Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Kingmaker) The Danse Macabre

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca could almost feel her connection to humanity slipping away as she tried to puzzle through their entirely too subtle reactions. It would seem she would need to be more direct if she wanted to learn more information. Gracefully you made her way through, her eyes dancing between people before finally landing on the smug-looking man and the woman in the business suit. "Galas bring out all sorts of people." She paused for a moment before continuing. "Good evening both of you. Doctor Rebecca Simmons," she said, offering out a hand. "What brings you two here this evening?"

C
    Cross

Twist and Vivian found themselves in their element.

The gorgeous Archon, for her party, slid effortlessly into the social circle, striking up a conversation about whatever she fancied in that instant. The words mattered not, for they were but a lure, a lure designed to snag the attention of a powerful bit of food --

"Tell me, do you prefer jazz, or classical? This evening's show is... well, some find fashion to be the most interesting thing going, but I myself am looking forward to the saxophone quintet at the private party afterward."

And there it was. Senator Harris, offering Twist a handshake. She didn't give a name. She didn't have to. Everyone who was here tonight was here for them.

Meanwhile, Vivian swizzled and swizzled. Though the nature of vampirism pulled away from the social mojo of every vampire, Vivian York could not be stopped --

Vivian! Exceptional success - go ahead and take control of how you'd like to approach Dr. Mujrahid and his friends. You definitely have the initiative and the approach. He is currently paying rapt attention to you, so feel free to take some liberties with the scene.

Meanwhile, Alessandra repositions herself. Though she does not know why just yet, she takes the extra time which could have been used elsewhere to assess further. It appears that the Big Pharma guys are spending more time looking at the older, wilier Senator --

-- well. Not anymore. Vivian York is obviously on approach, and she is stunning. The entire table of Pharma guys are staring at her. It's actually a little awkward.

Finally, Rebecca Simmons Danses a little closer to the conspirators, who glance at her. The man is gruff, but the female puts on a stunning smile. "Doctor, it's such a pleasure to meet you. I am so sorry to be a bore, but... we're having a bit of a work situation that needs our attention. Do you mind if we catch up with you later?"

Rebecca Simmons - if you wish to resist being politely and skillfully blown off by the female conspirator, please roll Manipulation + Socialize, capped by Humanity. 4 successes are required. If Rebecca meets that target, she can dance around the blow-off and press on without any social difficulty at the party. If she does not, then she knows that pushing further will probably lead to social consequences at the party.

4 sux to blow off Rebecca nicely
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-09 13:29:19 A Conspirator rolls 5 to Manipulation + Socialize (10 Again) 7, 9, 10, 9, 8, 6 4 successes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, this wasn’t exactly helpful, but maybe she could make it work.

“She really is quite magnifica, isn’t she?”
    remarks the Savage with a smile. “If anyone would like an introduction, I can arrange that. She is quite wonderful to talk with.” They would either accept, or not. And if not, she’d move on.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca watched as the woman's masterfully brushed her off. She attempted to maneuver, but it was in vain. All she could say was, "Of course. Some other time then," as she watched them leave.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-13 11:00:14 Rebecca Simmons rolls 4 to Man + Soc (10 Again) 10, 3, 6, 4, 5 1 success

Rebecca's gonna try and subtly keep an eye on where they're heading.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist's smile reached eyes as she heard the voice she had been aiming for and with ease Twist slipped her hand into Harris's proffered one. "I have to admit that I find myself swayed by my mood," Twist says as she uses the handshake to move into the edge of Harris's bubble. Not close enough to be in, but definitely knocking. "Myah Torsione" she offered before releasing the handshake.

"As far as fashion versus music though- I personally find the combination to be an altogether different pleasure. Thus why compare when one can enjoy either or all? A saxophone quintet though you say?" Her voice lifted in intrigue at the mention of musicprivate party that would host the Senator.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

C
    Cross

V
    Vivian York

Vivian felt like she was shining in some sort of showcase now. She spoke to Dr. Mujrahid, heavy on the flirting while swirling the swizzle stick. "Now Dr. Mujrahid, I do hope you're enjoying yourself this evening. I do love a good French '75 myself, what is your drink of choice for such events?" A question that wasn't just simple to the Deava. A drink could tell a thousand answers, more than some realized.

"The clothing tonight is spectacular, isn't it?" Nodding toward each Senator who had been mingling around. "So curiously, which of them do you think is dressed better this evening, Heather Hart or Lisa Harris?" It was a relatively simple question, but the answer would very telling.

My sincere apologies for the delay.

C
    Cross

And so begins the team play with respect to Vivian York, who had very capably infiltrated the Big Pharma circle. Follow that up with Alessandra Antinori offering introductions -- not a bad move at all, directing attention onto the very humane Daeva. A couple of the Pharma guys take Alessandra up on her offer, and Ale has the opportunity to join Vivian in the VIP section to make introductions. The Pharma dudes themselves aren't important, but it's a chance for Alessandra to begin working Dr. Mujrahid in one way or another to help Vivian to sway the sponsor.

Alessandra is now able to do Teamwork rolls to back Vivian up if more rolls are required!

Rebecca Simmons doesn't create a scene. She politely disengages, and the suspicious pair leave the main room. Simmons can see they appear to have headed off toward the washrooms.

Senator Harris flashes a smile at Myah, taking and shaking her offered hand. Blushed and prepared, Twist has no challenges with the touch of a mortal. "Ms. Torsione, you couldn't be more right. I just find the usual runway fashion music so blasé, so overdone. If I wanted to listen to Maroon 5, I would go to the Victoria's Secret show." She chuckled, a rich, throaty thing that just invited people to chuckle along. People did, too. It was strangely like a circle of evil laughs, except not that evil - perhaps these people were just sycophants, playing into the Senator's legend? "I should say, this is not just any saxophone quintet. David Sanborn trained these fellows himself, and let me tell you, they are just exquisite. Tell me, are you into music yourself, Ms. Torsione? Or... may I call you Myah?"

Informality. It was the first sign of an in.

Vivian York, for her part, has Dr. Mujrahid's complete attention. Alessandra arrives, but the radiant beauty paying all this attention to him had his eye for the moment, at least until she says something to him. "I love a good Old Fashioned, but I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage, miss...?" He floats, offering his hand as he rises to his feet to greet the Daeva appropriately. He smiles. He isn't a looker, not really, but the smile is genuine and brings light to his eyes. Looking back and forth at her question, he gives a chuckle. "I'm no fashionista, but..." He glances over at Hart with a meaningful smile, letting the silence do the talking. "I should say, though - few here could compete with you."

Pause.

"Your attire, I mean."

Vivian York had officially Made Him Awkward. A feather in a cap, to be sure.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist joined in the group chuckle honestly, "And at that point one may as well go to the local strip club." Popular music. Scantily clad women. A stage. The only difference was the lack poles and hands with bills. Not that she minded either, as her history could show. But the comparison nonetheless could be made.

"It comes to a matter of quality no?" Twist smiled, a dazzling smile at the honor of the request from the Senator, "Please do. And yes, music is critical to both myself and my work. I knew that I would get visual inspiration from tonight's event but it sounds as though there may also be a chance for more than just that."

"And I'm sorry, I told you my answer but I rudely didn't ask for your preference on music..." Twist let the statement hang and turn into an invitation for the Senator to elaborate upon herself.

@Cross Would it be appropriate for Twist to move into the Seduction attempts in order to snag fully the Senator or is there something more appropriate for the evening goal of securing her? At least until Twist can get her alone..
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

For a moment, she was surprised as hell that it worked. Fully expecting to get waved away, she'll enter the VIP area.

For the moment, she was content to watch and listen as Vivian did her thing. Seemed no one could work a room like a Daeva. But should an appropriate break in conversation present itself, she will introduce herself.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.