doing in the Barrens, but wasn't sure if the time was right.

A
    Arturo Garcia

It looked as though there would need to be some things clarified and rights reviewed if what Adam said was true.

”Punish a covenant for the actions of one? No matter what my opinion is of what happened at the last court I don’t think the eviction of the Sanctified from their property should be based upon that. While you are correct about the later of the issues I think I will speak with both the regent, and the Prince regarding those issues. I think it would be best if we secured a roof for ourselves and any other Lance which may join us.”

The gears were turning in his head as he thought of the best way to approach the scenario at hand. So much to rebuild, and only eternity to do it.

”Do we know what led to the state of All Hallows Church?”

It was best to enter a game knowing what pieces he had at his disposal.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"Agreed." Adam was on the same page as Arturo.

"The report I received from Mother Superior was that it was attacked by VII. Though she has her suspicions that that was just a cover. It resulted in the final deaths of members of Church and an Inquisitor. It's destruction also precipitated a lengthy period of strife over the selection of a new Bishop. Following that, no efforts were made to rebuild the site. Not even sure what Regency it belongs to, or even if it is within the Domain proper. All Hallows is located in the suburbs at the following address _______."

Note: Cross Yumyumcrow Steven I have scoured the archives and can find no reference to the location of All Hallows Church other than it is in the suburbs.

A
    Arturo Garcia

”Regardless of what has transpired, let it be known you are an expert at gathering information, Mr. Exilbrist. I believe kudo’s is due where it is necessary. Stepping back for a moment however, the Moore House while we have been evicted do we know if the ownership still resides with the covenant and if it does, do we require the assignment of any titles to lay claim. Whether it is kept or now, I am not a fan of giving up on what is ours.”

The other Lance’s work was paying dividends now, and together they were stronger than they were apart. Mistakes were easily corrected so long as they could get what was theirs. He had his first leads, and hopefully they would be more receptive to the Lord than the Shadow, but Arturo had a way of making people bristle. This would be fun

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"Per my conversation with the Seneschal, the House of Moore remains in the name of the Second Estate. She holds the keys in trust until a leader of the covenant steps forward. The Harpy has been given temporary stewardship of the keys so that the Covenant's belongings may be removed."

Noticing the secretive note passing of last court, Adam contemplates passing notes, wishing that Arturo was skilled in an encoded language.

"You may have better luck in negotiating the title than I. We should have a faith leadership meeting soon. There is much for us to discuss."

A
    Arturo Garcia

”Well, we will very easily see what measures will need to be taken when I apply myself to the acquisition of our properties, and see what else we can earn from it. I have faith that you will stay on the path, and are not the type to make the same folly twice. You are also very well versed in the literature. It is clear to me we come from different arms of the same master.”

In what little time they had spent together it was hard to deny the abilities of his fellow Lance and would make no steps to belittle any efforts he had attempted to try and secure the Church since he arrived. Effort could be applauded, slothness could not.

”Now if I may be so bold, are there any other interests that you have in the city to help keep you busy between prayers?”

It was broad, designed to let the man answer as he may.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.