Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Gangland) The War Room

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Cross

I'm going to add a couple of bodies to this plot to get some more new players involved. Stray DevilRevelry . Feel free to join if you'd like.

Derek hits the internet, looking into Fuego. Owned by an American holding company that has ties to Juarez, Mexico, the restaurant is a profitable and well-run Italian restaurant that has actually gotten many a good review. The name Diego Martinez does not appear anywhere in the publicly accessible documentation, but he does find a floor plan for the main level. Up near the emergency exit, he realizes through photographs available on Google Images that there is a staircase leading up and down that is not on this particular plan; plainly, it's older, but it gives the general gist of what they can expect in there. Open space. Many tables. Lots of beautiful, open sightlines. A manager, named Nate Engleby, with an executive chef named Paulo Almeida.

Arturo's criminal contacts have a different perspective. For certain, there are individuals that frequent this place associated with the Mexican underworld. For certain, there is a gentleman who comes by this place that is known as 'Diego'. He is very fond of the four-seater table near the emergency exit and the stairwells, and he comes by to meet with friends fairly often. How they find out when he's coming in advance? There's a specific maitre d' that works only those nights. Bigger. Burlier. The criminals can't get his schedule, but that schedule is posted in the staff area...

A
    Arturo Garcia

The information gathering was going well, and seemed as though there were some connections able to be made between the appearance of the one they may need to find, his large cohort, and their positions at the restaurant. Also was the odd connection to home. One drove away so they could escape the hustle and the bustle of what had been expected there, and it was already finding them again.

As the voice was heard, the Predator inside jumped. The black claws were ready, feathers bristled, as the scaled beast reared back as another entered. The stand off made Arturo stand - not quickly, but he did stand with hands resting on the table. While the monster within him was snarling (and Arturo himself potentially grabbing the edge of the table), the other predator was the image of temptation.

Her sing song style of conversation was interesting, but the Lord's eyes had already fallen on the equipment she had, and what use it could be. Smiling he nodded his head in greeting to her as she introduced herself.

”Arturo Garcia, a pleasure. You are witnessing task being completed by request of the Prince. If you have any interest in joining us, we would be happy to share our findings about Italian restaurants with Mexican connections, and a couple of names that our of the domain’s interest.”

He glanced to Derek for a moment,

”The new names we have come across, check those as well. It may be valuable to know if any of them share our aversion to the sun. And I think we know what our brute does for spare change.”

He was sure it didn’t need to be said, but he would say it otherwise.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nod, nod. Clara sauntered over to the table and started up her laptop, perfectly at home as if she were just joining the two Kindred a bit later. She took in the information Garcia put out with the malicious interest Daeva took to what might entertain for a night or two. "Prince's orders? Our plan? Is there blood on tap or will we have to order out?" She asked idly as she pulled out her most powerful piece of equipment: her phone.

"Like, let's say we find out he shares our aversion to the sun--what, do you want to have his haven demolished during daytime? Want him staked and ready for questioning? What do we want from him, specifically?" She asked these questions lightly as she started to craft in her mind the Byzantine manner she could pull mortal allies to this cause without even knowing why this Diego man was a target. It was just fun to plan someone's demise after months of being out of practice. And it was a lot easier to think on this when Diego was a name that needed to be singled out and not quite a person yet in Clara's scheming mind.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek shrinks in his seat at the arrival of the femme fatale into the conference room. The table edge and thin monitor in front of him is a flimsy barrier between himself and the fearsome predator.

"D.Derek Mitnick..." responds the Mekhet, troubled by the new variable in the mix. He had barely had a chance to get used to Arturo's presence, let alone adapt to working together.

The questions are irritants, uninformed assumptions because Arturo couldn't provide enough data for the Kindred woman to arrive at their conclusion.

"This is just an information gathering mission to identify the Kindred who performed the unauthorized Vinculum. We are not to engage in violence unless absolutely necessary. Once we have all the information we get orders from a Deputy to take further action," Derek answers her, eyes glued to the bright screen in front of him as he continues to type away, fulfilling Arturo's request. He doesn't expect to find much on Nate Engleby and Paulo Almeida, at least nothing of note. If a Kindred was performing the Vinculum on a Herd using the restaurant as a front, there wouldn't necessarily be detectable behavior from them in the public eye.

"I think I should try getting inside under the Cloak and have a look at that schedule you mentioned. With a layout of the first floor I should have no trouble getting to it undetected." Of course someone of his Clan might be able to pierce the Discipline, but it was the most direct route to getting useful information on their target.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Arturo found himself seated once more, letting the new comer muse with them, the Shadow answering her more directly. He hadn’t wanted to go into the gory details if they were going to simply duck out. Derek had an idea thought.

”We can make a play for the schedule, that would be most helpful. We could use the same opportunity to plant a camera if we have such wonderful toys. If we get the schedule however, I may have some friends I can convince to go for a free meal and take some harmless pictures of area once we have an idea if our target is there.”

This was not his usual cup of tea, but he would see what he could bring to the table.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah, you must be a Shadow." Clara smiled at the insecure Kindred. She let her eyes linger for a moment on him. Then she continued, "Menzies and Garcia. You two could have your own TV Show."

"Why put such a task to others when we have someone who can disappear here, Garcia?" She asked the question with an easy smile. "Vinculum," she sampled the accusation aloud as she stretched out her cold limbs. It seemed like the smallest big thing to die over. It wasn't like the reason mattered anyway. Dead was dead, and whoever their target was, well, ash.

"Pardon, since I'm only a foolish girl who knows less about cameras than mirrors, but what are we hoping to find with these cameras? Proof to confirm suspicions? Blurry shots of potential naughty boys we won't even be able to identify? Well, not saying there aren't people who don't have a je ne sais quoi," she said with a shrug in no particular direction. "But not really knowing them would make it hard to identify whoever did to the Vinculum with a camera, yes? Or are there kine caught up in this little mess I'm not aware of? Pardon if I sound obtuse, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the objective."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Just a note for the future. He goes by the alias, Derek Mitnick, as written in his Minisheet and Title.

Something about the woman's mannerisms contained a frivolous exuberance that screamed Daeva. But he'd been wrong before about such things.

"A good point, Ms. Verne. One of us won't show up clearly. Though we could still catalog the offender's subordinates, such as Eddie Sharp. Perhaps we should just focus on identifying Mr. Martinez ourselves and gathering as much information on his operation as possible."

He address Arturo pointedly, "I do have a camera I can plant that I could access wirelessly, or listening devices to spy on him. That would be a good start in addition to obtaining the schedule. Of course, a distraction might make it easier for me to plant these things, since I can't wear the Cloak when I do. Though doing so might risk revealing our investigation. And both of you wear the Taint loudly I'm afraid."

8. Likes Riks liked this post
    A
    Arturo Garcia

”We can push the matter back a day, wait for them to fully close one night, and operate once they are gone or about to do so. It gives us the time we need to set anything up, or get what information we need from the schedules. It gives us freedom without having to worry as much about comings and goings, then we sit back and let the following nights work for us.”

“Our risk is how long until the coast is clear, and as Derek mentioned, our beasts do not like to whimper. It creates an issue when trying to move around other Kindred. It limits the ability to stand on the front line. I may be able to forcibly suggest someone commit a simple action if required, they have a tendency to act if I ask nicely.”

“We can press Engleby, Almedia, the chef and manager as well. There is the answering service which we may be able to use to our advantage - how I do not know, but it is there.”

C
    Cross

Once y'all are ready to proceed, tag me!

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek nods along with Arturo's suggestions. There is no hurry, certainly. Staking out the place could provide more information about the general operation. And there is the answering service.

"I'm guessing these commands of yours do not work over the phone? It would be nice if someone could volunteer information that way. But I suppose it's unlikely the answering service is based within the restaurant. So are you suggesting we stake the place out for a night and infiltrate on a following night or just go in once the coast is clear? I just want to settle on a detailed plan before we move forward."

Regardless, am ready to proceed

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.