Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
(SotA) Sanctum of the Ancient

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    G
    Galatea

The eccentric one had a strong feeling about door number two- terrible or exceptional huh? Well, Galatea felt content with whatever choice.

"If you truly think we should split up, we should go in even groups- even if it leaves one choice out, a single mage alone is probably suicide. Otherwise... I'm fine with door number two. Good or bad, if your gut's telling you something we should go there..."

Galatea nodded to the first door

"Gears behind that door- or some kind of machine. It's faint, but I can hear it. If there were such a thing as a cartoonish death trap, I'd guess it was there. There's no life nearby, except for us and our gameshow host over there."
    It wasn't at all surprising that he showed up as "alive" right?... Magic was confusing.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Eyes move as the Aether forms a barrier then Langdon sighs. "It is either nuts or near sentient. Either way I would rather not antagonize anything that may or may not have power here. Regardless of its mental state there is something there. It's not shallow or flat, something is there and I have no idea what." It comes out quickly and in one breath. Then the Moros inhales.

"It's ah. It's one of those stories you hear about the past. Something half-shrouded in mystery and half-shrouded in our lost history. If this is that place, that sanctum. Then we should be ready for anything and everything beyond those doors. It started as a test to see who was worthy and eventually turned into a challenge. The problem is that the Curator, one of our leadership, disappeared and took their secrets with them. I'm worried that this isn't from even the past decade. I'm worried that we're looking at something that has existed for centuries, if even that short."

"So it may be literal. One of those doors may be a fight or worse. One may require knowledge we couldn't possibly know or we consider a myth. Wit..may be our best bet? If Quickness of Mind hasn't changed too much as a phrase since whenever this place was made."

M
    Matrixchild

Since we've run long on this scene, let's work towards a specific plan on which doors, if any, the group or split up groups will be taking. If you want to use any arcana or mundane rolls to study or help you pick which door to choose, please do so, that way we can work towards the next leg of the plot.

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

I'm still gunning for Door #2. But I'll run mage sight again

7 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-24 17:55:40 Abacus rolls 8 to Sybils Sight (Door 2) (10 Again) 8, 4, 10, 8, 9, 10, 10, 8, 2, 7, 1 7 successes
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

G
    Galatea

Galatea will go with Abacus. She’s confident that SHE could handle what’s making the gear sound, but not confident that the others could. She’ll stick with and try to protect Abacus.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Langdon will stick with Winter if the Guardian goes for a different door than Abacus and Galatea. A Mystagogue in each group seems reasonable...and helps keep dibs. Though Langdon is inclined towards door 2 as he hopes it is for Knowledge and not blood.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He listened to Langdon's tale, unsurprised that yet another Mystagogue had gone off the rocker. This one tale however, had the benefit of involving old and almost forgotten secrets. Or maybe it was just a bait to lure them further into the trap. He nods, "Door number one or number two?", he asks, "It's not like we can take his descriptions at face value. So whichever you pick will be arbitrary"

Stats

M
    Matrixchild

Abacus's eyes were on door number two, but Fate was listening to Winter's words. As the word 'arbitrary' crossed his lips Abacus could feel just how wrong the man was. Nothing was arbitrary. Everything was within Fate's hand, and ever so slightly Abacus could feel a strange sensation creep up his spine as if he was getting a slight glimpse at her cards. As a chill ran down his spine his eyes shifted between each of the doors, but door number one gave him the coldest feeling of all. A deeply unnerving chill.

So it looks like we have two groups: Galatea/Abacus and Winter/Langdon. Tell me which door (1, 2 or 3) each group is taking and I'll open the next scene for each group.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

"Honestly if this is that sanctum and the Curator did ascend to archmastery I'm not sure if any of what we could consider to be the normal rules applies. That level of understanding.... It's something else." The Stalker shakes his head with a frown. "Ah I'd rather stick together down here. We may need all of our skills regardless of the door we pick." Langdon shakes his head again. "I really should have gotten out more when I was a kid."

G
    Galatea

Galatea looked at the doors again, and noticed her friend's shivers as he eyed them as well. Was he using magics to assist him?

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-26 21:48:13 Galatea rolls 5 to See the Shiver (wits + composure) (10 Again) 6, 3, 8, 6, 9 2 successes

"If that's your reaction to that door, I say we just go with two... Regardless, I will follow wherever you go."

The Thyrsus nodded to the others, returning from their conversation
    "Very well. Stay behind me- if fighting breaks out, let me take the hits."

2, or wherever her Fate-friend goes should that change

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.