(Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Side discussion to avoid cluttering up the main thread, this is NOT private from others.

W
    Wilhelm Schroder

Wilhelm stopped in his tracks, the dragon chained down deep to avoid issues struggles as this tiny tiny thing steps lightly before him. Wilhelms face lights up, almost like he's conditioned a look of happiness or kindness to come across his face when he was thinking of ripping people apart...How long do you have to think of dismemberment before your mind instinctively projects joy?

"Mr....Nap? A pleasure. Wilhelm Schorder, Clan Ventrue, Childe of Ephram Wayneright of the Domain of Portland Maine, Member of the Ordo Dracul." He recited the words forming as though habitual. "Also, very new to town. Recently acknowledged even. Perhaps you can give me the political lay of the land? Help me stepping on anyones toes..." He raised an eyebrow curiously, the one above his singular green eye.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles, "I would be glad to help, Mister Schorder." he says. He pauses in motionless thought for a long moment and then says, "Well first off, I can probably help you best by telling you up front that I am not the best one to talk politics." he says. "It's not my Study." he says.

"Whatever I can tell you will be the truth as best I know it, but my perspective on things tends to be kind of like seeing things from the bottom of a well, I sometimes think." Dirt Nap 'explains'.

"Anyway, thank you for choosing 'Mister Nap', I'm partial to it as names go." Dirt Nap says, "I am in the Gangrel, myself, and also a Supplicant of Terror." he says.

"Have you met Sheriff Moretti? She is also Grand Wyrm. The Order seems to be on pretty good terms here." Dirt Nap observes.

W
    Wilhelm Schroder

Wilhelm laughed a short belly laugh, a true laugh, he had gotten tripped up on his own name. Mien Gott. It had to be all the beasts closing in. "Apologies, I seem to have misintroduced myself. It's actually Schroder. You'll forgive me, a fresh parlor of predators on the mind makes the tongue a little tickled." He shook his head as the smile dwindled down to a grin.

At the mention of Mr. Naps status within the Order Wilhelm gave a reappraising glance at the gangrel. "Ah, no worries Mr. Nap, I'd never seek to take away your individualism plus it's a fantastic name if I'm being honest...So! A fellow student of the Great Work? And not full of hot air when asked a question you might not have the best answer for?" He said mentioning the question of politics earlier. How refreshingly wonderful. I am a Supplicant of the Void myself, I hope the covenants resources here will help expand that soon...I've not had the pleasure of meeting the Grand Wyrm. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to make introductions tonight?" He asked curiously.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "Kind of you to say, Mister Schroder." he says. "It suits me pretty well."

"I have found I learn more when I'm clear about what I don't know." Dirt Nap observes.

He nods again, "That's...interesting." he says, when Wilhelm Schroder declares his area of accomplishment,"Really interesting."

"I'd be glad to introduce you." Dirt Nap says. "Is that something you want to do now?" he asks.

W
    Wilhelm Schroder

"Something to do....Now? I don't know. Is she busy? I've not a clue what she even looks like...Besides, you seem interesting enough all on your own." Wilhelm said scratching the back of his head like mortals do when uncertainty causes a little itch. In this case, the coil of the void was bringing what it brings...which is apparently an itch needing scratched. Wilhelm took note of the Gangrels use of the word interesting, and decided to seek clarification. He also realized they were just standing in the middle of the room, and decided to talk and walk until he reached an empty table at which they could sit.

"So what interests you regarding the void? I know we'll have to use vagaries in our current surroundings but if it's something you're looking to study, I might be able to help. I also am operating on the good faith of my priscus with a loan business. Nuch more favorable rates for Kindred than Kine of course, in the amounts of up to 8 thousand dollars, subject to my discretion. Rare book purchases, experimentation gear, weaponry...it all costs money." He sighed opening his hands palm up in a sort of 'what can you do' gesture as his eyes rolled at the tediousness of tracking down such expensive items and the required follow through once located. Every motion looking as genuine and easy as the Kine make it look, despite the clash with his blushless face.

Assuming Dirt Nap follows, Wil sits.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles and sits."Well, first off, that's her over there." he says, gesturing subtly with his chin towards Lina Moretti. "She's already spoken with another of the Order who was introduced to her tonight, and has me showing him the Chapter House later, so it would be handy to get you introduced sometime to night, and maybe she'll have us head over there together." he explains.

"But you're right, Mister Schroder, there's no need to rush anything, 'specially when there's interesting talk available." Dirt Nap says, agreeably.

"As to the Coils, well yours isn't one that I am aiming for myself, but there's others in our Order, here, that are, so that is interesting." he says. "I have been preparing myself for a change, from Terror to Blood, myself. Preparing for a while, and close to ready, I think. My personal Plan though has been learning the disciplines of my Clan in my preparation for Change. You may be familiar, the Gangrel ways include learning to physically change. That has been...good preparation, I found." he explains.

"I thank you kindly, Mister Schroder, for your offer. I am interested in all learning, so it might be sometime, I would ask for your instruction on something. I am always interested in finding teachers. It's taking the time to work through applying the learning proper like that I aim to do right. No rushing that. Not at all." Dirt Nap intones with respect bordering on reverence.

"As to money. My needs are humble. I earn a living training horses, which helps with my Study at the same time. And being a Gangrel, I can go to ground near anywhere, so I don't really need a roof over my head."

W
    Wilhelm Schroder

Wil's expression of interest never shifted, though his eyes did when the gangrel motioned to the leader of the academy. "That would be handy, I love an excursion. We can take my Limo, if you like?" He spoke as his view returned to the one before him. Schroder noted a serene appreciation for the time given to kindred, the ability to be patient was such a marvelous thing within the confines of the curse. So few possessed it but it would seem Mr. nap is continually proving worthwhile. Wil's expression changed to a pleasant one as Dirt Nap continued on about his studies. At the response of a lack of money being fine, Wil almost choked. Surely he just doesn't realize...?

"You don't feel it easier to buy a Wyrms nest than be a squatter? Or to your library? Certainly auctions are less stressful than burglary? Forgive me for being presumptuous as to your needs, I just...I've never considered the Great Work without access to my small fortune."
    Wil leaned in with a genuine curiousity. There was no malice or judgement in his voice as he spoke, it was genuinely curiosity. How...industrious?....Yes. How industrious was Mr. Nap?

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles slightly. "That's a generous offer, Mister Shroder, and if it's line with what the Sheriff and Grand Wyrm Moretti has in mind, I would take you up on it." he says.

In response to Wilhelm Schroder's reaction about money and lacking it for Study, Dirt Nap goes still and silent. Then, after a long moment, he says, "Mister Schroder, I have only been in a few places where our Order is particularly active, so I guess my experience is a bit limited. What I have learned, pretty much, is that a commitment to Change works out better, the better I understand the nature I am committing to making changes to." he says. "It's seemed pretty personalized, you might say."

"So, for example, it would seem natural and expected that what Clan we are might give a nudge towards what kind of methods work best in our Studying." he says.

"For me, being a Gangrel, I suppose, a lot of things that are helpful for you work out more like limitations for me. I don't have the knack for having a lot of things without having to spend a lot of time and thinking on getting them, and keeping them and planning out the best use of them." he says.

"For me, the adaptability and resourcefulness of turning a situation into my Study without owning or totally controlling it works out the best efficient-like for learning and accomplishing as much as I can in the shortest time." he 'explains'.

"If you don't mind, I'll give you an example." Dirt Nap pauses, going completely, unnaturally still. He doesn't breathe for a full minute.

Then he says, "I said I train horses. And I said I am aiming for a Coil of Blood." Dirt Nap says. "Well, I have been training my beast for a while now to feed only on animals, horses, that is." he says. "I work cheap, and get the hard, odd jobs. A divorce' with a daughter who's pa who's never around gave her a wild pony bought at auction for twenty-five dollars," he says, "for example."

"I charge fifty bucks for the whole deal. I have a legit reason to be at the stables, all hours, and a good rapport with the horse, so it doesn't spook. No one questions me doing an odd bit of training like that at night. No one questions my methods. I feed on it when it's convenient, and I can spend the odd day as part of the dirt in it's stall when I please." he says. "Training the horses teaches me a lot about training my beast." he says. "You might be surprised at the similarities between working with a thousand pound prey animal that can panic and kick your head in, and working on my beast."

Dirt Nap pauses. "Now, for me, I spend a lot more time free to build on my Study and aim proper for my Change than if I owned a stable and a bunch of horses, and a big house to sleep in that was plain for everyone to notice was mine, even if it had a great library." he concludes.

W
    Wilhelm Schroder

Wilhelm nodded along, following with undivided attention as Dirt Nap explained his practice....well practice wasn't the word.

"More of a Tao, than a Practice. You study through doing. For the great work, perhaps in some ways dangerous, but effective in the right hands." Wil conceeded, if only partially, that this way of doing things could work. Certainly many eastern philosophies are based much on the same line of thought.

"I think you hit the nail on the head, different blood approaches things differently. You'll have to give me some notes on how you're training of the beast works on a practical level. I'm vastly curious...but I think such a specific discussion will have to be had elsewhere." The Lord said gesturing to the greater crowd.

"How do you find our Chapter House? I've been considering if it would be worthwhile to focus my attentions into any maintenance or acquisitions related needs? I haven't seen the land myself of course, but you did mention the possible excursion..."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread