Watch

Functional This Time

THREADID

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Mantle: Spring
    Exegesis Agarwal

Mien: Skin of polished amber, eyes replaced with a star field.

PRE

"As I think about it now," Exegesis addressed the air in the otherwise quite Hollow, "it's strange I've never actually done this before. I mean I learned work from Renn Fair Folk, I've made bracers, belts, boots and maybe a dozen sets of costume armor. It's weird I've never bothered to make actual, functional, armor. And yet, as I say that, I know I should be starting on something simpler for that reason... but that just isn't me now is it? Nothing I make is simple, if I can avoid it. Nothing I make is easy, if I can help it. I know, financially, I need to start making simple pieces, something I can churn out, something that will pay the rent. Instead, I always find myself working on the vanity projects, the custom work no one buys regularly... I just hate feeling like a machine."

Exegesis can hear earlier lessons echoing, remember workshops on sales and marketing; 'Ever been to a Disney store? They have it down. Look at the pyramid of plushies. Right on top, there's mega-plushie, the $600 stuffed animal you sell once a year, if that. They can buy it, but that's not what it's there for. It's there to catch eyes, so that they look at it and think 'I can't afford that.' but then their eye moves down the pyramid. On each self you see the same plushie, one step smaller each level. Each level is a price point. They're being shown that all you have to do is raise or lower your eye to the right level and the one you can afford is there. There's a sale for everyone. Make your shop the same way. You don't always need the pyramid, but you need a price point for everyone.'

"Yes, yes. They can't all be mega-plushie. It's just that it's always the big ones I want to make. How many bracelets can you make before you go crazy?"

Size 2, Durability 3 = 7 successes
    Dex 2 + Crafts 4 + Workshop 3 + Masterpiece -5 = 4 dice
    I'm going to have to ignore the first set of olls since I must have set the die roller up wrong. It gave me more rolls than I have in my pool. The part I am listing the link for below is the one where I got it to roll correctly by doing it one at a time.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-08 00:17:47 Exegesis Agarwal rolls 4 to Making Hardened Leather Lamellar Chest Armor (10 Again) 3, 10, 4, 4, 8 2 successes

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-08 00:17:11 Exegesis Agarwal rolls 1 to Making Hardened Leather Lamellar Chest Armor (10 Again) 1 failure

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-08 00:16:39 Someone rolls 4 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 4, 2, 4, 3 failure

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-08 00:16:18 Exegesis Agarwal rolls 4 to Making Hardened Leather Lamellar Chest Armor (10 Again) 3, 10, 7, 9, 5 2 successes

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-08 00:15:41 Exegesis Agarwal rolls 5 to Making Hardened Leather Lamellar Chest Armor (10 Again) 3, 8, 8, 7, 4 2 successes

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-08 00:14:26 Exegesis Agarwal rolls 4 to Making Hardened Leather Lamellar Chest Armor (10 Again) 10, 7, 8, 5, 6 2 successes

Last edited by Exegesis Agarwal; Mar 8th, 2019 at 12:24 AM.  Reason for Edit: Wierd Spacing

Defense: 2 Armor: 0 Speed: 9 (10); Sling & Sjambok wrapped around each other as a belt.

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Mantle: Spring
    Exegesis Agarwal

Mien: Skin of polished amber, eyes replaced with a star field.

PRE

Success

Defense: 2 Armor: 0 Speed: 9 (10); Sling & Sjambok wrapped around each other as a belt.

Closed Thread