(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Chess? I’ve played before, but it’s been some time. But I get the analogy you’re making.” There was a nod.

“It was a mixture of that and having brought the best team in with me. The key to those wins is knowing the strengths of those around you, and placing them in the optimal spot.” For them, it had been Twist. Her take down of Dirge had been game changing. “I’ve learned over the years that if you take out the one in charge, the followers will fall without the leadership.” A good way to win with little casualties on her end. “Extremely different circumstances, and yet similar. Funny how that works.”

A sly smile and nod, “Ah, well that makes sense. One should always plan for the worse case scenario.” Especially with Court. “It was intriguing, and something I hadn’t seen before. And as you’ve always surmised, I enjoy pieces that spark conversation.” And that piece did.

Chuckling, “I’m not sure if it blessed me or not. But I believe our kind should know how important new identities are to surviving.” Especially the younger ones. “Oh, I still have rules I have to play by, they’re just different. There are rules and codes in the criminal world.” Which some might not believe.

“That attention to detail will serve you well within the Domain. And surprisingly, not many ask what my goals are. Perhaps some believe that after reaching this station, there isn’t anything else. But they’d be wrong.”

Glancing to the painting, she smiles, “It actually just came in, it’s called The Young Martyr. I’ve seen it spark many debates about the meeting the artist was trying to convey. And there are even people who say the painting is of Ophelia. Though I believe that’s all interpretation.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He raised his eyebrows at the mention of rules and codes she abides by, "Oh? I will keep that in mind. Once my roots have taken in the courthouse we should meet again to discuss those. Until then, the less detail I know the better."

He nods, "It is a behavior that almost seems to plague Kindred. A quote from a playwright comes to mind- 'A man's interest in the world is only the overflow from his interest in himself.'"

He idly strokes his chin considering the interpretations the Prince had offered, "I can see how some would feel that way. The garments worn by the lady and the person in the back give me a sense of an earlier time in history, during the Christian faith's infancy. Once upon a time, it was illegal to be Christian and they were forced to make sacrifices or be sacrificed to pagan gods they did not believe in by decree of a Roman emperor. The Halo is so beautifully and flawlessly added to the painting as the only possible source that is illuminating the woman. It instantaneously takes a gesture that was intended to scare people out of a particular faith and inspires them to tremendous resolve."

He sighs whimsically, "It is a shame that they fail to see the irony or even hypocrisy in how they treat others who do not share their faith today. They even go so far as to pass faith based legislation. What would that Martyr say if she could see how her fellow Christians of the world behave today?"

He digresses and looks back to the Prince, "You said what other people thought, what are your own views?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking amused, “What? Surprised that the criminal’s have rules and codes they abide by?” she asks with a smirk, “But yes, the less you know the better.” Not that she would tell him anyways.

Studying Jacque as he speaks about the painting, “Interesting that you picked up on the Christianity depicted in the painting. According to history, he painted it to show a female Christian Martyr, during the reign of the Roman Emperor. It’s been said that the shadows on the hill are her parents. The halo gives illumination to the girl and not her parents, putting the focus on her. And bringing out an emotional response from the viewers.”

She then chuckles softly, “I’ve always found religion to be humorous. And I have yet to find someone who practices what they preach. Always so quick to pass judgement when their book tells them only their god can judge.” A shake of her head, “I believe she would be saddened by the joke it has become.” Plain and simple.

Eyes turn to the painting, “I’ve never understood the whole martyr thing, so I see more Ophelia in it. There has always been different theories surrounding Ophelia’s death. One section describes her as falling and drowning, another makes hints to it be a suicide. But what if it was neither, what if she was murdered? Her being murdered makes the Queen’s actions and lines clearer. So to me, the girl in the water is Ophelia. The halo signifying how innocent she was in the whole mess that was going down.” A shrug.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He chuckled with a single nod, "Honestly, a little. I mean I figured there was some structure and more or less an order to things but you sound like you are talking about something a little deeper than that."

"Agreed. With religion it always seems to be the same vicious cycle. The oppressed ones rise up with vigilance and conviction against all odds... and then become the oppressors. How droll." Shaking his head while motioning to the painting, "And that one had so much potential in its infancy. If today's zealots would embrace a little humility it would go a long way. Ironically, they could learn a little from Christ if they cared to read their own material," he smirked shaking his head.

Chuckling and giving a quick wink, "But, I digress. I could be on that soap box all night. I think I enjoy your perspective more on this one."

Smiling, "Well, I think you've answered quite enough of my questions this evening. Did you have anything else you'd like to go over or any other advice to offer before I retire?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was another smile, “It’s a lot deeper. While there are some in the business who don’t abide by them, they tend to find life very difficult. It’s always cutthroat, but more so when rules are broken, we do have some honor.” A wink.

Nodding, “In my years I’ve seen more kindness and acceptance from non-believers than ones who claim to follow the teachings of god. And they’ll quote you these various verses to try and justify their actions and words, all while not actually reading and understanding. But they don’t seem to catch on that how they act and speak leads to their so-called oppression.” Truly annoying.

“It’s an easy topic when the ones talking aren’t blinded by what their head has been filled with and can tell fact from fantasy. A rare find these days.” She says with a laugh. “And thank you. It can spur quite a debate, sometimes heated as there are some who don’t like you going away from what the artist intended. But that’s the fun part of art in my opinion, knowing what they want you to see, then seeing something else.”

The night did seem to winding down. “I can’t think of anything right now. But should you have more questions, please feel free to call, I’m always willing to make time for those of the Domain. And I’ll reach out to Judex Twist, but the rest lies with you.” And if he made her look like an idiot, there’d be hell to pay.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He stands from the chair slowly so as to not startle Cain, "Well, it certainly has been a very productive discussion. My understanding of the politics of your domain are much clearer." That, and other things.

"I will be sure to do that, and again thank you for setting aside time to meet and for contacting Judex Twist." He bows before turning to the exit, "By your leave, your Majesty."

I am good to close, thank you for the scene!

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage stands as well, which led to Cain standing, his eyes still on Jacque.

“Yes, it has! Productive and quite enjoyable.” Not many wanted to discuss art or anything other than business. “And I’m glad I could clear some things up for you.”

Nodding, “Of course, and please, enjoy the rest of your evening.”

Thank you! It was a fun scene!

8. Likes Killian liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread