Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Echelon) Take A Number

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    S
    Steven

Derek and Garrett find themselves in a conference room of the Nox Elysia, where their work can begin.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek doesn't sigh. He doesn't need to breath. But working with Garrett feels awkward already as he enters the room behind Garrett. He sets down his laptop bag on the conference table and does his best to hold gaze with the Savage.

"I don't know if it'll help, but I have a few connections in finances. Not much, mind you, just someone who feeds me tips when I request them. The account number and the name, A.Giessen, linked to Echelon is a good lead. If we can find out what company its under and what it contains then maybe we can gain control of it. But if it's through Merchant's National Bank then we'll be walking a dangerous line. I'd prefer if we only resorted to a targeted hack once we've exhausted other means."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett nods as he sets up himself. The corner of his mouth twitches in a smirk. The stuttering had stopped, that was a good sign. The Mekhet clearly took Lina's attention seriously.

"I should be a little honest about my skills," he says as he sits, "I do not think it is a secret that my Clan is complete garbage at technical thought processes, and Gangrel scholars are a rarity for a reason. It took a lot of stubbornness for me to manage beyond the basics, so, expecting your level of talent is flattering but I am going to be realistic." He chuckles, cocking his head,

"I think Moretti has stereotyped me because of my demeanor. I can assist in your research and do the talking if that is your preference. Also, I can practically smell your annoyance with me. Beasts are Beasts, and peacocking in Court are two different situations. If you have a specific issue beyond that, I would rather it not disrupt your progress. Are we good?"

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek isn't quite sure how sincere Garrett is being through the gesture of humility and rationale. Perhaps with no one around to impress, the Gangrel could be real with an fellow unestablished Neonate.

Either way Derek doesn't wish for his tiff from earlier to get in the way of their work. He nods, "All I want is to reliably get through this threat. I'm not going to get distracted out of pettiness. So yeah, we're good. Let's just focus on what we need to do."

Derek's eyes wander to his laptop screen and he then pulls out his phone thoughtfully. "The Sheriff seems to think you're well connected. So contacts first. I'll try mine, you try yours. We'll pool our info and figure out the next step."

Derek takes some time to shoot out an email to his contact in the financial world

0sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-21 22:20:44 Derek Menzies rolls 7 to tap into his contacts for info on Echelon, Acct#, and A.Giessen [MAN+Persuasion+Contacts+Sp1] (10 Again) 2, 6, 5, 5, 1, 4, 1 failure

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Klingt gut," he mutters, creating some distance so their respective conversations don't cross wires. Garrett reviews the names and accounts that Derek provided during the meeting, making a few calls once he has the spreadsheet organized.

He will contact the networking platform utilized in connecting the departments and names over such accounts, and contact the financial sector on the data trail for where numbers are being moved. A.Giessen is the name he focuses most on. He comes from the usual angle of being an investor and sweetens the pot with usual bribes if they backpedal.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-22 12:59:23 [02] Garrett Prosper rolls 10 to Manipulation + Persuasion + Contacts + (Specialty: negotiating deals) (10 Again) 9, 10, 2, 5, 8, 4, 5, 1, 1, 3, 1 3 successes
      4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-22 12:59:23 [01] Garrett Prosper rolls 10 to Manipulation + Persuasion + Contacts + (Specialty: negotiating deals) (10 Again) 5, 9, 7, 10, 4, 6, 3, 10, 7, 9, 1, 6 4 successes

S
    Steven

Derek's search was unable to find purchase, but Garrett's was. Garrett found a full name. Both resources obviously knew the name. But they refused to discuss it over the phone. Both conversations went similar to this:

"Are you crazy calling me dropping a name like that."

After further cajoling from Mr. Prosper, one of the contacts agreed to meet to discuss it. At the Tower Bridge Parking garage, 3rd floor, parking spot 312.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Mm, they did not like me asking about that," remarks Derek after he closes out the email. Information that sensitive is a red flag in itself.

Once Garrett had returned to share his better fortunes, Derek says, "I suppose we should go? Or would you prefer to meet them on your own?

Despite the irksome advantage that Garrett had in the financial world, Derek isn't about to assume that the Gangrel would willingly share his contact's identity.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"The way you pitch things can make a difference," he responds after hanging up.

Prosper thinks on it, not commenting on Menzies' lack of luck. His mind was already on logistics and having a Mekhet on the roster alleviated a lot of potential risk.

"I did not like the tone. If we are not getting set up, I anticipate someone will show up...Are you gifted in staying out of sight?" the Shadow had the demeanor for indulging in that talent, "And how are you in terms of assault?" His grin is vicious,

"How do you feel about dogs?"

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Yes," answers Derek without pause. "I am able to make use of the Cloak to conceal my movements from the minds of unskilled observers. And I am capable of handling myself with a knife if absolutely necessary. Dogs..."

Derek does pause at this, considering. "I don't care for them, I guess. If you want me to stay out of sight while you meet with your contact, I can. Why the dogs though?" he asks quizzically.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper starts researching with his laptop as he speaks, "Good. I find it very annoying when Kindred bulk at using an animal for its intended function." With that he starts looking into nearby kill shelters for animals ready to be euthanized. Prosper gestures to the Shadow's equipment,

"We should look more into what this name means so we can better anticipate what kind of blow back this meeting might entail. If you do not mind I am also going to try and start getting some paperwork moving with some overpopulated dog rescues.

Worst case scenario, we show up and a bunch of Men in Black pour out of some vehicles to unload bullets like some sort of spy thriller, but I have been called jaded.

I will help, though like I said I am more of the logistics guy. If you have ideas, I am not a psychic,"
    he chuckles.

Garrett uses his laptop to assist Derek's research.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-27 16:50:02 [03] Garrett Prosper rolls 3 to Garrett Prosper rolls 3 to Use laptop to assist Derek Menzies in his research (Intelligence + Computer) (1s Subtract) 10, 9, 6 2 successes
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-27 16:50:02 [02] Garrett Prosper rolls 3 to Garrett Prosper rolls 3 to Use laptop to assist Derek Menzies in his research (Intelligence + Computer) (1s Subtract) 3, 4, 1 failure
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-27 16:50:02 [01] Garrett Prosper rolls 3 to Garrett Prosper rolls 3 to Use laptop to assist Derek Menzies in his research (Intelligence + Computer) (1s Subtract) 5, 10, 2 1 success

Looking up from his work, he cocks an eyebrow, "Do you shoot? Do you have body armour?"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.