Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Folsom) The Art of Diplomacy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    S
    Steven

"Yes, the cameras are still functioning. With the door to his cell open to the entire substructure, we would risk burning the entire prison down and killing everyone inside of it. That is far to visible. Were we to get him back into his cell, in some way, he could be executed with fire. The cell was designed to be fire proof, the fire would burn itself out."

Uther stands and bows, "Thank you Your Highness, you have granted me a kindness by the time you have spent."

"I will contact my people, and see about getting you a blueprint, Sheriff Moretti." He turns his gaze to the crimson haired woman.

"And thanks to you Seneschal York." His gaze shifts to the entire room. "I will leave my contact information and I will stay in the domain for two nights, I must then return to my duties. If you need more time, I am easily reachable."

Uther removes a burner phone and sets it on the desktop. "Two numbers, Myself and my second, were something were to happen in the interim."

Uther again bows to the room and, if allowed, takes his exit.

If you have more questions for him, he will certainly stay, if he is dismissed, he will leave. I just wanted to hedge for both accounts, as to not leave you all waiting for me any further. As a reminder, I will adjust this plot based on the experience level of the toons you all send in, assuming Ale accepts. If you send in EPIC level characters, it will be an EPIC level plot. If you send in NEWBS, it will be a newb level plot. But please be aware, I don't know how much more clear I could have been, if you go face to face with the Prisoner, there is a good possibility that at least one character will die. There are always choices. NWOD is squishy, and elders are elders. If you go the combat route, I cannot be responsible for the dice roller. Sometimes it does weird things.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina made no move to stop Uther from leaving, merely nodding to him in thanks for his acknowledgement. The next move was Antinori's, and she looked to the Prince to see what she wanted to discuss.

Posting to pass the turn and allow Ale to take lead.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The cameras still working could be of great use. Unless the guy knew about them, then they were better off without them.

A nod to Uther, “Thank you. I’ll speak with my Sheriff and we’ll figure the best Kindred to send. Get this taken care of as soon as possible.” Glancing at the phone, she nods once again, seemed he was smart.

She won’t stop him from leaving. And once he does, she looks to Lina, “I know there are always Kindred eager to prove themselves, but we need to be smart about this. I don’t want to send anyone to their Final Death. Do you know of any that are competent and not quick to resort to a fight? If we can get this guy down without bloodshed, it would be best, if possible.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

V
    Vivian York

Vivian wasn't necessarily the Sheriff, but she could certainly peg off a list of people who would be good red shirts.

"I may have a name or two in mind as well, but please, Sheriff, you are probably far better at discerning who is more capable than anyone here."

Looking to the Prince. "And if there have been any who have offered services to you in exchange for Favor or Regency as well, those may also be key people."

L
    Lina Moretti

Uther was gone, and the Sheriff turned her attention to the Prince and Seneschal. A thoughtful look crossed her face and she stared off into oblivion for a few seconds, considering the question. Competent. Eager to prove themselves. Not quick to resort to a fight. They'd need hitters, sure, if they couldn't get it together...

...and, of course, people who wanted to potentially risk themselves for reward. It wasn't hard to tell how dangerous this thing would be if it came out swinging.

"Yeah, folks are gonna die badly if they just roll in there, weapons hot without a plan. We can crack out the big guns if things start getting out of hand, but perhaps I'd pull up a team of folks to come up with a good plan for our nod first. This is a matter that screams that it would be best solved through trickery and thinking ahead. I can meet with whatever crew we assemble and go over the thought exercise with people about how to drive this thing back in its cell so the defense mechanisms can be used."

Looking to Vivian, she said, "Who do you have in mind? The other challenge is, we've got the Echelon issue and the Hunter guns issue I'm already dealing with, which means a lot of folks are tied up. Madcap's tough as nails and seems practical. Arturo Garcia, maybe. A researcher -- perhaps Thomas Boyle, maybe, or Jacque. Both, even. It's ultimately about making up a good plan. We can adjust from there once the right information is in hand."

My kingdom for a Kindred with tactical experience...

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Glancing to Vivian, “There has been one who thought aiding the Domain meant they got a title or a Boon from me. But I fixed that.” While this situation was different, the sour taste in her mouth remained. “Who did you have in mind?”

She nodded in agreement, “No one’s going in there without a plan. Because if even one person goes against the plan, it could end the whole team.” And that was not acceptable.

“We figure out who, and then like you recommend, we have the run their plan by us. There is no room for error in this.” One mistake could jeopardize more than just the prison, it could affect her Domain.

She leans back and listens to the names being offered. “Garcia worries me, as his arrogance seems to get the better of him. He speaks before thinking, so I worry he also acts without thinking. But I’d be willing to humor it, see what he would have to say and offer. As to Madcap, do we know if he can change forms? Having a Kindred involved who can change into other animals could help.” Maybe.

“We can make a list, call them in, and lay it out.”

V
    Vivian York

The two of them probably had a much better idea of who would be better suited. Particularly Lina, since she was the Sheriff. The deputies would also have a good idea.

"Well, there's the Derek chap, Dirtnap, MadCap, Wilhelm, and if Adam isn't doing anything in particular, he could probably be of some use." She was very aware that Adam would probably screw something up, yet, if he was used as bait, she wouldn't have a problem.

"Jacque would be good at any research, but I don't think being on the forefront that he would be suited." At least he could be of some use, but hopefully wasn't needed to do the actual work.

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti leaned back in her chair thoughtfully. She'd put her options forward. "No idea about Madcap's form changing capabilities. That's a thing Mable Wood is well known for, but she's a hitter, not one who does detailed planning. We're also dealing with a subterranean lair beneath a prison, so overhead flights might not get us much. I bet an Animalist could provide the scouting you need without the risks associated with putting a Kindred into the space? As for Garcia, I've got an idea about how to motivate that guy to get on board, if he does well. A carrot, to go opposite the stick that we can deploy on his face if he fucks this up."

Lina nodded to Vivian's suggestions - then, her face brightened. She looked like she had an idea.

"We need someone with access to utilities, and connections within the prison system. Know anybody who has those kinds of things?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding to Vivian, “Only bad thing is that I haven’t worked directly with any of them.” She really needed to get back out in the field so to speak. "But we need thinkers who can get shit down without getting killed." so she had some good names.

“Her being a hitter isn’t a bad thing, but this task is going to take more finesse than strength I think. I’m not sure who has the best use of Animalism, but it’s certainly something to consider. Like you said, scout it without the risk.” It was mainly a Gangrel thing, but there could be some others with it.

An eyebrow was raised, “If you feel like sharing, I’d love to hear.” But she wasn’t in the business of awarding arrogance.

A thoughtful look, “Personally? Not really. I can reach out and see if anyone knows anyone type thing. What are you thinking?”

L
    Lina Moretti

"Let's grab the nerd squad, and get started," Moretti said with a chuckle. "Once we've got a plan we like, we can grab the exact right team for the op itself. I figured if we've got access to the utilities and underground systems of the prison, we might be able to introduce elements to the area where this vampire is without risking ourselves. Gas, maybe. Or other uncomfortable things. We'll have to see what it all looks like, but if we're gonna do this clever, we'll need to think outside the box. As for Garcia, I figured it might be a way for him to start digging himself out of the hole - but I get it if you don't want to bother.

Did you want to come to the planning session, Your Majesty, or did you want me to handle it?"

It made sense for her to. This was her conquest of new turf, not just some Domain issue.

We're 12 days over a month. Would y'all like to move onto a legwork scene where we get some folks in?

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.